• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BETTER NOT TRADE WALKER or MILLER

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO to David Price. Want to trade Walker in a package for Stanton? Fine. Not for Price!!! I also don't want them to trade Brad Miller.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I don't see the point in trading Walker for 2 years of Price at all. I'd also rather trade Franklin than Miller.

Kemp, Napoli, Choo, or Hart. Get an outfield bat to compliment our infield bat.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Walker is a HUGE mistake. Please don't trade Walker. In my opinion he is the only prospect that should be untouchable.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker should be untouchable. The team's obviously taking a win now approach, but Walker should be up this year and next year his stuff could be as nasty as Price. for a fraction of the cost. I think Price is great and is a legit Cy Young award candidate every year but we're not going to re-sign him and he's expensive to begin with. We don't need more pitching anyway. The best thing to have done was not trade Fister.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not trade Walker.

I would consider trading Paxton though.

I say try to go the free agent route to fill the pitching slot, Price I believe is expected to get $13m through arbitration so the payroll hit of trading for Price would be comparable to signing a free agent. I would rather keep Walker and Paxton than trade for Price.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not shed any tears if we traded for Price though. Just don't give up Walker. He should be almost untouchable. Both Walker and Paxton have extremely high value IMO because they both have great potential and are major league ready.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not shed any tears if we traded for Price though. Just don't give up Walker. He should be almost untouchable. Both Walker and Paxton have extremely high value IMO because they both have great potential and are major league ready.
I doubt trading for Price is possible without Walker. That's what MLBTR reports too. In that case I can live without David Price.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you all agree. The ONLY way I trade Walker to the Rays is for Wil Meyers straight up lol and that sure as hell isn't happening. The next moves they should make are to sign Colon and start talking to KC about Franklin for Butler and if that doesn't go well then scoop up Corey Hart. They should try and get Beltran now too.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the deals I would do next. Send franklin Paxton seager and another lower level prospect for price and then send maurer to the cubs for Dan Voglebach. With the cano signing you shoul be able to sign price long term. D.J. Petersen has clearly been fast tracked and should be able to at the very least be what seager was/is. And voglebach has far and away the highest power ceiling in the minors And should be also able to hit for a solid average as well. You could probably throw in Ackley into the price deal as well and maybe be able to also pick up hak ju lee as well as insurance against miller either regressing or never being able to play a major league caliber ss.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could pull those deals off we would have one of the best rotations in baseball that is at least 4 deep with top of the rotation arms, and a very strong hitting infield. Somehow throw in a choo signing and we just might be able to compete with the big boys for quite sometime

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the deals I would do next. Send franklin Paxton seager and another lower level prospect for price and then send maurer to the cubs for Dan Voglebach. With the cano signing you shoul be able to sign price long term. D.J. Petersen has clearly been fast tracked and should be able to at the very least be what seager was/is. And voglebach has far and away the highest power ceiling in the minors And should be also able to hit for a solid average as well. You could probably throw in Ackley into the price deal as well and maybe be able to also pick up hak ju lee as well as insurance against miller either regressing or never being able to play a major league caliber ss.

I'd rather send Walker away than Seager to tell you the truth. We need offense and Seager has proven he's one of the better offensive 3rd basemen in baseball and he's still cheap. Walker hasn't done anything on this level yet. Moving Seager would be counter-productive. Seager's one of the most underrated players in baseball.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you just go back and look at the past does Tampa ever lose a trade? I mean seriously they seem to always get the better end of a trade.
If they were able to get Will Meyers last year for two years of Shields, you gotta figure they will get more then that for Price. I figure unless we are giving up Walker that trade isnt happening which Im ok with.
Im not sure how this organization views Walker though. Maybe like Franklin, they tried to trade him last year and could do it again.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier on the other site, Walker only should go in a Price deal if Myers is included. Otherwise, why trade the possible next price plus more for the current price and two years? Makes no sense. I am happy with Cano, but Jack has to realize that getting big names isn't the goal. The goal should be to add talent to what we currently have and Walker is apart of that current talent.

Franklin is obviously expendable now unless he can play SS full-time then you deal Miller (which I would rather not do). Like others have mentioned, why not just sign a free agent arm instead? I say go get Colon for a two year deal which would save them a few million and top prospects. Then add a Garza, Tanaka, or Jimenez to finish off the rotation. Then add Hart and Choo, and trade Franklin/Ackley and Paxton for another OF bat.

It's just that easy. :lol:

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you just go back and look at the past does Tampa ever lose a trade? I mean seriously they seem to always get the better end of a trade.
If they were able to get Will Meyers last year for two years of Shields, you gotta figure they will get more then that for Price. I figure unless we are giving up Walker that trade isnt happening which Im ok with.
Im not sure how this organization views Walker though. Maybe like Franklin, they tried to trade him last year and could do it again.

I'm not sure either but I think Jack Z prioritizes Left-Handed pitching. He's traded for Cliff Lee, Charlie Furbush, Lucas French, Mauricio Robles, Aaron Laffey and Garrett Olson. He's paid Joe Saunders 6.5M and he drafted Danny Hultzen #2 overall when there were players thought to be better on the board.

In case anyone didn't already know. David Price is a LHP

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin is obviously expendable now unless he can play SS full-time

I really dont think its reasonable to expect that. It seems that his move to 2nd in the 1st place was because he didnt have the defense to play SS. He wasn't even that great at 2nd so I dont see any way he goes back to SS. Like I said in another thread I was about 80% sure he would be traded before this offseason started and now Im about 98% sure he's traded. I think the bigger question is does Ackley have a role with this team. I suppose he could be your super utility guy ala Ben Zobrist playing 1B, 2B and OF. I just hope we arent relying on him to start in the OF.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not trade Walker.

I would consider trading Paxton though.

I say try to go the free agent route to fill the pitching slot, Price I believe is expected to get $13m through arbitration so the payroll hit of trading for Price would be comparable to signing a free agent. I would rather keep Walker and Paxton than trade for Price.

I think that is the consensus, as stupid of trades as Jack has made, that would take the cake. Having another ace while great on paper is not the biggest weakness on the team. They need bats even with Cano, I'd hate to lose Walker in any deal but dealing Walker for just a pitcher should lead to an automatic firing of Jack.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 WAR:

Price 4.4
Colon 3.9
Jimenez 3.2
Garza 2.2
------------
Felix 6.0
Kuma 4.2

Just add Colon and Jimenez like I mentioned above and keep your prospects for other deals. Just not Miller or Walker.

Last edited by a moderator:

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 WAR:

Price 4.4
Colon 3.9
Jimenez 3.2
Garza 2.2
------------
Felix 6.0
Kuma 4.2

Just add Colon and Jimenez like I mentioned above and keep your prospects for other deals. Just not Miller or Walker.

Agree with you. I don't think the value we would get out of Price for 2 seasons will match what we could get out of Walker for 6 seasons or longer (assuming we don't trade him before FA)

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as soon as you guys got Robby, trading Walker became a foregone conclusion. He's as good as gone. You don't go out and get a guy like Cano and stand pat, you step on the gas.

Newsflash kids, you have a 5-6 year window to win the World Series or this was all for naught.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as soon as you guys got Robby, trading Walker became a foregone conclusion. He's as good as gone. You don't go out and get a guy like Cano and stand pat, you step on the gas.

Newsflash kids, you have a 5-6 year window to win the World Series or this was all for naught.
Why do you think Walker is our only trade chip? The only thing close to certainty in the trade sense is that one of Ackley/Franklin/Miller is gone with the addition of Cano, taking up 2B.