• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Callahan

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo will help his friends, but he couldn't give a shit less about anyone else.

He is the guy who would drive right on by a little old lady trying to fix a flat tire on the side of the road.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why did he get angry when he ultimately got fired?
QUOTE]

Did you miss the very end of my 100% sarcastic comment? This part right here...:bullshit:. I was just joking around.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:
You're good. :rofl:

Thought ye might like that :dance:

It is the truth though. It came to me last night when I was listening to thee very wise Dave Ramsey talk about what a good person is. I thought about random people who have helped me or just smiled at me at the grocery store. You know, people who acknowledge that other people around them are really there.

And I realized that Bo is not a good person.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be the opposite of JJM.

I hated Bill Callahan from day 1 of summer training camp and all the stupid shit he did to "make the team in a new image."

Didn't Bill Callahan hire Kevin Cosgrove?
Didn't Bill Callahan do a throat slashing incident?

I liked the Bo Pelini hire because I knew defensive players on the 2003 team and they told me he was the best coach they had. They also told me the players wanted Bo Pelini as the coach. I liked his defensive mindset.

Somewhere, he lost his defensive attack mindset and became a patty cake coach. Then, the way he scorned and treated the fan base with pretty much outright hate after Carl left, it was obvious.

I will agree with JJM, Steve Pederson was an idiot. Callahan said he and Pederson talked almost daily about the football program. Pelini and Eichorst, not so much.

Right now, I am not impressed with the first coach that Eichorst has hired, when there were at least ten better choices out there with a proven winning track record and a proven recruiting record.

And the common link, Harvey Perlman hired Pederson and Eichorst. BTW, Eichorst is the fifth highest paid Athletic Director.

Perlman might be great on the academic side, but when it comes to sports, without the help of Tom Osborne, it looks like Perlman might be in way over his head.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callahan only did what Pederson told him to do.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to say that I do wish Bo the best and I hope that he learns how to be a better individual in general along the way.

He said it himself, all the money in the world isn't worth it if you're miserable. Bo will be miserable as long as he continues on with the personality that he has chosen.

He'll find his place in this world when he learns that the people around him matter, and not just his buddies.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I hope Bo doesn't embarrass any of his family in Youngstown, Pa through his words or actions going forward. I hope he learns to control his temper in dealing with officials in the game setting, and finally, he needs to refocus on how he uses that us against the world stuff with his new players.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love nothing more than to see Bo kick some ass and land a bigger job.

I want all coaches from NU to succeed. No matter what.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love nothing more than to see Riley come in here and kick some ass and our discussions be whether we will win the CCG this year or not.

I could care less what coaches at other schools do, regardless of if they coached at Nebraska once or not. They are history.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be the opposite of JJM.

I hated Bill Callahan from day 1 of summer training camp and all the stupid shit he did to "make the team in a new image."

Didn't Bill Callahan hire Kevin Cosgrove?
Didn't Bill Callahan do a throat slashing incident?

I liked the Bo Pelini hire because I knew defensive players on the 2003 team and they told me he was the best coach they had. They also told me the players wanted Bo Pelini as the coach. I liked his defensive mindset.

Somewhere, he lost his defensive attack mindset and became a patty cake coach. Then, the way he scorned and treated the fan base with pretty much outright hate after Carl left, it was obvious.

I will agree with JJM, Steve Pederson was an idiot. Callahan said he and Pederson talked almost daily about the football program. Pelini and Eichorst, not so much.

Right now, I am not impressed with the first coach that Eichorst has hired, when there were at least ten better choices out there with a proven winning track record and a proven recruiting record.

And the common link, Harvey Perlman hired Pederson and Eichorst. BTW, Eichorst is the fifth highest paid Athletic Director.

Perlman might be great on the academic side, but when it comes to sports, without the help of Tom Osborne, it looks like Perlman might be in way over his head.
-------
Most ADs would do what Eichorst did---when you're cleaning out the trash, you hire the opposite of what you had. Riley is the anit-Bo. Will it work? Who knows?

To me Callahan & Bo are pretty much on the same level. Both ended up doing significant damage to the program--just in different ways.

I will agree with you in that we could have hired 10 different coaches with a better "pedigree". But I think Bo had done so much damage here (even before the last tape came out), the knee jerk reaction was to go in a different direction. You can also look at it this way Riley could have probably retired at Oregon State. He apparently jumped at the chance at the age of 61? to come to Nebraska where every coach is STILL compared to TO. No matter how good or bad he is, that takes guts.

GBR

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-------
Not me, he did far to much damage to this program. In fact, I truly doubt that Bo CAN change--his ego is far too big. I give him 5 years at best at YOungstown before he gets shitcanned their as well.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love nothing more than to see Riley come in here and kick some ass and our discussions be whether we will win the CCG this year or not.

I could care less what coaches at other schools do, regardless of if they coached at Nebraska once or not. They are history.

Not me.

I'm a softy. Even the assholes in my life I want to see succeed.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've just never been the type of guy who can kick a guy to the curb and feel good about it.

I'll always be interested in seeing them get on their feet. The millions they made here doesn't matter. Enjoying life does.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not wishing anything bad on him. Just could care less what happens from here on out. Yesterday is gone. Today is our potential. Why care about what is gone?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect that. We're all gonna be different en sech.

All the people who were associated with anything I was associated with in life, I just tend stay associated with them. I'm odd like that.

I'm not a Cowboys fan and I'm glad Callahan isn't our coach anymore, but I do root for him. I always thought he was a good dude who was gonna find his place.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, if there is one ex-Husker that I give little shit about it's Pederson.

I still question whether or not he purposely drove the program into the ground. It seriously is that suspicious.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Callahan

Fuck Dallas

Fuck Texas