• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BINGO! Percy Harvin on the trade black

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
harvin would be deadly in our packages...

but he's basically similar to what james brings to the table

:omg: People please stop with this James / Harvin comparisons. They are nothing alike.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a well written article on Harvin. The analysis on him was perfect!!

I've been on the Harvin bandwagon for awhile, not knowing what it would take to get him.

Yes, he is a head case (pun intended) but he was putting up monster stats with Christian Ponder! as his QB.

worth the risk, IMO and he is a triple threat, much more valuable than LMJ at this point.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
:omg: People please stop with this James / Harvin comparisons. They are nothing alike.

Of course they're nothing alike... except when Harvin lines up in the backfield. In which case, they are very similar.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of course they're nothing alike... except when Harvin lines up in the backfield. In which case, they are very similar.

Even when he does line up in the backfield, James does not break nearly as many tackles as Harvin does. James is able to burst into holes and get good yardage that way - he instantly goes down to the ground once a defender initiates contact. Harvin is deceptively powerful and is able to consistently run through tackles. Let's not even bother to discuss their value/impact on the field as a receiving threat.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFC North Blog
Percy Harvin story off and running
February, 11, 2013 1:45AM ET
By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com

We're off and I'm not sure there is any turning back now. The "Percy Harvin on the trade block" story is in full swing in NFL media circles and, barring a total denial from the Minnesota Vikings, figures to remain in the headlines for the foreseeable future.

(Actually, in the world of sports trade talk, even a total denial wouldn't suffice. We all know how these things work.)

We spelled out last week the Vikings' complicated situation with Harvin, a 24-year-old playmaker whose off-field behavior has ranged from eccentric to unruly in four years with the team. He is entering the final year of his rookie contract, which means now is probably the time for the Vikings to make their Big Decision on his future.

Coach Leslie Frazier and general manager Rick Spielman both stopped short last week of committing to having Harvin on their team in 2013. A WCCO-Ch. 4 report over the weekend added fuel to speculation that the Vikings will try to trade him, and on Monday our friends at ESPN Insider had already posted a list of possible suitors . (The New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers make a lot of sense.)

The post, penned by Sam Monson of Pro Football Focus, notes that transcendent players such as Harvin are rarely traded at this point in their careers. What we've heard to this point might all go down as high-level contract leveraging against a player who is seeking to be among the NFL's highest-paid receivers. Indeed, as ESPN's Adam Schefter says in the video, the Vikings are already short on receivers and would be further weakened if they traded away their best one.

If the Vikings can't find a compromise in negotiations with Harvin, what could they get in return? In the ESPN Insider piece, Monson discussed the possibility of a second-round draft pick, the price for a player considered damaged goods. I agree with Monson's assessment on that price; it would be the steal of the decade in the NFL. If the Vikings take less than a first-round pick for him, we could only conclude that their off-field concerns are deeper than currently contemplated.

Kevin Seifert | NFL

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would hate for this to happen. He and Wilson would kill!! Plus they have the benefit of us having Culliver on our lineup trying to cover him - match made in hell for us:

Harvin to Seattle?
February, 12, 2013 2:31PM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

One of the big news items this week is the report from Minnesota that the Vikings are considering a trade involving their touchdown machine, Percy Harvin. This has led to wild speculation linking him to just about every NFL team, though some obviously make more sense than others. There is some reason to believe that the Seattle Seahawks should be put in the former of those categories.

Danny Kelly of Seahawks blog Field Gulls explores the possibility of Seattle acquiring Harvin in some depth. In fact, Kelly foresees the possibility of two big offseason storylines intertwining: namely, instead of the Seahawks simply sending draft picks to Minnesota, they'd include backup QB Matt Flynn, who could push incumbent starter Christian Ponder. The Vikings have been pretty clear that they're sticking with Ponder as their starter for 2013, but Flynn would be a huge upgrade at the backup position; it's not immediately clear, however, whether Minnesota would be interested in taking on Flynn's salary as part of this swap.

As with any team, Harvin would fill a versatile role: some receiving here, some returns there, some occasional runs out of the backfield to complete the set. But one thing that's different about Seattle is that they employ Darrell Bevell as their OC, a man who once held the same post with Minnesota during Harvin's tenure. Bevell likely has as good of a grasp on the enigmatic Florida product as any other coach not employed by the Vikings, and that will certainly influence whether the Seahawks get in on these festivities or not.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but they would basically fulfil the same role in the pistol. harvin would be an upgrade over kyle and unless jenkins improves harvin would beat him out. but its an overlap in our offense.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
but they would basically fulfil the same role in the pistol. harvin would be an upgrade over kyle and unless jenkins improves harvin would beat him out. but its an overlap in our offense.

Put it this way, anything Crabtree could do, Harvin could also do but better! Anything LMJ can do, Harvin can also do but better! How is he compared to LMJ again?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harvin's trade value
February, 13, 2013 1:29PM ET
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

Percy Harvin may be on the trading block, but at least one person in the Minnesota Vikings isn't convinced that shipping him out is a great idea.

ESPN's Josina Anderson spoke with a Vikings team source who said, "He is a star athlete who is a great player. Is he a volatile guy? Yes. Can he be managed? Yes. For me he is not an issue. You just have to be able to deal and manage star players. I don't think we should be at the point of being done with him."

Another issue is how much the Vikes can expect to get in return for the mercurial wideout, and the buzz is that it certainly won't be a first-round draft pick.

"Heard from 2 NFL execs on possible Harvin trade: 1 spoke of how complex finding value is. Another said he'd be shocked at better than a 3rd," tweeted NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

That's the same picture that 1500ESPN's Tom Pelissero has picked up from his sources.

"Not surprised @RapSheet is finding relatively low ceiling on Percy Harvin value. Been vetting this since June. Consistently heard a 2 or 3," he tweeted.

Time will tell whether the Vikings are serious about moving Harvin or simply testing the waters to see what they could get in return. While there is debate about his trade value, there is no doubting his talent. As Anderson noted, before Harvin got hurt, he "was on pace for a 120 catches in a 16-game season, which would've been 2nd (2 behind Megatron) & 1,334 receiving ranking him 11th."

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that. It's unfortunate because that is a player I think that would have been a major steal for us if we were to draft him in the 4th or 5th round. I was impressed on what I heard about him coming out of the senior bowl practices; and in the game he really shined big time. Now I can see why his stock is rising so fast and this revelation is not a shocker to me at all.

Now whether he actually goes in the 2nd or 3rd is still yet to be seen. It will depend on how his combine and pro days go. I think 4th is the absolute lowest he will drop.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's a question nobody is asking:

The Vikings are a good, young, playoff caliber team. Why would they want to trade a player of Harvin's ability? It's not like they're re-building.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there must be some behind the scenes injury issues

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's a big injury risk. didn't realize he put up such good numbers and he;s only 24. huge risk.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Injuries weren't really an issue before this season, 10 missed games in 4 seasons, and 7 are from this season. He's just a pain in the ass, he's thrown his tantrums at Frazier and Childress.
And he wants Fitz Jr and Calvin Johnson money..

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when he's on the field, I've never heard anyone question his effort.....