• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best offseason?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which teams in each conference had the best and worst off-seasons so far? Most of the moves have been done, I doubt things will change much.

West:
Best: Spurs ( stood pat, everyone else got weaker)
Worst: Rockets ( lost parsons, Asik, Lin, draft picks and only picked up ariza)

East:
Best: Cavaliers ( need I say more?)
Worst: Pacers ( lost Stephenson, picked up nobody)

ChiTownCliff

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the East I think the Bulls and Raptors did pretty well for themselves. The Nets took a step back.

In the West I think the Mavs did well by resigning Dirk to a team-friendly contract. The Lakers losing Gasol and adding Boozer is not very pretty. At least Booz was on the cheap.

I would say the Cavs certainly had the best overall offseason, and if they land Love, it will be crazy good! The Rockets certainly had the worst offseason in my eyes.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The EAST crushed the west overall.

I am not sure any decent team in the West did anything other than normal draft picks and minor tweaks outside of maybe the Mavericks.

The WEST is still the better overall league by a decent margin, but this offseason will tilt the imbalance a little more back to even.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say the Wizards for best just because they've managed to actually make good moves for once. That's such a rarity for them. Thought for sure they'd pay Ariza some absurd number and screw themselves over.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure any decent team in the West did anything other than normal draft picks and minor tweaks outside of maybe the Mavericks.

The WEST is still the better overall league by a decent margin, but this offseason will tilt the imbalance a little more back to even.
Morrow, Kerr, Hawes, Carter, Ariza are all positive moves. Dallas is a big wildcard.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morrow, Kerr, Hawes, Carter, Ariza are all positive moves. Dallas is a big wildcard.

These moves are nothing special and one of them is a coaching move. The most significant impact move of this list is Hawes.

Morrow is a role player who will hit a few 3's a night.

Carter basically just replaced Miller in Memphis.

Ariza went to a team that lost 3 impact players in Parsons, Lin, and Asik.

Dallas is the only team that made major moves by acquiring Chandler & Parsons

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which teams in each conference had the best and worst off-seasons so far? Most of the moves have been done, I doubt things will change much.

West:
Best: Spurs ( stood pat, everyone else got weaker)
Worst: Rockets ( lost parsons, Asik, Lin, draft picks and only picked up ariza)

East:
Best: Cavaliers ( need I say more?)
Worst: Pacers ( lost Stephenson, picked up nobody)

I know it is not the best off-season by quite a margin, but the Pistons did okay for themselves. Finally, they got a respectable coach and GM and so far have managed to keep their talent, which should hopefully be able to perform to expectations under the new regime. They even added a tiny bit of the much needed outside shooting. Now, if anyone wants to include Smith as part of a deal..... How about we take Wiggins, send Bennett, Smith, and a first from Cle and Det for Love to Cleveland (in my dreams)?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offseason ain't over yet. Too early for this, but so far I like what Chicago has done and obviously Cleveland. The East got better... but still is the inferior conference by a wide margin.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cavs

2. Hornets

3. Spurs * bringing everyone back/drafting Anderson*

4. Bulls

5. Heat * best salvage job ever *

Indy and the Rox are the biggest losers.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cavs

2. Hornets

4. Bulls

It's been 4 long years listening to the Cleveland haters call it leaveland, mention the river burning, and tell me that nobody wants to come here. Add in the claims that Kyrie is going to run like heck from Cleveland as soon as he can. Where are those people now? There is nothing more satisfying that vindication.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been 4 long years listening to the Cleveland haters call it leaveland, mention the river burning, and tell me that nobody wants to come here. Add in the claims that Kyrie is going to run like heck from Cleveland as soon as he can. Where are those people now? There is nothing more satisfying that vindication.

They are hiding from Russ.

We were all wrong.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It won't be vindication until you can hang a banner.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be vindication until you can hang a banner.

Nah, the banner would be icing on the cake, but the cake taste real good!:lol:

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which WC teams project to regress? I only see Minny as a clear candidate and that's contingent on future transactions.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cavs

2. Hornets

4. Bulls

I disagree with this.

The Heat are a 4 seed with no realistic chance to win a title right now. They should have taken their medicine and gone full rebuild with 2016 free agency in mind. Now they will be good, but not great for the foreseeable future.