• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best pizza places

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Papa John's was awesome back when it first started and wasn't a national chain. That, or it had been so long since I had any other pizza it just felt that way.

When I joined the military I went to basic at Ft Knox and I had never heard of it. We had basic and ait together, and after about like 8 weeks of basic they started to allow us to order pizza, and Papa Johns was what they would order. It was by far better than the other pizza delivery places. I was eating that shit almost daily for the last month I was there.

And yet, I can not eat Papa John's today. I do not like it at all, it's not the same pizza and it's not very good IMO. Sucks.
People would order Papa John's in the dorms ('99) and I was amazed people paid money for it.

Easily the worst chain imo.

Their crust is awful.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like

-Marcos Pizza
-Mio's Pizza
-Godfather's Pizza
-Marion's Pizza
-Richard's Pizza

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough category...

Shouldn't we judge this on each different type of pizza based on were it's from??? How do you judge a NY pizza to a Chicago style pizza to a Detroit style pizza to a St. Louis style pizza... All are amazing in their own ways...:suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked back 5 pages and didn't see anything. Rank the top 5 pizza places in your home town (neighborhood, I guess, if you're in NYC or something).

Why? Why not. Also, because I need to get back to exploring different pizza places around. Trying to eat healthier is stupid.

1. Adriaticos
2. Paulie G's
3. Yellowbrick
4. Mikey's
5. Rubino's (figured I'd have to put one cracker crust on here)

Some of my selections are also nostalgia based.

Buford, Ga doesn't have a ton of a great pizza spots, but these are notable.

Luigi's Slice Of Italy
Antoneta's
Capreses
Sapranos

You can get a good pie, or slice at any of these spots...I've started doing my own pizzas on the primo...Sapranos or Capreses would be my go to spots...just closer.