• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest Week 1 Surprises?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to anoint the Bills AFCE champs after one game, but I was most impressed with the total package...I want to say Watkins played, but I don't recall a catch so there is more in the arsenal.

If Rex can keep Tyrod Taylor in the 18-25 pass attempt range...this team can win 10 games...I don't see the DEF getting blown out of many games...Shady is a QBs best friend...you can hand it to him and get 4 or 5 or dump it off for 5 or 6....I have to assume Murray's workload does increase in PHI as the weather changes, but Shady could have a crazy season if he stays healthy.

Don't disagree with any of this. The biggest thing for the Bills is not to make the crazy mistakes that get them down early like turnovers or bad special teams. They have a defense that should keep things always close but as an offense I do question their ability to come back if down. Mostly haven't had the opportunity to see it so can't believe in it if I haven't seen it yet. And yeah one game does not make a season so right now that division is still New England's. I do think this year is one where they will definitely have to earn it a little more as the defenses in that division are ridiculous except of course that of New England but they look to have the best offense so we shall see.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't disagree with any of this. The biggest thing for the Bills is not to make the crazy mistakes that get them down early like turnovers or bad special teams. They have a defense that should keep things always close but as an offense I do question their ability to come back if down. Mostly haven't had the opportunity to see it so can't believe in it if I haven't seen it yet. And yeah one game does not make a season so right now that division is still New England's. I do think this year is one where they will definitely have to earn it a little more as the defenses in that division are ridiculous except of course that of New England but they look to have the best offense so we shall see.

After all of this love for the Bills, I'm taking them this week over NE...lol

Actually I did take them...home game after this good start, clearly they will be geeked for this game...I was not overly impressed with NE DEF in week one but per norm, when the dust settles I think NE will be on top barring a major injury.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for 25 minutes of game time my theory stands!!! What did Peyton say about idiot kickers...

they saved his ass on Sunday with only points on offense

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all of this love for the Bills, I'm taking them this week over NE...lol

Actually I did take them...home game after this good start, clearly they will be geeked for this game...I was not overly impressed with NE DEF in week one but per norm, when the dust settles I think NE will be on top barring a major injury.

I think having Dareus back will be huge in this one. The Steelers got very little pressure and only did really when they brought a blitz. This week pressure will come from all over the field and won't need the blitz to get it. I do wonder how much having 10 days to prepare for this one helps out though for New England. I haven't decided yet who I am taking.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having Dareus back will be huge in this one. The Steelers got very little pressure and only did really when they brought a blitz. This week pressure will come from all over the field and won't need the blitz to get it. I do wonder how much having 10 days to prepare for this one helps out though for New England. I haven't decided yet who I am taking.

Dareus...I thought about that, but I think they will need scoring moreso...I thought Watkins might be more effective. But I know the big fella is dying to get out there after getting the big deal and watching last week.

IDK at what point they call a blitz a blitz...if you have a 3 man DL and bring 4 is that a blitz? or 5 or more is considered a blitz...I didn't see Butler sending 5+ that often...maybe he should've...lol

Idk if the Bills can man up on the WRs but the recipe to beat NE is knock Brady around and bump n run coverage on the WRs with bump being critical.

I felt NE would split in DIV this year so I'm sticking with BUF in this one.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dareus...I thought about that, but I think they will need scoring moreso...I thought Watkins might be more effective. But I know the big fella is dying to get out there after getting the big deal and watching last week.

IDK at what point they call a blitz a blitz...if you have a 3 man DL and bring 4 is that a blitz? or 5 or more is considered a blitz...I didn't see Butler sending 5+ that often...maybe he should've...lol

Idk if the Bills can man up on the WRs but the recipe to beat NE is knock Brady around and bump n run coverage on the WRs with bump being critical.

I felt NE would split in DIV this year so I'm sticking with BUF in this one.

I think with Brady and Manning types it is about pressure up the middle. That is why Dareus being back to me makes a huge difference as he can push the pocket straight back or be the guy right in Brady's face. I don't think those young interior guys will be able to handle him.

I do agree that Buffalo's offense will have to get something going but to me I just don't believe in the NE defense. They lost too much in the off season. They were hoping the DL could make up for the loss in the secondary but I just haven't seen it at all so far and they lost one of their starters already on the inside for a while. I could see Taylor having a decent day.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit to the Bills, but I was surprised that Luck didn't have a good game coming off a 40 TD season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran's D for me. Granted I was flying most of Sunday so didn't get to see many games. But with the off season the Niners had that was a surprise last night.

Saw abou half of the Seattle game, was pleasently surprised by the Rams D. They were expected to be good but 6 sacks on Wilson that's stout. Seattle Offense didn't look good with the addition of Graham and Jackson. Need to give them another week. It was a division game on the road and they are tough on most teams, even the so called weak ACFE against the Pats.

Wish I saw the Buffalo game that sounded like a great game.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised how bad the Bills whooped up on the Colts...

Also, Hyde looks like he's the real deal... He looked very good...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised how bad the Bills whooped up on the Colts...

Also, Hyde looks like he's the real deal... He looked very good...
I'm not the least surprised about the Colts game.
Patriots exposed them last year and they went out of their way to avoid improving their team.
Pagano will be coaching the Jaguars or somebody next year......

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills Qb was the most surprising to me. Wasn't expecting that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Brady and Manning types it is about pressure up the middle. That is why Dareus being back to me makes a huge difference as he can push the pocket straight back or be the guy right in Brady's face. I don't think those young interior guys will be able to handle him.

I do agree that Buffalo's offense will have to get something going but to me I just don't believe in the NE defense. They lost too much in the off season. They were hoping the DL could make up for the loss in the secondary but I just haven't seen it at all so far and they lost one of their starters already on the inside for a while. I could see Taylor having a decent day.

NE OFC vs BUF DEF

NE does a great job at scheming...I look for a lot of 3 step drop type passes from 3 and 4 wide formations to spread them out and hopefully get LB on RB or slot mis-matches. If the line on rush attempts was 25 I would take under for NE.

If BUF tackles well I don't think the short passing game will be enough to beat them in BUF if they score at least 20 pts.

BUF OFC vs NE DEF

They have some pcs on the DL/LB, but the youngster is going to take a yr or so to be anywhere near the level that Wilfork played at even in decline. I think BUF will be able to run on them and that should set up some playaction for Taylor and as you said the secondary did have a major loss. Just have to finish plays and get 6 vs NE...kicking FGs and keeping it close favors Brady late.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After one week, I've also learned that...well, it was just one week, and a week does not make a season.

Let's see if the Bills can sustain their play over a full 16.

Let's see if Mariota doesn't tank when faced with another team that can score points and he has to keep up.

Let's see if Indy doesn't rebound because, well, Luck.

Let's see if P. Manning doesn't rebound because, well, P. Manning.