• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best team in NFC?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well your full of shit.:nod:
Quality retort. I'll take it you're admitting defeat? He sure looks like a pocket passer this year 5 TDs and a pick:rolleyes2: color me impressed. I'll have to change the way I and the majority of the free world define a pocket passer.
Congrats you alone are changing the world one stupid opinion at a time:thumb:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's shown this year to be a good pocket passer since he's hobbled, but I think most Hawks fan know he creates outside the pocket.
Hobbled he's still faster than Brady or Manning ever were. 5TDs and a pick thru 6 games doesn't prove your statement to me and others.
I guess @HaroldSeattle isn't considered a Hawk fan:nono:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is nuts. The man deserves a lot of credit for giving his all for his team to win. You have to worry though about long-term effects of these decisions and the fact that the injuries continue to snowball a bit. Usually when one part of the body is hurt the body compensates by other parts having to work harder which means they are more susceptible to injury the longer that remains. Might be a good idea to pick a week though and just decide he is going to sit out and let his body heal up a bit. Won't get him back to 100% but might limit how much more damage can be done.
This could really hurt the Hawks chances come playoff time? Seattle already had their bye. So no rest until 2nd round of playoffs assuming they make it and don't have to play a wild card game. Combining his injury the potential rookie LT having to start, an already bad O line they need to rest him a couple weeks and see if they can weather the storm?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about every serious pundit and literally all of my sources/contacts are saying that the COwboys are #1 rated NFC team.

Gonna be a good game and another big test for the Cowboys. Hope they notch another quality win over another highly ranked team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is still the best team IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys going into the season were supposed to be SB contenders. Now I am still not completely sold on them just yet but offensively they seem to be unstoppable. Defensively I think they are suspect but they are IMO the #2 team in the NFC.
:eek:
Come on,,,Where the heck did you pull that bull shit from? I could only imagine if someone started a thread here with that title the amount of shit they would have taken. Take it a step forward after Romo went down and many had us with a top 3 pick in next years draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man everything broke right for Dallas yesterday Vikings go down, Seattle ties, Atlanta goes down.
Everything broke right? Giants win a close one and Philly also wins. If Washington didn't choke it away it would have been a HORRIBLE day. NFC East is still what matters and it's still a toss up, not this meaningless topic

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles were never expected to figure in this equation before the season started. For them to even be in this discussion is a plus it means they are moving in the right direction. Yes a lot of us were drinking the Eagles Kool-Aid after the first 3 weeks. We have come back to reality but still happy about the progress of the team so far.

The fact that anyone would even suggest the Redskins belong in this discussion is laughable. I am sorry but the Skins are not even playoff contenders IMO. I am not sure where you get they are a complete team. Above average on defense? Before the Eagles padded their stats they were one of the worst defenses in the NFL, really bad against the run. After that game they still are ranked 22nd on defense that is not above average. I doubt they will be 6-2 before they face the Vikes. I actually think the Lions are going to beat them. They will more than likely get their asses handed to them by the Vikings. Looking at the schedule it is not crazy to suggest they could lose their next 4 games. I actually think they are going to lose 3 out of 4. They will beat the Bengals. Hell....I think they are going to go 1-5 over their next 6 games and come back to reality. They will lose to the Lions, Vikings, Cowboys, Packers and Cardinals.

They Vikings may be all defense but they are efficient on offense. They do put up 24 points a game. They don't get a lot of yards because they don't need to. They win the field position battle and do not have to have long drives.

The Cowboys going into the season were supposed to be SB contenders. Now I am still not completely sold on them just yet but offensively they seem to be unstoppable. Defensively I think they are suspect but they are IMO the #2 team in the NFC.

The Falcons may be all offense but they have a defense comparable to the Skins. The difference is the Skins suck at the run the Falcons suck against the pass. So if I had to choose against the two it is easily Falcons over Skins.

