• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12 fans....need some help here

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some advice. Watch a game when UNC is suppose to be on defense, I guarantee you'll feel better about the defense LSU has. I usually just assume we're giving up a touchdown and hope the other team has an unforced turnover lol

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Oklahoma's defense looks solid this year and both them and Baylor look they can do some damage. You just have a hard time seeing past Texas' suckage.

OU has a great secondary. Not convinced their DL is anything but mediocre.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has a great secondary. Not convinced their DL is anything but mediocre.

It's not that deep, but they're playing a. 3-4 defense which seems to be working well. It's makes since given their depth at linebacker.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to have 3 of these laying around, not the pittsburgh version though, just plain ones. They help some.

41qeBBBiA7L._SS500_.jpg

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, your defensive stats tend to be inflated when you play 3 yards and a cloud of dust offenses every week for years. Aggy set the trend by raping the shit out of the SEC in their 1st year. Woke you boys up. On a serious note, it's tough to field a good defense when you face no huddle, spread offenses every week simply b/c you're facing more offensive plays. Look at Okie jr. They have an atrocious defense, but held Mrs State's primitive SEC offense to only 3 pts. Mrs State has scored 20, 51, and 61 since then. It's not that the defenses are bad in the Big 12, Big 12 defenses just face more offensive plays than any other conference every week just about.

Your offensive stats also tend to be inflated when you have to leave your starters in on O because you can't stop anybody with your D too...Johnny will rock the stats this year too, because he.. will never be out of the game. Their Defense is so bad that they will leave everybody but the shittiest teams in the game.

Since you went there....Look at Mississippi's primitive SEC Offense...they ass raped Texas for 449 yards and 44 points. Yet managed only 205 yards and 0 points against Alabama...

Spread Offenses work best against shittier teams...Alabama is the only elite defense that struggled with A&M last year, period...LSU and Florida both held them to half of their average....if either had any O to speak of they would have blown them off the map. By contrast look at 2011 Oklahoma State...there are no road block games because there are no elite defenses...period.

Spread offenses are like sports cars...they look good, are fun to drive and go really fast. But if you've got to do any heavy lifting they are about as useless as teats on a bull. A spread team will be even less likely to win a championship with a playoff...Do Oregon and Auburn survive TCU and Stanford in 2010 with a month to prepare?

You can talk all you want about A&M breaking all sorts of offensive records, but the bottom line is they finished 5th in the conference...so again, looks pretty, but what did they really accomplish?

SEC defenses are worse this year largely due to the draft and offensives are better, largely due to elite QB play...the gap between the SEC and Big 12 remains largely the same....due to the large number of elite offensive players in the Big 12 having left for the NFL...

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that the Big 12 doesn't have D. The SEC doesn't know how to play O. Hence, rookie coach and QB lighting that league up last year with a simple spread offense.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to have 3 of these laying around, not the pittsburgh version though, just plain ones. They help some.

41qeBBBiA7L._SS500_.jpg
back in the early 90's I had a roommate that would always yell at the TV almost every play HOLDING!!!! INTERFERENCE!!!! shit like that so I make him a yellow flag to throw at the tv instead and told him to STFU.

I ran into him a couple of years ago and he says he still throws the flag at the tv.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that the Big 12 doesn't have D. The SEC doesn't know how to play O. Hence, rookie coach and QB lighting that league up last year with a simple spread offense.

Err...I would be the last one to take up for eSECpn...but I think what Johnny Ratclaws brings to the table is slightly askew from a "simple spread offense". Especially with the receivers finding open space/coming back towards the line of scrimmage consistently.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the feedback. I'm putting together a plan for next Saturday.

:thumb:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the feedback. I'm putting together a plan for next Saturday.

:thumb:

I would suggest heavy drinking too. Dulls the pain. Also, I do a lot of pacing; From the den to the kitchen and back about 30-40 times a game. Occasionally I just go outside and walk around ranting at the ground en sech, so that I don't scream at the wife and kids.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't keep going down the heavy drinking path.

It took 4 Sobe LifeWaters and lots of Aspirin to make me feel normal by this afternoon.

:tsk:

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if your offense is good enough, you can just look at it as "at least the A team gets to come out" when the other team scores