• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best concert you ever seen

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the better ones. I don't remember dates for most of these.

Stones at RFK in 72. Stevie Wonder opened. I've seen them several times. That was their best show.
J Geils - early 70s a couple times
Springsteen several times - late 70s was my favorite
Patti Smith several times. She always puts on a great show
Alice Cooper - early 70s a couple times
Jerry Lee Lewis - early 70s I don't know how Chuck Berry followed him. The Killer was fantastic.
The Stooges - mid-2000s at Pine Knob
Elvis Costello and The Attractions - early 80s
REM & The Replacements early 80s at the Fox Theater

Biggest disappointments -

Van Morrison - he barely acknowledged the audience and played virtually none of his better known music

Led Zeppelin - At the Silverdome 77-ish. Maybe it was the acoustics or the fact I was very high but it just sucked.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1

Stones at RFK in 72. Stevie Wonder opened. I've seen them several times. That was their best show.
Jerry Lee Lewis - early 70s I don't know how Chuck Berry followed him. The Killer was fantastic.

Van Morrison - he barely acknowledged the audience and played virtually none of his better known music

Led Zeppelin - At the Silverdome 77-ish. Maybe it was the acoustics or the fact I was very high but it just sucked.

I would have liked to see J Geils.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No shit?! I saw Jerry Lee Lewis back in the 70's also. He did a Johnny Cash impression and song. He was pretty damn good. But the Rolling Stones had the best concert I've ever attended. Steve Miller Band was a great concert as well.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronnie James Dio & Twisted Sister, outside at Navy Island in St. Paul Minnesota back in 1984 was pretty awesome, me and three friends went, it was general admission so we took turns standing in line while the other three got high and played Frisbee. I remember it was hot as shit that day.

Sadly two of those friends who were brothers are no longer with us.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos and his band came back on stage WITH Clapton at the end, both bands playing the final encore...yeah that was awesome to see.

I can't remember what those 2 last combined band songs were tho...purple haze ya know.

Sounds like you did it proper haha. I've never experienced a concert high, because I don't care for the stuff, but alcohol is a different story!

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the seven ('80/'88/'96/'02/'04/'07/'11) times that I've seen Rush, I seen:

Aerosmith '78 & '79 (I didn't learn my lesson the 1st time!)
Supertramp '79 - Dead center of the 2nd row: Got the Sax player to wave at us!
Van Halen '80
Foriegner '81 - only played like 65 minutes: Should have done more.
The Firm '85 - LOVED seeing Jimmy Page do his guitar w/violin bow solo.
Emerson, Lake & Powell '86
Pink Floyd '87 - no Roger Waters, but still a great show IMO
Cheap Trick '96 - a free show as part of July 4th festival in downtown Indy
Sammy Hagar '04 - good show, & best crowd rapport of anyone I've ever seen in concert
Train '13 - finally got to see them live - decent show, just not especially outstanding
Kansas '13 - FINALLY got to see them live. Steve Walsh's voice has lost a bit, but still a great show.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the seven ('80/'88/'96/'02/'04/'07/'11) times that I've seen Rush, I seen:

Aerosmith '78 & '79 (I didn't learn my lesson the 1st time!)
Supertramp '79 - Dead center of the 2nd row: Got the Sax player to wave at us!
Van Halen '80
Foriegner '81 - only played like 65 minutes: Should have done more.
The Firm '85 - LOVED seeing Jimmy Page do his guitar w/violin bow solo.
Pink Floyd '87 - no Roger Waters, but still a great show IMO
Cheap Trick '96 - a free show as part of July 4th festival in downtown Indy
Sammy Hagar '04 - good show, & best crowd rapport of anyone I've ever seen in concert
Train '13 - finally got to see them live - decent show, just not especially outstanding
Kansas '13 - FINALLY got to see them live. Steve Walsh's voice has lost a bit, but still a great show.

Impressive, I believe the band I've seen most is Queensryche 9 times. Van Halen in 1980 must have been pretty cool.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of other memorable ones for me are Van Halen (with Sammy) at Rupp Arena in Lexington and Metallica at Starwood Ampitheater in Nashville. Also saw Metallica at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville but it was during their new-found eyeliner and crew cut phase and they played new shit and the acoustics were atrocious. Also saw ZZ Top and Skynyrd there one night and almost got into a fight with an old, drunk redneck who decided I was blocking his view. We were nose-to-nose til security descended on us.

I saw Metallica before their co-headline tour with Guns n Roses. No opening band that night.. just a little movie about the band before they took the stage.

Saw Van Halen during their Balance tour in 95 or so. Merriwether Post Pavillion, I believe. Good fun. The hot MILF I lived with at the time, she, her daughter and one of her friends all went. Smoked a little before I got there.. not a ton (always been a lightweight with regards to that) but it relaxed me and I had a good time.

Most memorable concert was seeing Page/Plant during their No Quarter tour at about the same time. Same hot 'roomie' in tow. She dressed up demure and sexy as all get out. It was great hearing new-world renditions of some of their songs, but the last 1/3 of the show was straight-up rocking renditions of their fan favorites. Great way to end the concert. Sex that night was memorable too. That concert is always going to hold an edge in 'all time faves' with me.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're one of the very very small handful of people I've ever encountered, IRL or not, to mention that incarnation of the band.

The hit they had that year 'Touch and Go' I remember loving as a teen. I had to go back and listen to some of their 70s proper ELP renditions as a result of that song. I wish I still had their Works live album (on cassette, hehe)... I thought 'Lucky Man' and 'Still you turn me on' were leaps-and-bounds better than their studio counterparts.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rush- Time Machine tour

[YOUTUBE]ukZA-QKNpAU[/YOUTUBE]

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Waters' The Wall on acid.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back over my list, I can't believe that I completely forgot about this one:

Styx '81. - Excellent show by a band that was 'at the top of it's game' at the time. :)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
others I didn't mention...

Ozzy
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Metallica (5 times) and before they started licking each others scrotums and calling it music.
Steve Miller
Jethro Tull
Suicidal Tendencies
Santana

Man..some fuzzy memories en sech