I would take the Seahawks over every team in the NFC except the Vikings and Cowboys. I could throw the Falcons in there considering they may have got robbed but that is open to interpretation.
LMAO you kidding me no Cowboys fan I knew even had an inkling of Superbowl contender we had possible playoff contenders attitude. Even now I am hesitant to call them a superbowl contending team. Please show me andy refutable source that had the cowboys as Superbowl contenders before the season.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything broke right? Giants win a close one and Philly also wins. If Washington didn't choke it away it would have been a HORRIBLE day. NFC East is still what matters and it's still a toss up, not this meaningless topic
Meh It broke right in regards to teams we have no control over losing if we take care of business against the Eagles we have a nice lead in the division.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's a come from behind win, but yeah, better temper that one until we see something more impressive.
LOL...Or anything I can come up with to disparage Dallas...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought Minny offense was exposed as the popgun offense it really is last week. It puts no fear in anybody.

And a couple of years ago Dallas went into Seattle and beat them pretty good. I think they are better now and Seattle is not nearly as good as they were then.
Totally agree on Minnesota. I don't really go by record, especially over a short period. I just don't think Minnesota is a very good team.:2cents:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at how important that game obviously was to you.
that game was friggin huge to Dallas. HUGE. They beat the piss out of Seattle that day and it gave them the confidence that they could play with anyone, anywhere and that their run game was match-up proof. Even more important was how they physically dominated the game. This was a Dallas team that had been known as one of the softest teams in the league for years that would find ways to lose at the end of each game imposing their will on what was universally seen as by far the toughest, most arrogant, most physical team in the league and even moreso in their own house. Dallas basically told Seattle what play they were going to run and still ran on them. There is no chance any Dallas team of the last few years prior could have done that. This didn't mean they were a better team than Seattle then or now and yes it was a little bit of a bigger game for Dallas in retrospect than it was Seattle, but it was a big statement game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Or anything I can come up with to disparage Dallas...

Really?...no dog in that fight and no axe to grind...just calling like I see it, but at the same time I wouldn't expect you to like it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the article says he may be hurt all season if he cant get time off to heal up

Russell Wilson's injuries are even worse than we thought

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/r...are-even-worse-than-we-thought-225949193.html

Give Wilson a ton of credit for playing through injuries. The Seahawks made a big gamble in the offseason, and ended up with perhaps the worst backup quarterback situation in recent memory. Their backup was undrafted rookie Trevone Boykin. They were going through preseason with Boykin and Jake Heaps, two quarterbacks who had never even completed a pass in an NFL preseason game. You have to make budget decisions when you have a lot of stars taking up big chunks of the salary cap, and the Seahawks went as cheap as they could at quarterback after Wilson. So Wilson knew he couldn’t miss any time, and he did what he had to do to play each week. Boykin is now the only other quarterback currently on the active roster. Fellow undrafted rookie Joel Stave is on the practice squad.

But in playing through a high ankle sprain and a sprained MCL, injuries that generally take weeks to recover, Wilson might have ensured that he won’t be healthy all year. I’m not sure a doctor would recommend playing NFL football every seven days to heal a sprained knee ligament.

“I’ve had a pretty relatively serious injury with my knee,” Wilson said. “They told me I wasn’t supposed to play for four weeks, maybe longer. You just overcome it. I’d be lying to you if I said my mobility was 100 percent but I feel really good right now.”

Dealing with a pectoral injury as a quarterback doesn’t seem ideal either. Wilson said he couldn’t remember when he suffered it in last Sunday’s game, but he continued to play through it. He has been limited in practice. He said he doesn’t foresee himself missing Sunday’s game.

“That’s not the plan,” Wilson said, according to the Seahawks’ transcripts. “You know me, I will do everything I can to be ready at the highest level.”

Wilson said the knee is feeling good and the ankle is better. But now he’s dealing with a pec injury and the cycle starts again.

