• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best team in NFC?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big of you to admit your opinion is stupid, but I'm not trying to change it. Be a waste of time since your goal isn't to be factual but simply trying to :boink:
Dispute anything I've said with facts. 5 great game run last year. This year 5 TDs and an INT he's basically a Matt Scaub at this point. See my other posts, when healthy top 10 or higher but this year no way.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute, I thought arguing using STATS! was futile.

Well unless you do it.

5 TD's and a pick! 5 TD's and ONE PICK!!!! 1 PICK!!!!!

Heh.
So you agree? Finally! The Hawks are winning despite him. Pocket passers actually throw TDs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute, I thought arguing using STATS! was futile.

Well unless you do it.

5 TD's and a pick! 5 TD's and ONE PICK!!!! 1 PICK!!!!!

Heh.

I don't think the issue with Wilson is that he has a 5/1 touchdown to interception ratio. It is more you have players already at this point in the season with triple the touchdown passes. That 5 touchdown passes stat puts him at 29th in the league. You couple that with the huge drop in offensive production by the entire team and it is a unit that is really struggling. Now I know Wilson is doing all he can considering the OL that he has, the lack of a running game, and that he is hurt, but you kind of expect a bit more production from your franchise QB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dispute anything I've said with facts. 5 great game run last year. This year 5 TDs and an INT he's basically a Matt Scaub at this point. See my other posts, when healthy top 10 or higher but this year no way.

Yes when healthy is a great QB, glad you agree. Kind of hard to be good when your racked with injuries, that goes for any player. RW isn't going to be healthy for some time, maybe not this season IDK, he'll struggle, but that to be expected. Got to love his grit.:nod:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you kind of expect a bit more production from your franchise QB.

Not when he's racked with injuries and playing behind that line and not getting the run production from the RB position. All things considered he's doing pretty good to survive thus far.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes when healthy is a great QB, glad you agree. Kind of hard to be good when your racked with injuries, that goes for any player. RW isn't going to be healthy for some time, maybe not this season IDK, he'll struggle, but that to be expected. Got to love his grit.:nod:

That you do. When we are talking best team in the NFC though and at least as an outside observer I see Wilson playing maybe at 70% of his usual ability I question how far they can go as a team without him fully healthy. I love the defense, I love the coaching staff, and I think they will win a lot of games this year, but when they actually face a high quality opponent in the playoffs I'm just not sure I see them advancing.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree? Finally! The Hawks are winning despite him. Pocket passers actually throw TDs.

So stats are okay now? I just want to get the rules down. Please advise.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when he's racked with injuries and playing behind that line and not getting the run production from the RB position. All things considered he's doing pretty good to survive thus far.

I get that. Again this is about who is the best team in the NFC and I just can't list Seattle at the top because that offense is so terrible right now. They have moments every now and then but for the most part a limited Wilson and limited offense put them down on my list.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know Wilson is doing all he can considering the OL that he has, the lack of a running game, and that he is hurt,

Get that context the fuck outta' here. NW is peddling a narrative here, and we can't have any CONTEXT getting in the fucking way!!!!

(apologies for using your quite reasonable post as ammunition in my pissing match with short attention boy over there)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That you do. When we are talking best team in the NFC though and at least as an outside observer I see Wilson playing maybe at 70% of his usual ability I question how far they can go as a team without him fully healthy. I love the defense, I love the coaching staff, and I think they will win a lot of games this year, but when they actually face a high quality opponent in the playoffs I'm just not sure I see them advancing.

Eminently reasonable. Which is why the Seattle boards are full of people fighting over panicking and overpaying for Joe Thomas or cutting assistant coaches immediately.

We're all homering out despite all that angst though. :)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. Again this is about who is the best team in the NFC and I just can't list Seattle at the top because that offense is so terrible right now. They have moments every now and then but for the most part a limited Wilson and limited offense put them down on my list.

I can agree that they aren't the best team in the NFC at this point. Feel their best football will happen later in the season, health being the big factor. So being in first place in the division with a 2 game cushion is great and bodes well for the season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree that they aren't the best team in the NFC at this point. Feel their best football will happen later in the season, health being the big factor. So being in first place in the division with a 2 game cushion is great and bodes well for the season.

The Seahawks are definitely in a very good position. The health of Wilson going forward is my biggest concern. The fact that he keeps playing with these injuries while impressive also doesn't allow for them to fully heal up. That MCL Sprain especially is the one I worry about the most as that is supposed to depending on the severity be a 3-4 week healing process. Throw in then other parts of the body start compensating for the lack of strength/usage of those body parts which then puts more strain on them. I just think with a 2 game lead is there a point where you sit Wilson sacrificing the short term success for the long term?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are definitely in a very good position. The health of Wilson going forward is my biggest concern. The fact that he keeps playing with these injuries while impressive also doesn't allow for them to fully heal up. That MCL Sprain especially is the one I worry about the most as that is supposed to depending on the severity be a 3-4 week healing process. Throw in then other parts of the body start compensating for the lack of strength/usage of those body parts which then puts more strain on them. I just think with a 2 game lead is there a point where you sit Wilson sacrificing the short term success for the long term?

Agree. Maybe if/ when the lead gets to 4 games they sit him for a bit, maybe... however they do want HFA in the playoffs so maybe not. It's a risk, but you play to win so......

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been around long enough to know that this literally could go on forever:yes:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His grit may be his demise? Look back as far as you want on my posts with regard to RW. I've always said he was a quality QB. But I would never call him a pocket passer even though he's had some occassional success from the pocket. He's a great scrambling QB. That's not an insult. It is what it is especially very few ever thought he'd be a starter coming out of college.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been around long enough to know that this literally could go on forever:yes:

Barring NW moving out of the NW, it probably will.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are those stats or statements I made? You should concentrate on learning football. I know it's new to you that's why I take it easy on you.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Maybe if/ when the lead gets to 4 games they sit him for a bit, maybe... however they do want HFA in the playoffs so maybe not. It's a risk, but you play to win so......

Yeah that is a tough balance to find. If you wait hoping to get HFA and then don't get it then the season could be done. Or if you wait hoping to get HFA you risk further more serious injury to Wilson. Still always nice to get the homefield especially with that crowd in Seattle and would be nice to get the rest of the players a break considering the early Bye Week. Don't know what the right answer is but that is why others get paid millions to make them.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring NW moving out of the NW, it probably will.
Not really. You're blind homerism and football knowledge circa 2012 are starting to bore me. I get it. Hawks are the greates thing since slice bread, RW is the butter on the bread. JS and PC can do no wrong. Injuries are only a valid excuse for Hawk fans. Does that about cover it?