• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12 fans....need some help here

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need some tips on how to watch your team play when they have no defense to speak of.

I'm not used to this and I'm afraid for my furniture if I don't make some changes.

Do you just walk away from the TV when your defense comes on the field, or are there some mental exercises that I can do to prevent rage when watching the ineptitude?

TIA

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol yeah the Big 12 defenses are much improved this year. Funny how things flipped flopped.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh..... lsu gave up more points yesterday than any Big 12 team did..... Just saying.

:doh:

Lol yeah the Big 12 defenses are much improved this year. Funny how things flipped flopped.

I know. It was atrocious. It prevented me from even enjoying the offense's success. I can't remember what I did in 2008 when we had two teams drop 50 on us that season. I think I just drank heavily. I don't think my liver will take that anymore. Maybe I need to take up Buddhism and do some kind of Zen chant when the defense is on the field.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. It was atrocious. It prevented me from even enjoying the offense's success. I can't remember what I did in 2008 when we had two teams drop 50 on us that season. I think I just drank heavily. I don't think my liver will take that anymore. Maybe I need to take up Buddhism and do some kind of Zen chant when the defense is on the field.

OU's defense the past few years has caused my liver to take a beating as well. Know how you feel.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh..... lsu gave up more points yesterday than any Big 12 team did..... Just saying.

Silly Rabbit...they gave up 40+ in a shootout featuring two great offenses. If the score was 9-6 it would have been an "EPIC defensive battle". Slap yourself back into reality...this is the SEC.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why he's asking. He doesn't know how to cope.

With more SEC teams opening the offenses up a bit, some...ok, MOST teams are having some difficulty in defending the spread-like attacks.

TB...if you sense a trend early, just walk out into the garage or onto the back porch anytime that the other team has the ball. Give someone else that is watching the game in your absence (if applicable) a keyword to shout out when LSU has the ball again. If you're not there to see it, it didn't happen...RIGHT? The numbers just magically appear in their pt column and you then need to cheer the offense on a little harder.

Good luck.:suds:

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turn my hat backwards when my team is on defense. Sometimes that helps.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the club.

Pretty soon even ALABAMA will be playing 45-38 games every week as well.

I fear that college football might be heading into some arena football type area.

It is all well and good now for fans, but the uptempo offenses might eventually do long term harm to the product.

It might get to a point where the nation turns to the BIG 10 for interesting football.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need some tips on how to watch your team play when they have no defense to speak of.

I'm not used to this and I'm afraid for my furniture if I don't make some changes.

Do you just walk away from the TV when your defense comes on the field, or are there some mental exercises that I can do to prevent rage when watching the ineptitude?

TIA

Well, your defensive stats tend to be inflated when you play 3 yards and a cloud of dust offenses every week for years. Aggy set the trend by raping the shit out of the SEC in their 1st year. Woke you boys up. On a serious note, it's tough to field a good defense when you face no huddle, spread offenses every week simply b/c you're facing more offensive plays. Look at Okie jr. They have an atrocious defense, but held Mrs State's primitive SEC offense to only 3 pts. Mrs State has scored 20, 51, and 61 since then. It's not that the defenses are bad in the Big 12, Big 12 defenses just face more offensive plays than any other conference every week just about.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, your defensive stats tend to be inflated when you play 3 yards and a cloud of dust offenses every week for years. Aggy set the trend by raping the shit out of the SEC in their 1st year. Woke you boys up. On a serious note, it's tough to field a good defense when you face no huddle, spread offenses every week simply b/c you're facing more offensive plays. Look at Okie jr. They have an atrocious defense, but held Mrs State's primitive SEC offense to only 3 pts. Mrs State has scored 20, 51, and 61 since then. It's not that the defenses are bad in the Big 12, Big 12 defenses just face more offensive plays than any other conference every week just about.

Big 12 defense are bad. Hell, the whole Big 12 is bad this yr. I think he biggest difference is the SEC is getting multiple. Lot of different offenses. Spread attacks and West Coast (Georgia) make it hard to prepare. Much easier when you get a month off, but when there is just a week to prepare it can be a bitch.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turn my hat backwards when my team is on defense. Sometimes that helps.

Fuck that, I just cover my eyes when our team is on defense b/c I know we're about to let the opposing QB set a rushing record for running the same play over and over again....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 defense are bad. Hell, the whole Big 12 is bad this yr. I think he biggest difference is the SEC is getting multiple. Lot of different offenses. Spread attacks and West Coast (Georgia) make it hard to prepare. Much easier when you get a month off, but when there is just a week to prepare it can be a bitch.

Absolutely, when you have well over a month to prepare, the defenses will always shine. Team SECers tend to point to the '08 title game between UF and OU and love to pimp out how that SEC D held OU 20 + pts below their scoring average. What they tend to miss and not point out is how OU's average defense held UF"s offense 20 + pts below their scoring average, too in that game. UF raped SEC defenses that year for 47ppg and over 450 yds of offense per game. That's what happens when you have over a month to prepare.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So far Oklahoma's defense looks solid this year and both them and Baylor look they can do some damage. You just have a hard time seeing past Texas' suckage.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made myself a brick out of styro foam. Now my tv isnt damaged and I am somewhat satisfied.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3: you think that was new to the SEC?

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't worry TB, we won a NC with no defense..........it can be done :D