• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big East Basketball Thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquette played an amazing first half. Then went into usual stupid mode. But pulled it out. Won it down the stretch without Henry(good prep for next year).

Wojo is a recruiting savage and probably close to getting Markus Howard but he needs to recruit some fucking BE bodied big men. Copeland and Derrickson owned us. You need guys like those in the BE.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquette played an amazing first half. Then went into usual stupid mode. But pulled it out. Won it down the stretch without Henry(good prep for next year).

Wojo is a recruiting savage and probably close to getting Markus Howard but he needs to recruit some fucking BE bodied big men. Copeland and Derrickson owned us. You need guys like those in the BE.

I watched this game.

Oh man, if only Ellenson would stay in school. If only there was a way... :hope:

Would be so big for the Big East.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched this game.

Oh man, if only Ellenson would stay in school. If only there was a way... :hope:

Would be so big for the Big East.

It sucks because he 100% needs to. But you can't pass up top 8 money, you just can't. Everyone else coming back plus Rowsey and Hauser and most likely Howard. Would be a hell of a squad.

Just gotta hope for a grad transfer PF or somehow Wojo lands Young or Fernando(massive long shot).

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks because he 100% needs to. But you can't pass up top 8 money, you just can't. Everyone else coming back plus Rowsey and Hauser and most likely Howard. Would be a hell of a squad.

Just gotta hope for a grad transfer PF or somehow Wojo lands Young or Fernando(massive long shot).

It's too bad. Kid could use another year in school. He didn't play that well against Villanova but his passing was really sharp tonight against a good long defense. He's just starting to put it together.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad. Kid could use another year in school. He didn't play that well against Villanova but his passing was really sharp tonight against a good long defense. He's just starting to put it together.

His defense is also awful. And his 3 pt shot looks good but doesn't go in and he floats out there rather than post up or hit mid range off screens where he's MONEY.

Kid is the best rebounder in the BE and his technical skills are actually bad lol.

He would be scary good as a soph. Maybe his love for his bro will trump all!!! Ha.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that was the best first half of the season by far. I loved how they passed the ball around and played tough defense. They protected the ball and made crisp passes allowing the shooters time to set themselves easily. Jujuan Johnson has been playing great along with Haanif Cheatham. Luke Fischer had a solid game. I was very impressed for most of the game, even the way they attacked the press. Marquette has really been involved in some incredible finishes lately. I'm tickled pink they finally found a way to win at the end. We shot 17-22 from the FT line too. Hope they can keep the momentum boing. Best game of the year by Traci Carter by far. He finally showed what he is capable of, it was great to see him come around. I'm seeing a lot of improvement in the last four or five weeks.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was the best first half of the season by far. I loved how they passed the ball around and played tough defense. They protected the ball and made crisp passes allowing the shooters time to set themselves easily. Jujuan Johnson has been playing great along with Haanif Cheatham. Luke Fischer had a solid game. I was very impressed for most of the game, even the way they attacked the press. Marquette has really been involved in some incredible finishes lately. I'm tickled pink they finally found a way to win at the end. We shot 17-22 from the FT line too. Hope they can keep the momentum boing. Best game of the year by Traci Carter by far. He finally showed what he is capable of, it was great to see him come around. I'm seeing a lot of improvement in the last four or five weeks.

What JJJ has done has been truly remarkable. I was always far more into his corner then most but the kid has totally bought in and is a stud. And I still think Wojo doesn't always use him right. He should be our main ball handler with Carter. He's the best at playing in control. He knows when to pass, he's virtually unstoppable on the drive either finishing at the rim or dumping off to the open man. I'm THRILLEd to see his senior year.

Carter has tons of promise. Great passer already. His shooting sucks so far but unlike Derrick Wilson teams have to respect it because he will shoot if left open.

There is a lot to love but we need a PF some way somehow

Im hoping for the biggest longshot of all time. Blossomgame from Clemson. I think there is a solid chance he grad transfers.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What JJJ has done has been truly remarkable. I was always far more into his corner then most but the kid has totally bought in and is a stud. And I still think Wojo doesn't always use him right. He should be our main ball handler with Carter. He's the best at playing in control. He knows when to pass, he's virtually unstoppable on the drive either finishing at the rim or dumping off to the open man. I'm THRILLEd to see his senior year.

