• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best team in NFC?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of my hopes and expectations have already been surpassed for this season. Crash couldn't be too bad unless it is because of a career ending injury.

Well that's one way to set yourself up for the disappointment of being the best first half team and not win it all. It's almost like you've seen the Cowboys in December before.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep....any week now.

what's killing you guys is smash mouth football still has NFL value and thus far, Dallas pretty much is having their way. Surely this nightmare can't continue.
If Dallas finds a smash DT soon, other teams will hate playing them. Team is young and has the making of possible greatness.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's one way to set yourself up for the disappointment of being the best first half team and not win it all. It's almost like you've seen the Cowboys in December before.

Actually I've seen the Cowboys win in January. So I'm good.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dallas finds a smash DT soon, other teams will hate playing them. Team is young and has the making of possible greatness.

This will be the 3rd year I've been advocating spending money or a high pick on a big fatty to sit at NT. Whomever is the biggest and strongest guy, draft him and teach him to eat up two OL blocks. Sean Lee will thank Jerry.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
December is important but January and February are more so, of course Eagles fans wouldn't know about that. We can play this game 5 tomes and you wont come out on top.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's either Dallas or Seattle for sure, but who's the best *right now* doesn't matter a whole lot. One injury to the wrong player can derail a season. This usually ends up being about QB play, defense, and health. Good race to the #1 seed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect the hell out of Dallas, loved Dak from Day one, and always felt Zeke was the best player by a mile in the draft

But a 100% healthy Seattle roster, including mostly Wilson, just may be the best team in football

Of course that doesn't mean we will ever see a 100% healthy roster
I tend to agree with this. I also know that the best team doesn't always win in the NFL. I'd be fine with beating them in the playoffs if it happened and everyone saying they were still the better team and we got lucky...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with this. I also know that the best team doesn't always win in the NFL. I'd be fine with beating them in the playoffs if it happened and everyone saying they were still the better team and we got lucky...

Stephen A can say anything he wants, as long as it's because Dallas is winning.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys look great.

If I were to have one major concern as a Cowboy fan it is how well does Elliot hold up to the workload he is handling. He has a heavy workload for a seasoned vet. It is an even bigger workload for a rookie accustomed to seasons that are 3/4 the length of the NFL and far less physical.
I never bought that line of thinking as much as some, but they should be a little careful in some games. He is 21 years old and 225 lbs. He should be able to run through walls at his age. Also, I've never got too worried about something like 2 more carries per game. He is averaging 22 carries per game and 2 catches per game. He has only had 30 carries once. Morris is a fine backup and more help is on the way. If Dallas keeps playing at this pace Elliott won't play week 17. That would leave him at 330 carries and 30 catches at this pace. Is that a big deal? Murray had 450 touches in 2014. Almost 100 more.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never bought that line of thinking as much as some, but they should be a little careful in some games. He is 21 years old and 225 lbs. He should be able to run through walls at his age. Also, I've never got too worried about something like 2 more carries per game. He is averaging 22 carries per game and 2 catches per game. He has only had 30 carries once. Morris is a fine backup and more help is on the way. If Dallas keeps playing at this pace Elliott won't play week 17. That would leave him at 330 carries and 30 catches at this pace. Is that a big deal? Murray had 450 touches in 2014. Almost 100 more.

Its a very unique situation because we are talking about an Offensive Line for the ages.....Louis Riddick had a great point this morning.....Once Dallas starts facing teams that quit, eliminated from playoff contention, they will want no part of being beat up by that Oline, so running for Zeke may actually become less physical as the season goes on

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a very unique situation because we are talking about an Offensive Line for the ages.....Louis Riddick had a great point this morning.....Once Dallas starts facing teams that quit, eliminated from playoff contention, they will want no part of being beat up by that Oline, so running for Zeke may actually become less physical as the season goes on

I think maybe the Vikings and maybe the Bucs are the only teams that we could face that are eliminated when we play them.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think maybe the Vikings and maybe the Bucs are the only teams that we could face that are eliminated when we play them.

I didn't even look, just sounded pretty logical when i heard it

I don't think you would even need the Buccs to quit, just show up

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Last night they made a point of sitting Zeke on a series and letting Morris carry the load. That is going to have to be what happens more and more. He needs to aim for 20 carries a game, and a few targets since he is in there taking hits while blocking.

They have done that with Morris pretty much every game. Whole series off.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

History suggests that rookies fade at the end of the season. The NFL is far more physical and rookies have to play 25% more football than in college.

The good news for the Cowboys is their schedule is pretty easy to finish out the season and they could lock up a 1st round by early and rest of Elliot.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History suggests that rookies fade at the end of the season. The NFL is far more physical and rookies have to play 25% more football than in college.

The good news for the Cowboys is their schedule is pretty easy to finish out the season and they could lock up a 1st round by early and rest of Elliot.
I disagree. I think by the nature of being a rookie, all rookies have a very small sample size and I think they regress towards the average when they get off to a hot start like Elliott has. I think this is seen as "fading" by many. I bet most backs that have 1,000 yards in their first 9 games on average tail off. Just like rookies who are good players and start slow pick it up and just like good NFL players in general that start slow pick it up and the ones that start hot tend to "fade at the end". When you take the first 8 games worth of stats and double it, you usually don't see the same numbers as the actual final stat line. Again, the guy is 21 and weighs 225lbs. IMO He should be able to carry the ball all day long if asked.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

perhaps but not likely at all

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6 of Dallas remaining opponents currently have winning records.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've been saying weekly this Division has been a toss up. After this weekend Dallas is still # 1. You are what your record says you are. Seattle has inched closer though at the #2. After that it's a crap shoot.