• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Simmons believes the Celtics will trade for Okafor

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think celts should trade the pick. They have a pg and Dunn is extremely overrated IMO. He has no jumper and was extremely inconsistant in college. Love Murray though

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okafor cant coexist with noel. The sixers stockpiled big men, then the league changed to more versatile shooters. Multiple dominant big men dont win titles now.

Okafor was drafted 3rd. Its a do over for philly, and Stevens is the kid whisperer.

Multiple dominant big men would win NBA tittles today. The problem is, there aren't that many left. I think people fall in love with versatile shooters and think that's the only way to win.

Give me dominant big men over these new type of big men anyday.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think celts should trade the pick. They have a pg and Dunn is extremely overrated IMO. He has no jumper and was extremely inconsistant in college. Love Murray though
Dunn didn't even take part in a physical for the Celtics. He doesn't want to come here because theres no room for him.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm just a little more pessimistic about Okafor but if the Celtics offered the #3 pick, the #16 pick AND Crowder for Okafor, I hope to hell Philly accepts that deal.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I keep the pick if I'm the Celtics.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sixers are confident that Embiid is ready to play and can remain healthy, they have to deal Okafor.

A team with Saric, Embiid, Noel, Okafor, and Simmons doesn't have enough spots on the court to put these guys.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Okafor is all that good. He can score, but he does not defend particularly well. I think his upside is Carlos Boozer: good, but not great player that only impacts the game on 1 end.

As for the idea to trade for Butler or Cousins, Butler would be a great get for the Celts. I think he could play alongside Thomas and Bradley to form a truly elite perimeter trio. I would like to see theM keep Crowder too, however.

As for Cousins, be careful what you wish for. That guy is incredibly immature and a locker room cancer. He needs to go somewhere that he would be the clear #2 option behind a well established and respected veteran leader. If Cousins is your team leader, you are not going anywhere.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice response.

He is not as good as the top 2 right now, but he is a full year younger and a very natural scorer. He could end up being the best in time, no doubt about it.

By the way, 20 years ago, if someone had predicted Kobe would be the best in the class of '96, most would have had the same response you just did. Scoring 2 guards are often undervalued on draft day.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just here to LOL @ the Boston Celtics. :L

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done

Id take either player too. Both fill a need in some respect. Butlers a 20 pt guy whos an elite defender. He fits what Stevens wants.
Then again, cousins...come on.
You cant have Cousins!!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins and the Kings both need fresh starts. Don't think he is the answer for the Celts either though. Cousins needs to play somewhere that has vets who he will respect and will help him mature. Don't see that in Boston or Sacramento.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're willing to trade Okafor then they have less value on him than we believe. Crowder has become a very valuable chip and teams have been after him since Boston got donged by the Hawks. Crowder is a keeper. Philly wants to clean up their front and getting the #3, #16 and #23 might be enough. Then again, Jordan Mickey and the #16 might be enough. Celtics have 4 players on the Maine Lobsters that they absolutely have to move up. Sullinger is gone. Kelly Olynyk will be on IR for the season next year. Crowder and Jerebko are keepers as is Thomas. Avery Bradley will be traded one way or the other. Stevens and Ainge know that they have to make a bunch of moves and get this team into the second round or beyond in 2016-17.

Okafor will cost no less than the #3 pick (I think it will cost more than that). There are reports that the Sixers are going to shop Okafor or Noel because Embid is healthy now. That means the Sixers have too many front court players and can afford to make a trade that will benefit them even further. I think the Sixers are going to want #3 and 13 this year and a number one next year. With the Celtics being a good team I am not sure how good they can expect a #1 next to be.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okafor will cost no less than the #3 pick (I think it will cost more than that). There are reports that the Sixers are going to shop Okafor or Noel because Embid is healthy now. That means the Sixers have too many front court players and can afford to make a trade that will benefit them even further. I think the Sixers are going to want #3 and 13 this year and a number one next year. With the Celtics being a good team I am not sure how good they can expect a #1 next to be.

Okafor is NOT worth the #3 this year and a first rounder next year. He's not Durant or Cousins. He doesn't the skill level to change a game.

Ainge is in Europe as I type and he's looking at Bender and a couple of other guys.

Ainge will NOT overpay for Okafor, neither will any other smart GM. The Sixers have painted themselves in a corner and everyone knows that they HAVE to deal somebody or some bodies. A fair deal would be the #3 and Avery Bradley for Okafor plus another player.

buster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sooner the Sixers get rid of Okafor, the better. He plays no D, and is one dimensional post player in a game where post players don't mean what they used to. The #3 pick would do it for me, anything else they could acquire would be icing on the cake.