• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Call Saul

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, not sure if you guys remember/realized Nacho was actually referenced in BB.

It totally fucking hit me that when Saul is first introduced and kidnapped by Walt/Jesse he starts pleading "it wasn't me was Ignacio!!!".

So Nacho may still be in the game as BB timeline hits.
No shit!?!

I remember him telling them to put a dollar in his pocket. But I didn't remember him saying the Ignacio deal. He should have been in BB if that's the same Nacho. But I like the idea of him living thru BCS to BB and beyond....

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit!?!

I remember him telling them to put a dollar in his pocket. But I didn't remember him saying the Ignacio deal. He should have been in BB if that's the same Nacho. But I like the idea of him living thru BCS to BB and beyond....

Yup. I saw the episode about a month back so it was fresh in my mind and it finally hit me. It's while his head is still covered. Like right when they drag him into desert.

Nacho really intrigues me with his calm sociopathic nature. Loving knowing now that him and Saul may keep as associates.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great show, wonderfully written, and I eat he'd he whole first season in two days.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Saul in Breaking Bad, and this show is partly about Jimmy's transformation into Saul Goodman. But damn, it's tough (in a good way) watching Jimmy get fucked over like this, which is leading to his transformation. We know the end result, but the drama of getting there is just as heavy.

Also, this is an odd show because it's a comedy drama, but I get the feeling it's going to somehow end in mass deaths and/or tragedy. Like, how the heck is Saul hiding right under the nose of Jimmy's life? Probably a ways off from finding out about that.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the first episode this weekend on Netflix. Never watched Breaking Bad.

I feel like I'm missing something, do I need to watch Breaking Bad, or does this show stand on its own?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the first episode this weekend on Netflix. Never watched Breaking Bad.

I feel like I'm missing something, do I need to watch Breaking Bad, or does this show stand on its own?
Would be like eating popcorn without salt. It still works, but you are missing a lot of flavor.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard for me to tell you, as I was a Breaking Bad junkie. I think it does, but I already know who some of the characters are, and this is basically giving some of the back story as to how they became the people they are in Breaking Bad.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As the other guys have said....it's not needed but it's strongly recommended.

Not only is Breaking Bad fantastic but it makes enjoying Saul even easier as you catch all the tie ins, the references and speculate on how things from BB that we know happen will play out/be reached through this show.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge BB fan... But I only got about 5 episodes into BCS before calling it quits. I think I'd rather watch grass grow.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true that BCS moves at a slower pace but with the inclusion of Mike, who's nearly just as important as Saul to this series, it's not like it's completely devoid of any of the BB underworld elements. It was a deliberate move on the part of Vince Gilligan to make something a bit different and I think he and his team have done a superb job at accomplishing what they set out to do so far.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, Walter White is supposed to be an enigma. If everyone is as bat shit insane as he is then it lessens him as a character as well as the story told in Breaking Bad.

I personally don't mind the pacing in Better Call Saul at all, it gives me time to absorb more of the scenery, and the scenery of this universe is quite good.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge BB fan... But I only got about 5 episodes into BCS before calling it quits. I think I'd rather watch grass grow.

If that's the case. You quit an episode early.

#6 is all about Mike and if you don't find that episode amazing, you cannot be saved.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case. You quit an episode early.

#6 is all about Mike and if you don't find that episode amazing, you cannot be saved.
I think I watched that one. Where it explains how he took out those dirty cops? And he hires Saul or McGill, whatever he goes by.

Yea... can't be saved then

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show is legitimately one of the best on TV right now.

Gilligan has totally cemented his spot at the top of the TV hill right now.