• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Berube

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Berube that nobody has addressed is his approach to the players. When he played, he led the league in penalty minutes. In fact, he set some records in that category yet he refuses to yell at players or shame them but gets their attention with an intense eye contact and direct conversation.

Several of the announcers along the way have mentioned that Berube could be quite fiery if he wanted to get in player's faces but chooses not to because Berube says it accomplishes little, is counterproductive, and does little to advance what he is trying to get done because players eventually tune him out.

So, several announcers agree that his style is quite interesting and it is obvious to some, that he has many of the player's respect because of it. Whether that translates into offense scoring and defensive prowess is open for debate.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we didn't get pushed around because of a lack of heavy weight though.. it was hard, physical forechecking that resulted in turnovers. when the forwards come back and support, and not every dman is left handed, the passes come out quicker and you can't be pushed around.

maybe you can remember something, but i cant remember the last time i noticed an opponent's heavyweight giving the flyers grief.

February 11th, 2013. Leafs used Orr and McLaren to intimidate the Flyers, who basically folded. That game sent the message to other teams in terms of how to play the Flyers thereafter. Holmgren finally saw enough and acquired Rosehill on 4/1. Flyers finished out April winning 6 of 7. It's not what Rosehill does, it's what he prevents. Yes, he's a lousy hockey player. Yes, I wish the Flyers had a true tough guy who could actually play a little bit, like Chicago's Brandon Bollig. Yes, Rosehill should see the press box more often than not, including (god willing) every game come playoff time. No, he's not a complete waste of a roster spot. Maybe 5-10 years from now, but the NHL still isn't there yet.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
February 11th, 2013. Leafs used Orr and McLaren to intimidate the Flyers, who basically folded. That game sent the message to other teams in terms of how to play the Flyers thereafter. Holmgren finally saw enough and acquired Rosehill on 4/1. Flyers finished out April winning 6 of 7. It's not what Rosehill does, it's what he prevents. Yes, he's a lousy hockey player. Yes, I wish the Flyers had a true tough guy who could actually play a little bit, like Chicago's Brandon Bollig. Yes, Rosehill should see the press box more often than not, including (god willing) every game come playoff time. No, he's not a complete waste of a roster spot. Maybe 5-10 years from now, but the NHL still isn't there yet.

oh wow you do actually have a game. i really wasn't prepared for that haha.

all i can say is orr and mclaren had a combined 5 hits and 14 minutes of ice time and were not mentioned in the flyers recap, aside from orr's goal. whether or not they did physically intimidate the flyers in that game, i guess i really can't say, i don't remember the game.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh wow you do actually have a game. i really wasn't prepared for that haha.

all i can say is orr and mclaren had a combined 5 hits and 14 minutes of ice time and were not mentioned in the flyers recap, aside from orr's goal. whether or not they did physically intimidate the flyers in that game, i guess i really can't say, i don't remember the game.

Haha yeah, I really do remember that game, even in my old age (ok, I had to look up the date but...). :whistle:

Anyway, whatever they do, hopefully the Flyers come back after the Olympic break playing as strong as they were before it!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha yeah, I really do remember that game, even in my old age (ok, I had to look up the date but...). :whistle:

Anyway, whatever they do, hopefully the Flyers come back after the Olympic break playing as strong as they were before it!

no kidding. i don't know if the olympics could've come at a worse time for the flyers. downie and lecavalier are probably the only 2 players that stand to benefit greatly from it. obviously the rest helps everyone, but i really liked the way everyone else was playing.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no kidding. i don't know if the olympics could've come at a worse time for the flyers. downie and lecavalier are probably the only 2 players that stand to benefit greatly from it. obviously the rest helps everyone, but i really liked the way everyone else was playing.

The rest will do fine for Mase who tweeked something against the Avs. If he plays like he did early on and as of late we will go far. :nod: