• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way Too Long Keeper Edition

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm done licking my wounds on a shitty ending to a weird season so I'll throw this out there in case anybody is bored. So I get to keep 1 player and said player will be kept in the round in which he was drafted last year with free agents that were not drafted being counted as a 19th (last) rounder and pick ups that were drafted can be kept in the round they were drafted in (if youse guise remember, that was a huge issue last year). Lastly, you can't keep yer 1st rounder or yer keeper from last years draft. I drafted CMac in the 1st and kept Henry fer a 3rd last year, so they are both unkeepable. I honestly have some damn good options IMO and of course we will have to see how things pan out fer some of them, but here is my list. Comment or rank them, but the list seems pretty long compared to the previous 5 seasons I've been in this league (yeah @averagejoe it's been that long).

1. Russel Wilson-2nd round-I list him just Because QB is so skewed in this league but I could probably just draft him if I want him. Better options. We do have to carry 3 QB though and that is something to keep in mind.
2. Robert Woods-5th round-Again, not sure this is a great value compared to the rest of what I had, but he had a pretty good year with Goff.............concerned Rams O-Line wont be able to keep Stafford upright either.
3. Colts D-9th round-So anybody reading this just puked in their mouth.......lol.....BUT the way this league scores, IF Rivers pulls off the upset of the Bills in the WC game, I go to the SB as that would have been a 12 point swing in my playoff game. I can explain if anybody wants to hear why this is not a bad choice......but not where I'm leaning. 2nd highest scoring D in this league.
4. Gus tBus-19th round-This is where it gets interesting. Yeah, he would need to land elsewhere but depending on where he could be great value as my last pick.
5. Damien Harris-19th round-NEP RB.................BUT if by some act of god he only had to fight with Michel or White for touches AND no Cam to deal with GL touches, he could have a great year.
6. Antonio Brown-19th round-If he stays with TB12 and that WR crew sticks together I probably pass. If he ends up the lead dog somewhere I feel he would be a no brainer and as I do not have to declare until 30 minutes before the draft, that gives him plenty of time to fuck up if that is what is gonna happen.
7. Taysom Hill-19th round-So, gun to head, this is where I'm leaning. Averaged right at 20 points per game in this league as the starter, which would put him right outside of the top 10. IF he was to win the starting gig I could see him having a pretty damn good season.

Well, there ya go..............lol.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rank

1. Robert woods- sure not great value but a 5th round wr who made the playoffs this season is not BAD VALUE.

2. Russell Wilson- sure a second is pricey. But the playoff rules makes a qb the most valuable position. Especially one that generally always makes the playoffs.

3. Antonio brown- with a 19th round pick he can only help.

4. Taysom hill- clearly he jumps to #1 if he becomes the starting qb. But he also is off my list if he is not a starting qb

5. Colts d- if you got to keep someone a top defense with your last pick is not the worst case scenario

6. Harris and the bus. I just don’t care about them. They would not be seriously thought upon.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you mentioned me, I suppose I should make a pre-comment.
As of today I like Woods the best. You need players that will be in the playoffs. If the Rams can get there with Goff, then they can get there with Stafford.
Colts D is interesting, but with Rivers gone, the Colts need another gunslinger. DST can be disappointing from year to year though.
With the exception of Wilson, I think you have to wait for the dominos to fall on the other players.
But like milk said (and yes, it looks like I am agreeing with him a second time), I like Hill if he ends up as their starter.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think you'll have to keep an eye on things. Both White and Michel are free agents, so if New England elects to let them both walk, then Harris could be a great option. Really not thrilled about any of the other ones, but it would be Robert Woods by default if you have to keep somebody. I really think Brees is coming back. 99% of the time if a decision hasn't been made by now, then he's not retiring which would make Hill a moot point. Wilson was great the first half of the year, but he was terrible the 2nd half. Not to mention he gets 4 games every year with the Rams and 49ers. I hate Antonio Brown, defenses very rarely back up a great season with another one, and Gus at best would be an early down back somewhere.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you've just got to wait and see how things play out. I have no faith in Hoodie RB's since he always find a way to mix it up to the point there is no clear starter. Even with that said, Harris in the 19th is easily the best value IMO. .....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been in a keeper league, so IDK if I should give my 2 cents, but I will anyway.

1) Wilson for second sounds a little stiff to me for a QB actually, Seahawks do usually make the playoffs though, so that's in his favor.
2) Woods for a 5th sounds OK, not great though.
3) Colts for a 9th hard pass on that one
4) Gus the bus for a 19th depends he signs with say the Seahawks ( be a good fit and cheap) and this would be a steal of a deal, signs with the Patriots then probably not.
5) Harris for 19th is really no risk per say but with BB RBC approach not really a prize either.
6) Brown for a 19th is also little risk and could have a big return. I won't do that myself, because I hate counting on walking time bombs.
7) Hill for a 19th is little risk with possible big return.

If it was me I take Hill I think. I like the low risk with possible big return. Even if Brees return I think Hill gets enough play to pay off the pick and if Brees retires well bingo.