And, unbelievably, the Seahawks’ bad offensive line situation is getting worse. George Fant, who played college basketball at Western Kentucky before going out for football last year and playing some special teams, is slated to start at left tackle this week. The last time he started a football game was in a pee-wee league according to The News Tribune.

“Very unusual transition that he’s made,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said, according The News Tribune.

You could say that.

That’s where we are with Wilson. He says the ankle is good now, the knee might be OK but the pectoral definitely isn’t. And a college basketball player who hasn’t started a football game since the pee-wee level will be protecting him at left tackle on Sunday against the New Orleans Saints. Meanwhile, Wilson probably can’t take any time off because Seattle’s only other two quarterbacks are undrafted rookies.

If Wilson makes it through the season without missing any games, nobody can accuse him of not earning his salary.
Wilson is just a gamer and a winner. That is why I am so happy that Dak reminds me of him in so many ways

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?...no dog in that fight and no axe to grind...just calling like I see it, but at the same time I wouldn't expect you to like it.
You hung your opinion of Dallas on a point that was proven wrong...so you changed it. It's not about me not liking it. I honestly don't care about your opinion of Dallas and know that many here post with their hatred of Dallas in general always in the back of their minds when posting their thoughts of this years team. I'm a Dallas fan and i see a flawed team that in no way appears to be the best team in the NFC at this time. If we don't improve our pass rush we are going to need a lot of luck to be able to stop 3 or 4 good teams in a row to win anything. Heck, I still think the division is a complete toss up and think Sunday night is barely more than 50/50 in Dallas' favor. So peddle that angle elsewhere...:suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hung your opinion of Dallas on a point that was proven wrong...so you changed it. It's not about me not liking it. I honestly don't care about your opinion of Dallas and know that many here post with their hatred of Dallas in general always in the back of their minds when posting their thoughts of this years team. I'm a Dallas fan and i see a flawed team that in no way appears to be the best team in the NFC at this time. If we don't improve our pass rush we are going to need a lot of luck to be able to stop 3 or 4 good teams in a row to win anything. Heck, I still think the division is a complete toss up and think Sunday night is barely more than 50/50 in Dallas' favor. So peddle that angle elsewhere...:suds:

Coming back and beating SF does prove that comment wrong, and I recognized that, but my opinion has not changed. As far as what you care about and don't...that's on you and I'll leave it at that.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans dont see it or wont admit it but much of this problem has to do with all the high salaries in certain positions limiting their ability to get quality players throughout the team instead of just on defense. They wont throw blame on Schneider for this problem at all. It is the O line coach who sucks is what I read.

I mean you think you could find a better left tackle to protect your $20 mil man than some guy who was a basketball player who has not played tackle since he was a kid

Or to have enough money budgeted for a reasonable 2cnd team QB so you can let your main guy rest a few weeks if he needs it

You have to wonder sometimes. Like with Cleveland trading their stud centre to Hot Lanta and then presumably putting their stud tackle Thomas on the trade block.

Then they plow though quarterbacks like they are disposable...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:eek:
Come on,,,Where the heck did you pull that bull shit from? I could only imagine if someone started a thread here with that title the amount of shit they would have taken. Take it a step forward after Romo went down and many had us with a top 3 pick in next years draft.

If they were healthy and at full strength on both sides of the ball they would have been in the SB mix.

Now they are anyway and as I've said before it is a pleasant surprise.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats you alone are changing the world one stupid opinion at a time

Big of you to admit your opinion is stupid, but I'm not trying to change it. Be a waste of time since your goal isn't to be factual but simply trying to :boink:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality retort. I'll take it you're admitting defeat? He sure looks like a pocket passer this year 5 TDs and a pick:rolleyes2: color me impressed. I'll have to change the way I and the majority of the free world define a pocket passer.
Congrats you alone are changing the world one stupid opinion at a time:thumb:

Wait a minute, I thought arguing using STATS! was futile.

Well unless you do it.

5 TD's and a pick! 5 TD's and ONE PICK!!!! 1 PICK!!!!!

Heh.