• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Basketball Thread

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no way that OU was going to win in the protection palace but after beating Kansas at home this team has lost all confidence and quit.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a question. Which is more impressive? UCONN womens undefeated streak they had, or Kansas' current conference title streak?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a question. Which is more impressive? UCONN womens undefeated streak they had, or Kansas' current conference title streak?
UCONN pretty much gets by far the best recruiting classes for women. It's basically like if Duke,Kentucky and Zona combined recruiting classes and that's their class every year. So Kansas is more impressive.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kansas has shared the title 4 times during that streak.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one of those teams were better than KU during that stretch?

Lol really? You tie and you still think you won by yourself. And how about Blake's SO year where KU won the league by one game when two of their losses were aided by him being injured. Including not playing the game at all against KU after getting hurt shortly into the previous game against Texas.

At least all of OU's football titles are legit and won on the field.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol really? You tie and you still think you won by yourself. And how about Blake's SO year where KU won the league by one game when two of their losses were aided by him being injured. Including not playing the game at all against KU after getting hurt shortly into the previous game against Texas.

Cry more, man.

There’s a reason this doesn’t get brought up- KSU got beat 3 different times, and KU won the conference tournament the two times they shared with Texas.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In his defense, in 3 of the 4 years KU didn't win the league outright, they won the Big 12 tournament. The lone year they didn't win the conference tournament the team they shared it with, also lost in the semi's.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense, in 3 of the 4 years KU didn't win the league outright, they won the Big 12 tournament. The lone year they didn't win the conference tournament the team they shared it with, also lost in the semi's.

The Big 12 tourney is played in KC and 90% KU fans. Slight advantage. I wish the Big 12 football title was played in OKC every year.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a weird opinion on the matter but if I was a KU fan, I'd want another team to win the Big 12.

Duke is the best program in CBB and they are nowhere near 14 titles in a row.

Part of that is because the ACC is so strong. Don't get me wrong. The Big 12 is a great, great conference but it's strength is that it is even and doesn't have weak teams.

It's kind of the same with the Big East. I want another team to win the Big East and make the Final 4 because it will lend legitimacy to the conference moving forward. But part of that is just because it's a new conference.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a weird opinion on the matter but if I was a KU fan, I'd want another team to win the Big 12.

Duke is the best program in CBB and they are nowhere near 14 titles in a row.

Part of that is because the ACC is so strong. Don't get me wrong. The Big 12 is a great, great conference but it's strength is that it is even and doesn't have weak teams.

It's kind of the same with the Big East. I want another team to win the Big East and make the Final 4 because it will lend legitimacy to the conference moving forward. But part of that is just because it's a new conference.
I've watched a lot of Big 12 games this year and they "bumfuzzle" the hell out of me. (That may be a hick term that is hard for some to understand.)

I think you are correct that the league's strength is that it is even and no weak teams. I heard Self say the league really doesn't have a "bottom" this year. But, I'm not too sure it really has a "top" this year either. Some are talking 7-8 teams into the playoffs. I can't see that many. While Kansas, Tech and WVU are mentally tough and gritty, I don't see that trait in K-State, OU, Texas, Baylor and TCU. But, if I were a CBB coach I'd also dread playing those five on a day they have their shit together.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched a lot of Big 12 games this year and they "bumfuzzle" the hell out of me. (That may be a hick term that is hard for some to understand.)

I think you are correct that the league's strength is that it is even and no weak teams. I heard Self say the league really doesn't have a "bottom" this year. But, I'm not too sure it really has a "top" this year either. Some are talking 7-8 teams into the playoffs. I can't see that many. While Kansas, Tech and WVU are mentally tough and gritty, I don't see that trait in K-State, OU, Texas, Baylor and TCU. But, if I were a CBB coach I'd also dread playing those five on a day they have their shit together.

Texas, Oklahoma, and Ok St and WVU have had periods where they look like they're going to step up.

One of them just really needs to step up and win the Big 12.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas, Oklahoma, and Ok St and WVU have had periods where they look like they're going to step up.

One of them just really needs to step up and win the Big 12.
Texas, OU and WVU have no reason not to be up at the top of the Big 12 every year IMHO. None, zip, nada.

Okie Lite has the old traditon but they have a hard time recruiting. Tech seems to have a good coach but recruiting to Lubbock is REAL difficult.

TCU seems to be recruiting very well now that Dixon is there. They may step up in future years. But they still aren't deep enough to get through the grind IMO.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut says let it ride for another year or two but Is Smart gonna be at Texas much longer Texas guys?
Whats the story in Austin? Gotta admit I’m a little suprised that he has struggled this much at this point.

TrevorClark98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor losing yesterday was like an early X-mas present. That would be X-mas of 2022. Hard to believe they are still #1 in KenPom, but that will change.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All aboard the Texas Tech bandwagon. Their coach recruited Jae Crowder--that is all the reason I need.