• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best M's board ever?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one has to be it for me.

I was never on CBS, but I was on ESPN a lot, and it was categorically horrible. The majority of guys on that board would get anybody who didn't smile and nod with every decision by Jack Z and Nintendo banned.

Even when we disagree on here, we don't get all shitty.

I think we have a really good core group on here, and it's way better than any other sports board I've been on.

What say you?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right. Lots of good back and forth and analyzing with legitimate thought put into posts. As cezero stated, this board is light years ahead of ESPN in terms of content quality and objective discussion

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowledgeable fans? Check
Different views that don't lead to WW3? Check
Varied topics keeping it interesting? Check
Constant participation? Check

So I say yes and by a long shot. I used CBS and enjoyed it, but a lot of the good people there came over here adding to the good people already here. I tried ESPN briefly and it was a bully session. Lost interesting right away. I use one on MLB.com from time to time and it falls short of this one w/o question. I also try one at SportsHoopla and that seems like it is run by 3 people who you better agree with or they will gang up which is why sometimes I go on there just to stir the glass so to speak.

So again, a resounding yes, yes, yes.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was never on CBS, but I was on ESPN a lot, and it was categorically horrible. The majority of guys on that board would get anybody who didn't smile and nod with every decision by Jack Z and Nintendo banned.

I think we have a really good core group on here, and it's way better than any other sports board I've been on.

What say you?
I was on CBS before the hoop. I enjoyed CBS but there were more people that were not regulars. I know a lot of the CBS guys made it to the hoop and it was nice to continue the community of Mariner fandom with them. It was also nice to grow the community with others that were not involved on the CBS board.
I love the hoop, I truly enjoy being able to have different opinions than others and not let the conversation get into a complete shit show.
I post mostly on the Mariners board but I do read a lot of the Seahawks stuff and the NFL/MLB general board stuff. Only thing I wish was more of a UNLV community cause I love talking UNLV hoops.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they still have that Larry Johnson kid? :)
LOL... Dude in '91 I think UNLV had 4 guys go in the top 30 of the draft. The glory days. Unfortunately I was a little too young to remember those guys playing live. Didn't become a Rebel for years later but the tradition of Runnin' Rebel basketball gets engraved in your brain from the first day you arrive on campus, to the point where you feel like you were at every game ever played in the T&M. It is cool having a couple of guys from the national championship team on the coaching staff. Sort of like having Edgar coaching i guess.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right. Lots of good back and forth and analyzing with legitimate thought put into posts. As cezero stated, this board is light years ahead of ESPN in terms of content quality and objective discussion

Not quite as robust as the ESPN forum though :pound:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... Dude in '91 I think UNLV had 4 guys go in the top 30 of the draft. The glory days. Unfortunately I was a little too young to remember those guys playing live. Didn't become a Rebel for years later but the tradition of Runnin' Rebel basketball gets engraved in your brain from the first day you arrive on campus, to the point where you feel like you were at every game ever played in the T&M. It is cool having a couple of guys from the national championship team on the coaching staff. Sort of like having Edgar coaching i guess.

I remember those days well. Johnson and Augmon and Anthony and Hunt torching Duke and the boys. I actually enjoyed that run. I even go back farther with Armen Gilliam in the mid-80's. And then later the J.R. Rider days. That takes me back.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember those days well. Johnson and Augmon and Anthony and Hunt torching Duke and the boys. I actually enjoyed that run. I even go back farther with Armen Gilliam in the mid-80's. And then later the J.R. Rider days. That takes me back.
Nice!!! Augmon is coaching now for the team. Those guys were rock stars in the LV area.

Fun little sidenote: First UNLV game I ever attended got to meet Greg Maddux. Apparently he goes to a lot of the games.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice!!! Augmon is coaching now for the team. Those guys were rock stars in the LV area.

Fun little sidenote: First UNLV game I ever attended got to meet Greg Maddux. Apparently he goes to a lot of the games.

That's right Maddux lives there doesn't he? I think he did at one point if not. Cool.

Augmon was 'Plastic Man' and an ex-Blazer along with Rider and I believe Gilliam if my memory still works.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right Maddux lives there doesn't he? I think he did at one point if not. Cool.

Augmon was 'Plastic Man' and an ex-Blazer along with Rider and I believe Gilliam if my memory still works.
Yeah both Greg and his brother went to high school in Vegas. I believe Greg lives in the area if not he spends a lot of time here.

Augmon was for sure a Blazer, so was Rider (I think) and Gilliam played a long time in the NBA couldn't name his teams though.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowledgeable fans? Check
Different views that don't lead to WW3? Check
Varied topics keeping it interesting? Check
Constant participation? Check

So I say yes and by a long shot. I used CBS and enjoyed it, but a lot of the good people there came over here adding to the good people already here. I tried ESPN briefly and it was a bully session. Lost interesting right away. I use one on MLB.com from time to time and it falls short of this one w/o question. I also try one at SportsHoopla and that seems like it is run by 3 people who you better agree with or they will gang up which is why sometimes I go on there just to stir the glass so to speak.

So again, a resounding yes, yes, yes.

Pretty much this for me

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah both Greg and his brother went to high school in Vegas. I believe Greg lives in the area if not he spends a lot of time here.

Augmon was for sure a Blazer, so was Rider (I think) and Gilliam played a long time in the NBA couldn't name his teams though.

Rider for sure played with Portland. Gilliam did not. I always thought he did for some reason. Old memory I guess. I think I confuse him with Mark Bryant (not sure if you are old enough to remember him) I think. Both had same build and same haircut.

upload_2015-12-21_13-24-16.jpeg
upload_2015-12-21_13-26-23.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-21_13-24-38.jpeg
    upload_2015-12-21_13-24-38.jpeg
    2.8 KB · Views: 6

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the only sports forum I go on, so I think its the best, the only problems ive had is that guy who think Kyle Seager is overrated.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rider for sure played with Portland. Gilliam did not. I always thought he did for some reason. Old memory I guess. I think I confuse him with Mark Bryant (not sure if you are old enough to remember him) I think. Both had same build and same haircut.

View attachment 67822
View attachment 67827

Yeah, thanks for scratching the UNLV hoops itch lol.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No site is perfect....SEE ABOVE.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What say you?

Every boards needs someone that stirs things up occasionally. Glad that guy ain't me.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came over from CBS, I would hang on the M's board there and towards the end I was mostly on Eagles board, Hoop offers a ton more topics, and yes there are the folks that get a little carried away on here, but over all its a great site....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a better more diverse board than CBS IMO, we never really had offseason talking, it's nice to have differing opinions without it getting personal