• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Best Off-Season Acquisition

Who was the best off-season acquisition

• Head Coach - Vic Fangio

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • QB - Joe Flacco

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • RT - Ja'Wuan James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CB/Safety - Kareem Jackson

• CB - Bryce Callahan

• TE - Noah Fant

• OL - Dalton Risner

• QB - Drew Lock

• DL - Dre'Mont Jones

• LB - Justin Hollins

• Other

• Total voters

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in the dead zone between mini camp and training camp. To help fill the void I thought maybe we could debate the best acquisition to the team.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta hope it’s Joe Flacco
The offense needs to get this team into playoff contention the D can take it from there.

Fangio can only do so much from the sideline.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Fangio - because he is re-creating this Bronco's team culture. Though a non-tangible as a value to Ws in the season the culture of the team dictates its ability to execute and obtain the force multiplier of productive teamwork.

I voted for Fangio because I believe he is on to how to make over a team's culture to a winning one. I make this prediction because in this short period of time - Fangio has the entire team's attention (and fascination).

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta hope it’s Joe Flacco
The offense needs to get this team into playoff contention the D can take it from there.

Fangio can only do so much from the sideline.

So would this team be as successful with keeping VJ and adding Flacco?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would this team be as successful with keeping VJ and adding Flacco?

If Joe Flacco fell in the forest does he make a sound?

IDK, I will say If Flacco plays poorly it will be easy to gauge Vic's impact of the team based on how much they improve in the W column. If Flacco plays well, and they win, who had the greater impact. Vic or Flacco. Would be hard to say. QB has a direct impact on every offensive play. Both coach and QB are judged on wins. The only two individuals they keep track of wins and loses on.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Vic, he’s an old school hard ass. And he’s my av

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Joe Flacco fell in the forest does he make a sound?

IDK, I will say If Flacco plays poorly it will be easy to gauge Vic's impact of the team based on how much they improve in the W column. If Flacco plays well, and they win, who had the greater impact. Vic or Flacco. Would be hard to say. QB has a direct impact on every offensive play. Both coach and QB are judged on wins. The only two individuals they keep track of wins and loses on.

To me there are really on 5 options that this could be:
Fangio
Flacco
James
Risner
Fant

Fangio has done a great job getting getting the players to buy in and there seems to be a sense of optimism and greater energy from the players. I think this is a direct effect of Fangio. Let's not sell short the great staff Fangio has put together.

Flacco is the easy option because of the effect the QB has on every offensive play. However Flacco is not the second coming of Peyton, but maybe an upgrade of Keenum (I feel the coaching staff really hurt his production last year). I am personally skeptical on Flacco.

James and Risner can be combined because if the running game and passing game are going to be effective these two will be key.

Fant should open things up for the WRs and help stretch the field. I should be way harder to double Sanders and Sutton and if they are doubled Fant should have a monster year.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco best off season acquisition? Lord, help us.

I vote Mike Munchak. I Belieeeeeve in him.

Plus, I want to have my own nomineee.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for The Godfather .. as Ming said, this is not simply replacing one position - Vic's hiring is the catalyst for an entire culture change ..

If Vance is still the HC and we sign Flacco, we'd be looking at the first pick next season, not simply because of Flacco, but because of the culture, the preparation, the vibe ...

By the end of the season last year, Vance was a defeated man

Hope by November, this poll question will be a very difficult one to answer and decide

Scangarello could be in the running too

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio feels like John Fox. He'll improve the team culture but does he have the chops to win a Super Bowl. Hasn't yet in his 40 years of coaching. Falcco has. Culture change can only take you so far
Need a QB to win

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other. OC Sacajawea.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda want to go Munchak. Our o-line needs to make some improvements big time, and hopefully Munch is the guy to do it.

I'd be very surprised if it turned out to be Flacco though. He is a mediocre QB that is at the hill if he isn't yet over it. I don't think Joe has anything left in the tank. Really wouldn't be surprised to see Lock commandeer the starting role by midseason, if not earlier. Hope I'm wrong, but I won't put much stock in Flacco.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good going with Fangio. I see his floor as John Fox and his ceiling as Gary Kubiak. Both guys got us to Superbowls in very different ways.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good going with Fangio. I see his floor as John Fox and his ceiling as Gary Kubiak. Both guys got us to Superbowls in very different ways.

It is only my hunch based on what he's accomplished as a DC and how he has gone about it - going by his personality and how other NFL people say about him - but I see Fangio winning a SB with a team that wins by defense .. or a team whose identity is defense ..

Kubiak handled a very tough season perfectly - with Manning's injuries and physical skills dwindling, Kubiak and Wade played that season perfectly .. but Kubiak's forte as an OC was not the thing that got the team over the hump ..

When I look back at that 2015 SB winning team, I don't feel that the team took on the identity of its HC ..

I think Fangio's personality will go a long ways in developing an identity for this team ... I just don't see a Fangio team winning like Brian Billick's Ravens did back in 2001 where they had an offensive mind as HC but won with defense .. same thing with the Broncos in 2015 ..

Even at 60 years old in his first HC gig, I think Fangio's ceiling is higher than Kubiak's ... I think The Godfather can win a Super Bowl with a team that plays his style and wins with his area of expertise

It's tough to compare anyone to Bill Belichick as far as HCing success, but I think Vic has the ability - both in terms of coaching chops and personality - to mold the team in his image -- like Belichick

Neither Fox nor Kubiak had that characteristic .....

I strayed a bit here as I know that you were probably talkin' floor with Fox as in getting to a SB and ceiling with Kubes as winning a SB .... I just see much more potential with Fangio because despite all the huge names involved in this organization - from Elway as the GM to Von Miller - Fangio is playing second fiddle to no one and he's gonna have this team playing with his personality

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also went Fangio. I believe the culture change, plus the new energy, and accountability will make this team be much improved.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is only my hunch based on what he's accomplished as a DC and how he has gone about it - going by his personality and how other NFL people say about him - but I see Fangio winning a SB with a team that wins by defense .. or a team whose identity is defense ..

Kubiak handled a very tough season perfectly - with Manning's injuries and physical skills dwindling, Kubiak and Wade played that season perfectly .. but Kubiak's forte as an OC was not the thing that got the team over the hump ..

When I look back at that 2015 SB winning team, I don't feel that the team took on the identity of its HC ..

I think Fangio's personality will go a long ways in developing an identity for this team ... I just don't see a Fangio team winning like Brian Billick's Ravens did back in 2001 where they had an offensive mind as HC but won with defense .. same thing with the Broncos in 2015 ..

Even at 60 years old in his first HC gig, I think Fangio's ceiling is higher than Kubiak's ... I think The Godfather can win a Super Bowl with a team that plays his style and wins with his area of expertise

It's tough to compare anyone to Bill Belichick as far as HCing success, but I think Vic has the ability - both in terms of coaching chops and personality - to mold the team in his image -- like Belichick

Neither Fox nor Kubiak had that characteristic .....

I strayed a bit here as I know that you were probably talkin' floor with Fox as in getting to a SB and ceiling with Kubes as winning a SB .... I just see much more potential with Fangio because despite all the huge names involved in this organization - from Elway as the GM to Von Miller - Fangio is playing second fiddle to no one and he's gonna have this team playing with his personality

Jeeeez, I can't believe I just realized this. You know who he reminds me of? Bill Parcells.