• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: BILLS@RAMS 9/8/22 8:20 pm

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game went exactly how I thought it would go

Your team is not that good if you get 4 turnovers and only score 10 points

Plus Stafford will never last long into the season if he gets knocked around that bad with a bum elbow

A bit overrated maybe

Last edited:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not a huge advocate of throwing away seasons. Look how long some teams are stuck drafting in the top 5 and nothing ever materializes. And when you're a bottom dwelling team free agents don't come cheap and to acquire any decent starters you have to grossly overpay (which Seattle granted will be able to do, but that sucks as well).

That said, with Geno Smith starting it appears to be the case... I do like that Seattle at least made an effort to bolster their offensive line with a pair of new tackles for the guy that will eventually come in.

If your team is constantly drafting in the top 5 it's just a poorly ran team plain and simple. Teams that had an off year or in the process of rebuilding usually quickly get themselves out of drafting the top 10 rather quickly.

To me it's just worse missing the playoffs and being stuck drafting in the mid-teens because that just makes your rebuild go slower. Drafting in the top 5 gives you a way better chance to speed up a rebuild if you draft right.

I mean the 9ers drafted Nick Bosa #2 overall and went to the Super Bowl that year and he's considered a DPOY candidate. If they drafted #16 overall they aren't getting a player like Nick Bosa who is a massive component to their roster.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seen plenty of teams fall flat on their faces week 1 and get buried by everyone only to have a perfectly fine season. I mean how many times was the Patriot's dynasty over after a bad week 1 loss?

With that said the Rams were a flawed team last season and they are the same flawed team this season. Not saying they aren't a good team but they did have a number of rough games last season even the ones they won so they weren't exactly paragons of execution.

Still they have the talent to make a run like they did last season and the NFC isn't exactly a gauntlet this season so I wouldn't count them out yet.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FcLyCUuaAAAdxiY

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question,

Are you more impressed with Bills performance or concerned with the Rams performance?

For me, I thought the Rams laid an egg. Bills turned the ball over 4 times and the Rams offense didn't capitalize off it. Stafford looked like every bit of his arm was bothering him, his throws looked off.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question,

Are you more impressed with Bills performance or concerned with the Rams performance?

For me, I thought the Rams laid an egg. Bills turned the ball over 4 times and the Rams offense didn't capitalize off it. Stafford looked like every bit of his arm was bothering him, his throws looked off.
Josh Allen running the football is a cheat code, basically. Bills won the game on 3rd down in the third quarter by routinely using Allen to either beat out a Rams defender or to have the Rams secondary falter when having to deal with all of the Bills weapons.

Has more to do with the Bills imo. They looked that way in the playoffs last year when the Chiefs beat them in a 50/50 game but now they have Von Miller and Jamison Crowder on top of what they had last year.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well based on what I saw, I can see us getting swept this year.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question,

Bills look very good... whatever they did to prepare during preseason for regular season it worked.

Stafford and his elbow would be the only concern for me personally for Rams if plays like this next couple of games. First half looked OK, only 2 incompletions and 1 interception with poorly thrown ball. Second half did not play well.

Even before the season started thought it would be difficult for Rams to repeat with Super Bowl win. Very hard to repeat these days and also I thought the loss of Vonn Miller was big... he is still a game changer IMO.

It is only 1 game, Packers got destroyed by Seahawks to open 2014 NFL season on Thursday Night... they travelled back to Seattle for NFCC game and could have won only to lose in OT after collapsing in last several minutes of regulation.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams oline was beyond terrible. I don't see a fix for that coming.

The defense won't be that bad all season I think, but won't matter if the team can't block. Stafford is already error prone, it will get worse if he is hit like that every week.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defense won't be that bad all season I think, but won't matter if the team can't block. Stafford is already error prone, it will get worse if he is hit like that every week.

Yeah, they definitely miss whitworth.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I saw something that said the Bills didnt blitz all game. Or maybe only blitzed once. Rams taking that many sacks without getting blitzed is a huge issue for them moving forward imo because of Staffords yolo balls. If teams can stop the Rams rush offense and get to Stafford while having an extra guy in the secondary ready to pick off balls then the Rams are in big trouble.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have major concerns about the DallS OL, if it's that bad I might have to spend more time with the wife.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your team is constantly drafting in the top 5 it's just a poorly ran team plain and simple. Teams that had an off year or in the process of rebuilding usually quickly get themselves out of drafting the top 10 rather quickly.

To me it's just worse missing the playoffs and being stuck drafting in the mid-teens because that just makes your rebuild go slower. Drafting in the top 5 gives you a way better chance to speed up a rebuild if you draft right.

I mean the 9ers drafted Nick Bosa #2 overall and went to the Super Bowl that year and he's considered a DPOY candidate. If they drafted #16 overall they aren't getting a player like Nick Bosa who is a massive component to their roster.

Eh good points. If you're drafting well and building enough pieces up through coaching an off year or two can work.