• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best of the Best: LB edition

Best LB to don the horns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the draft talk and my personal life problems has died down some, time to revisit this.

Deacon Jones head slapped his way to victory.

QB: Kurt Warner
RB: Eric Dickerson
WR: Isaac Bruce
OL: Jackie Slater

DE: Deacon Jones
DT: Merlin Olsen

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty close with Robertson and Fletcher, had to go with Fletch though. I thought of Greene as more of a lineman, you don't get that many sacks playing your typical linebacker spot!
Even though Maxie Baughan was only with the Rams for 5 years, I would still put him ahead of some on this list, He was pretty dam good!

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking up numbers and being a Hawks fan, I voted for Kevin Greene

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty close with Robertson and Fletcher, had to go with Fletch though. I thought of Greene as more of a lineman, you don't get that many sacks playing your typical linebacker spot!
Even though Maxie Baughan was only with the Rams for 5 years, I would still put him ahead of some on this list, He was pretty dam good!
Dude did have 160 sacks in 14 years!

Anyways it's funny that you say this, the one year the Rams moved him to the defensive line, his sacks and tackles fell off tremendously.

He went from having 16.5, 16.5 & 13 the previous three years to having 3 sacks the year they moved him to the DL then they moved him back to LB and he had 10, 12, & 14 the three years following.

Much of the same with the tackles.. 51, 64 & 61 the three years prior to having 50 tackles from the D line spot and then getting 87, 67, 53 the three years following.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can sort of see what you're saying, but Greene was most definitely an OLB and a damn good one at that!!! Fritz Shumur was a genius at moving guys around, switching up defensive formations, and disguising blitzes...

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can sort of see what you're saying, but Greene was most definitely an OLB and a damn good one at that!!! Fritz Shumur was a genius at moving guys around, switching up defensive formations, and disguising blitzes...

Ya I get that he was a linebacker, just seemed to me that he played that position on the line of scrimmage far more than your typical linebacke does. Also not saying he wasn't a stud, or not even the best we have had, I still think Fletcher pound for pound was a beast and obviously middle and outside linebackers are two totally different positions even though they are both linebackers?
As with all of these choices, I guess there is really no wrong pick, other than the Deacon:)