Carter has tons of promise. Great passer already. His shooting sucks so far but unlike Derrick Wilson teams have to respect it because he will shoot if left open.

There is a lot to love but we need a PF some way somehow

Im hoping for the biggest longshot of all time. Blossomgame from Clemson. I think there is a solid chance he grad transfers.
the one player I have been disappointed in is Sandy Cohen. He comes from Seymour Wisconsin which is just twelve minute drive from where I live. He just appears to me to be so tentative, and he's simply not developed into what I thought he could. He must have had some off the court issues lately but to be quite honest I don't think he's contributed that much. I'm hoping that changes.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one player I have been disappointed in is Sandy Cohen. He comes from Seymour Wisconsin which is just twelve minute drive from where I live. He just appears to me to be so tentative, and he's simply not developed into what I thought he could. He must have had some off the court issues lately but to be quite honest I don't think he's contributed that much. I'm hoping that changes.

Sandy is kinda the opposite of JJJ.

Sandy naturally does everything solid but nothing at a BE level so come BE play he just gets swallowed up. I think a transfers is very possible.

Where as JJJ is one where you see the natural talent but it just all had to finally click. And it has.

Hopefully Sandy can develop into a key upperclassman role player

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler gonna break 100 today without a sweat

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had 7 TOs in the first like 5 minutes so I'm not gonna blame the refs.

But this is one of the most embarrassing 1 sided officiated games I've ever seen.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a lock to be a 5 bid league. Providence plays Butler in Round 1 of the BET, so neither will have another bad loss.

Big East has to show up this year in the tourney or endure the inferiority chants from pompous Pac 12 fans for another year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a lock to be a 5 bid league. Providence plays Butler in Round 1 of the BET, so neither will have another bad loss.

Big East has to show up this year in the tourney or endure the inferiority chants from pompous Pac 12 fans for another year.

Definitely root Butler. If they lose they could be a play in ish team. I think Providence is solidly in.

I think the BE teams are set up pretty nicely to have good March success. Hopefully they don't disappoint.

Then hope Marquette runs the table!!! Let's get 6 in!!! Lol.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquette gets a commit from USC transfer Katin Reinhradt.

If Ellenson can be convinced to stay, look out.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquette gets a commit from USC transfer Katin Reinhradt.

If Ellenson can be convinced to stay, look out.

He's already gone. Last week it was official.

As jon rothstein said "small ball is coming to Milwaukee". We got 2 centers and 11 guards lol.

Someone is transferring though. Still got Kalif Young taking an official. Just hope it isn't Duane or JJJ that leaves

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already gone. Last week it was official.

As jon rothstein said "small ball is coming to Milwaukee". We got 2 centers and 11 guards lol.

Someone is transferring though. Still got Kalif Young taking an official. Just hope it isn't Duane or JJJ that leaves

Marquette is looking good.

That 4 star guard Howard from AZ is also very talented and should make an instant impact. Reinhradt I'm familiar with from Pac play and he's a great role player… you guys return 4/5 of your top scorers too, right?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquette is looking good.

That 4 star guard Howard from AZ is also very talented and should make an instant impact. Reinhradt I'm familiar with from Pac play and he's a great role player… you guys return 4/5 of your top scorers too, right?

All we lose is Ellenson lol. So technically scorers 2-10 are all back ha(I imagine someone leaves hopefully Wally as we add a PF).

Gonna be interesting. No size at all, 11 guys for 160 minutes. Can Wojo kee everyone happy?

But outside of rebounding our weakness was inexpierienced at PG and blah shooting. We've no got 8 capable 3 pt shooters and PG options with Carter now experienced and Rowsey, Howard and even Reinhardt joining.

Not a lot of studs(cheatam and maybe JJJ) but foul trouble won't result in huge drop offs. Time for Wojo to prove he isn't just a badass recruiter and he can actually coach. I'm still pessimistic but talent is there.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected with 2 PFs coming to visit next weekend and no schollies available, someone was gonna be gone. It's Ellenson #2. Gonna just do track.

I think it's Kalif Young we end up with. But might be LG Gill.

Young is the long term answer. Gill helps next year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kris Jenkins officially withdraws from the NBA Draft and returns to Nova. All Nova is waiting on is Josh Hart to make his decision. He comes back and Nova is a serious threat to go back to back. If he does come back, I think they may be even more talented next year.