• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bills pregame

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t realize how long it has been.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that almost everyone here had high expectations for the defense, but the NFL is a QB driven league with rules specifically designed to give them greater success. I still think that Washington's defense will show up, the only question that I have and had prior to the season is will it be too late to salvage the season. I predicted 5-6 wins, and I'm sticking with it.
I'm trying to reserve judgment until Sameul gets back....if that even happens at this point. We are gonna find out a lot about Heinicke Sunday.

Landon has about one more blown assignment before I seriously think about moving him to linebacker. He sucks at safety and we suck at linebacker. Use him in that Sua Craves role and give Curl all the snaps. Collins is doing whatever the fk he wants back there.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to reserve judgment until Sameul gets back....if that even happens at this point. We are gonna find out a lot about Heinicke Sunday.

Landon has about one more blown assignment before I seriously think about moving him to linebacker. He sucks at safety and we suck at linebacker. Use him in that Sua Craves role and give Curl all the snaps. Collins is doing whatever the fk he wants back there.
I can't understand

I really don't understand why Curl lost the job in the first place. Reports of LC being back and better than ever were clearly exaggerated.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

falco film, it also clearly shows dean was right about the read
That is a good breakdown. As pointed how TH did some good things and he missed a couple of things. It is okay that he missed them now. As long as he continues to learn.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sty is going to be close with 5 to 6 wins. I have us with 7 wins. We haven't even played anyone who is good yet and we are going to be king size underdogs (2 scores or more) in many of our upcoming games beginning with Buffalo -9 Sunday.

What I feel like I am watching so far with WTF is a repeat of last year's 7-9 team. We don't look any better or any worse to me. We just have a few different faces. We have some people in our group here predicting WTF to win 10, 11, and 12 games this season and I sure don't know what they are seeing that I'm not seeing but I hope they are right and I am wrong.
After two weeks it would be hard to tell this team from a Jay team. The D is seriously under performing. I said all off season I hope they don't just insert LC again, they did and he is making the same mistakes. No pass rush, the zone is getting beat regularly and their are guys out of place all over on D.

I feel like the Dline had not only read their press clippings but they may have helped write them.

I figure 8 or 9 wins but if the D does not improve there will be less wins.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Dallas to start playing bad. They just beat the Chargers on the road while missing five starters. A win in Buffalo would be a complete reset as far as my expectations. Gonna probably get a definative idea of what we have in Heinicke too.

We need for a lot of teams to start playing bad but what we need and what we get are two different things. One of our guys posted on these threads before the season started that Dak was still injured and he wouldn't look good. If my eyes aren't fooling me Dak doesn't look injured and he looks real good.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I counted 5 and maybe 6 before the season began. While hoping for much better, calling them as I saw them, despite the kickback is just the way that it had to be.(counted the first Giants game as a loss, but hadn't factored in pure luck)

We will probably lose a game late that the other team should have lost and then your numbers will be back on schedule with the pure luck thing.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that Eeyore doomsday naysayer bullshit!
Fuck it!

10-7.

Taylor Heinicke plays well, the defense rises to the occasion, and the WTF’s turn into the W motherfucking FT, and beat the Bills in Buffalo.

HAIL!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that almost everyone here had high expectations for the defense, but the NFL is a QB driven league with rules specifically designed to give them greater success. I still think that Washington's defense will show up, the only question that I have and had prior to the season is will it be too late to salvage the season. I predicted 5-6 wins, and I'm sticking with it.

Unfortunately most things in life are all about money. The NFL is an offensive driven league because of its rules package because people like scoring and as long as they watch the network ratings go higher and they can sell their advertising for much more per minute. I was in this business for 20 years and ratings is the name of the game.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After two weeks it would be hard to tell this team from a Jay team. The D is seriously under performing. I said all off season I hope they don't just insert LC again, they did and he is making the same mistakes. No pass rush, the zone is getting beat regularly and their are guys out of place all over on D.

I feel like the Dline had not only read their press clippings but they may have helped write them.

I figure 8 or 9 wins but if the D does not improve there will be less wins.

You and I discussed our overrated defense on another thread recently and I forgot to mention something. Since the NFL has put so much focus on scoring with rules that are going to be pass interference almost every time when a corner or a safety even brushes a receiver maybe WTF should have been built for offense rather than defense with big name players over the last few years. So, we have no defense and give up 99 points per game. That's not a problem as long as we score 100 points per game.

The point I'm trying to make is that the time might come that we will have to trade some of our big time defensive guys for some big time offensive guys.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately most things in life are all about money. The NFL is an offensive driven league because of its rules package because people like scoring and as long as they watch the network ratings go higher and they can sell their advertising for much more per minute. I was in this business for 20 years and ratings is the name of the game.
Talking to a friend a while back about watching the games (he's an Eagles fan) and we concluded that part of the reason why viewership is waning among a certain demographic is because the evolution of offensive football comes with the price tag from those who loved and appreciated defense. I've been posting for years that really good defensive football is no longer allowed in the NFL. Now they've introduced that BS "taunting" rule and I'm daring to state that it's implementation will definitely turn off a lot of viewers. Can't say how big the hit will be, but I'll bet that after this season the rules committee will revisit and adjust that rule. (It's going to cost some teams games this year.)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I discussed our overrated defense on another thread recently and I forgot to mention something. Since the NFL has put so much focus on scoring with rules that are going to be pass interference almost every time when a corner or a safety even brushes a receiver maybe WTF should have been built for offense rather than defense with big name players over the last few years. So, we have no defense and give up 99 points per game. That's not a problem as long as we score 100 points per game.

The point I'm trying to make is that the time might come that we will have to trade some of our big time defensive guys for some big time offensive guys.
See: Sty wants to gut our team in an attempt to get the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the game!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking to a friend a while back about watching the games (he's an Eagles fan) and we concluded that part of the reason why viewership is waning among a certain demographic is because the evolution of offensive football comes with the price tag from those who loved and appreciated defense. I've been posting for years that really good defensive football is no longer allowed in the NFL. Now they've introduced that BS "taunting" rule and I'm daring to state that it's implementation will definitely turn off a lot of viewers. Can't say how big the hit will be, but I'll bet that after this season the rules committee will revisit and adjust that rule. (It's going to cost some teams games this year.)
I am not sure what the taunting rule has to do with the defense ( strictly). But I guess it depends on what you think the viewer wants as far as the rule . It’s hard to legislate emotion our of an emotional game though

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think Thomas knew he was there

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That 1985 Chicago Bears defense was so good that if they won the coin toss they would elect to kick off because after they got off the field in 3 plays they would end up with great offensive field position after the punt. That Bears defense would probably be penalized every other play in today's game with all the rule changes favoring the offense.

TV ratings are way down now from what they use to be with the NFL. There are several reasons for this. The NFL must think that more points will bring the ratings back up but I don't think so.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 1985 Chicago Bears defense was so good that if they won the coin toss they would elect to kick off because after they got off the field in 3 plays they would end up with great offensive field position after the punt. That Bears defense would probably be penalized every other play in today's game with all the rule changes favoring the offense.

TV ratings are way down now from what they use to be with the NFL. There are several reasons for this. The NFL must think that more points will bring the ratings back up but I don't think so.
The answer is there they just don’t want to face it and it’s not offensive football