• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: BILLS@RAMS 9/8/22 8:20 pm

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Walt Football reported: During our real fantasy football draft, Charlie Campbell broke some news regarding Cam Akers. He said he heard from team sources that Akers was in Sean McVay's dog house and that Darrell Henderson could start in Week 1. Avoid Akers in the wake of this information.

The site also mentioned it for this game matchup, so that's not surprising to me. Looks like their team source is legit. As for Allen Robinson, I agree that's a bit surprising... but new offense... Stafford getting mauled without his elite left tackle and the makeshift line they have, yah....

I think the Rams have new players on offense and defense, and haven't quite figured out things yet... and they're going up against a full strength Bills team who had very little change in the offseason outside of positive additions. The Rams just kind of lost and retained some stuff... they didn't really make any huge splashes and had ZERO draft picks to fill any holes. I mean they went ALL in 2021 and it works, Super Bowl. They went kind of all in again or retained what they had for this year but now everyone's older and no draft capital....

AND Stafford with the elbow issue coming into the game... yah.... I mean if the Rams don't implode this year, it's 2023 easily... they just can't sustain their spending and massive contracts for aging players like they are. That said, hey - they won a SuperBowl doin' it. So not all for nothing. Then couple that you've got the #1 last year's defense with Von Miller? Eh, recipe for disaster for the Rams.

That said, the Falcons/Cards suck ass and have no discernable pass rush... so if Stafford is recovering, no reason they wont start 2-1.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walt Football reported: During our real fantasy football draft, Charlie Campbell broke some news regarding Cam Akers. He said he heard from team sources that Akers was in Sean McVay's dog house and that Darrell Henderson could start in Week 1. Avoid Akers in the wake of this information.

The site also mentioned it for this game matchup, so that's not surprising to me. Looks like their team source is legit. As for Allen Robinson, I agree that's a bit surprising... but new offense... Stafford getting mauled without his elite left tackle and the makeshift line they have, yah....

I think the Rams have new players on offense and defense, and haven't quite figured out things yet... and they're going up against a full strength Bills team who had very little change in the offseason outside of positive additions. The Rams just kind of lost and retained some stuff... they didn't really make any huge splashes and had ZERO draft picks to fill any holes. I mean they went ALL in 2021 and it works, Super Bowl. They went kind of all in again or retained what they had for this year but now everyone's older and no draft capital....

AND Stafford with the elbow issue coming into the game... yah.... I mean if the Rams don't implode this year, it's 2023 easily... they just can't sustain their spending and massive contracts for aging players like they are. That said, hey - they won a SuperBowl doin' it. So not all for nothing. Then couple that you've got the #1 last year's defense with Von Miller? Eh, recipe for disaster for the Rams.

That said, the Falcons/Cards suck ass and have no discernable pass rush... so if Stafford is recovering, no reason they wont start 2-1.
Shark this can't be true.

This is not even remotely close to what a handful of hoop Ram fans were telling us this entire off season.

Yep this could shape up to be a fun year.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first game out, guess we shouldn't jump to conclusions...yet, but if you did you'd say the Rams looked washed up.LOL
To be fair, the Bills came to play on all sides of the ball. That team is hungry, deservedly so.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, San Fran should be leading the division at 1-0 after this week after they handle the lowly Bears who may have assembled a worse offensive line than Seattle.

The Rams obviously lost.
The Chiefs will destroy the midget and the horrible fuckin' defense in Arizona.
And the Broncos will slaughter what Seattle assembled - which is led by Geno fuckin' Smith, two rookie tackles, and a banged up guard.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's early and McVay will certainly get the kinks worked out. But man I would be very worried about Robinson. Dude looked really slow.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, San Fran should be leading the division at 1-0 after this week after they handle the lowly Bears who may have assembled a worse offensive line than Seattle.

The Rams obviously lost.
And the Broncos will slaughter what Seattle assembled - which is led by Geno fuckin' Smith, two rookie tackles, and a banged up guard.
Well, That should ensure a cards win. Thanks:thumb:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rams obviously lost.
and Shark. We don't have to play the Bills this year

Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the Bills came to play on all sides of the ball. That team is hungry, deservedly so.
Steelers play them in Buffalo in week 5... I'm absolutely terrified thinking about that DL going against the Steelers' OL

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early Christmas present.................
I would normally say, "Well at least we'll be able to play them in the cold and perhaps a lot of snow, which should really be to our advantage." And then I suddenly remember we're talking Buffalo here. :hurt:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first game out, guess we shouldn't jump to conclusions...yet, but if you did you'd say the Rams looked washed up.LOL

I mean it's not surprising. I kept saying the Rams will likely win the division because everyone else sucks, although I often underrate the 49ers because we usually beat up on them and with Lance starting it's an unknown but that still have Jimmy Gparorlrorlrol on the roster and a defense that can play.

That said, obviously Miller was huge, but when I heard Whitworth was retiring that was massive. The Rams had ZERO draft capital to replace him (reliably) and left tackles are a dime a dozen to acquire in this league. It obviously showed HUGELY tonight. I know Noteboom is a guy they have faith in but that's a tall ladder to climb to replace the production Whitworth had.

But agreed - no reason to overreact or jump to conclusions as most sports is always who gets hot/healthy later in the season anyway. I still don't see a reason the Rams should struggle against the Falcons/Cards and start the season 2-1.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers play them in Buffalo in week 5... I'm absolutely terrified thinking about that DL going against the Steelers' OL
They came blasting out of the gate in tank mode. Only the first game, but they are obviously on a mission. By game 5 they won’t be so intense … I think?