• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Moving on Up

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit I was drinking the PAC 12 Kool aid but let's face facts:

-Oregon proved tonight they aren't the team we thought
-Stanford hasn't looked great
-USC let's just say BC and leave it at that
-UCLA with a healthy Hundley might be the best team

I gave props to the ACC for FSU, Clemson and the new power house Duke but let's face it none of those teams have looked good in any game.

Very impressed right now with Oklahoma and Baylor (can you believe how far BU Hans come?) and I would rank them as the second best conference in the country. Hell it's not out of the question that we could see two SEC and two Big 12 teams in the playoff.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs are going to end up in massive fail with this line of thinking.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs are going to end up in massive fail with this line of thinking.

Because the B1G sucks? Notre Dame and FSU may sneak in but they will get pounded by who they play.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries Turkey, ESPIN will be talking up your narrative tomorrow morning I'm sure.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see it.

Baylor and OU have really average OOC schedules.

I doubt either one gets in with a loss and no way both get in together.

The Big 12 has way too many landmines.

Teams like OSU, TCU, Texas, K-State, WVU, and Tech are all capable of playing above themselves and saddling OU or Baylor with a loss.

I think Baylor is the likely odd man out. Oklahoma seems to have a much safer position.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see it.

Baylor and OU have really average OOC schedules.

I doubt either one gets in with a loss and no way both get in together.

The Big 12 has way too many landmines.

Teams like OSU, TCU, Texas, K-State, WVU, and Tech are all capable of playing above themselves and saddling OU or Baylor with a loss.

I think Baylor is the likely odd man out. Oklahoma seems to have a much safer position.
Everyone might have a loss before this season is over.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll take all you fuckers on...one at a time...line forms here. :boxing:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 is stout.

Oklahoma and Baylor are legit top 10 teams. Okie State, TCU, and Kansas State are legit ranked teams. Then you have teams like WVU and Texas who can lose to or beat anybody.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 is stout.

Oklahoma and Baylor are legit top 10 teams. Okie State, TCU, and Kansas State are legit ranked teams. Then you have teams like WVU and Texas who can lose to or beat anybody.

Somebody has been watching the Matthew McConaughey video over and over and is believing in himself.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone might have a loss before this season is over.

There might be ONE team in all of D-1-A that goes undefeated this year. I doubt there'll be two or three. Too many of the remaining undefeateds play each other and most of them appear to be pretty evenly matched.

The best candidate right now is, unfortunately, Notre Dame. If they beat Stanford and come away without a lot of key injuries, they're going to pound FSU in two weeks. Nobody else on their schedule strikes much fear; although Southern Cal is a big rivalry and you never know what's going to happen.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody has been watching the Matthew McConaughey video over and over and is believing in himself.

No, not at all. I said we can also "lose" to anybody. But I promise you, there is not a single Big 12 team, especially as we move forward in the season - who thinks Texas will be a push over win. We will get better each week. I fully expect us to have 5 losses by season's end.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be ONE team in all of D-1-A that goes undefeated this year. I doubt there'll be two or three. Too many of the remaining undefeateds play each other and most of them appear to be pretty evenly matched.

The best candidate right now is, unfortunately, Notre Dame. If they beat Stanford and come away without a lot of key injuries, they're going to pound FSU in two weeks. Nobody else on their schedule strikes much fear; although Southern Cal is a big rivalry and you never know what's going to happen.

The teams I see having a great shot at being undefeated are:

1. Oklahoma - If they beat Baylor they should run the table.
2. Baylor - If they beat Oklahoma they should run the table.
3. FSU - If they beat ND they should run the table.

I don't really see anyone coming out of the SEC West unscathed and Missouri is going to drop a game in the East it will happen. Notre Dame still plays Stanford, FSU and USC so they have several opportunities to drop a game but they avoid Michigan State this year which works in their favor.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 is stout.

WVU might beat everyone but OU.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor is actually pretty good this year. They have a pretty stout DL, but somebody is going to light that secondary up and cause a loss. Their defense is all about attacking. They will overwhelm teams that can not handle them. If your OL can handle the blitzes and the DL, than you will have a lot of big open shot down the field.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams I see having a great shot at being undefeated are:

1. Oklahoma - If they beat Baylor they should run the table.
2. Baylor - If they beat Oklahoma they should run the table.
3. FSU - If they beat ND they should run the table.

I don't really see anyone coming out of the SEC West unscathed and Missouri is going to drop a game in the East it will happen. Notre Dame still plays Stanford, FSU and USC so they have several opportunities to drop a game but they avoid Michigan State this year which works in their favor.

Baylor's got to learn how to play better on the road against the better teams. starting tomorrow at Texas. Yeah, they might be down, decimated, etc., but this is exactly the kind of opponent they get tripped up over when they travel.

Then they have to go to Morgantown and Norman.

FSU has ND, Louisville, Virginia, and Miami. They're going to drop at least one of those games. Maybe that Thursday game in L'ville?