• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bernie On Bradford

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article was in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and written by Bernie Miklasz, whom most of us are familiar with. In addition to the other points made about Bradford that we've discussed ad nauseam on this site, he makes some very valid points that I've not even seen mentioned here before. An excellent read.

Bernie: Maybe Rams should draft a QB : Sports

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bernie is a hack of a writer. Yes, sometimes he stumbles on to valid points but, even a broken clock is right twice a day. I'm not a very big fan of his because he's all over the place. There are countless articles and shows he's done where he bashes fans for expressing the same exact points he's expressed in his article. I think he suffers from dementia

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for drafting a QB this year. But, not with a #2 overall selection that could be used to bolster the many actual weak spots left on the roster. Safety, corner, guard... hell...even a true #1 WR would be a better option (provided Watkins is actually that guy).

It's one of the cardinal rules of NFL drafting... You do NOT use a top 10 pick for "depth". Shame on Miklasz for not remembering (or, simply ignoring) that one. :nono:

The best point he made in this whole piece, was the comparison to the Philadelphia Eagles being prepared for Michael Vick going down, with the drafting of Nick Foles.... in the 3rd round.

And hey, I'm fully on board with that.:nod:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But Bradford was coming along nicely until having his knee shredded in the seventh game of this season" No he wasn't...
How can the Rams count on Bradford to lead them to consistent success when he has such an inconsistent record in being physically able to huddle up and play? Good question.

This guy is having an argument within himself. If the Rams don't pick up a Quarter Back to back up Bradford they will be very sorry by the end of next season...AGAIN! and so will we.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with jacob. Bernie's not only a hack, but a twinkie loving hack.

He has never laced up his shoes for a sport in his life. I have a hard time reading an article by an egomaniac that has never played anything besides tetherball.

Bernie loves to point the finger at Bradford Basher's and defends Sam 95% of the time, but will Bash Mike Matheny every chance he gets because Mike won't do his interviews. Either did Albert Pujols. So for personal reasons, an egomaniac writer backs a QB like Sam, but Bashes the Cards manager who's lead them DEEP into the post season 2 out of his first 2 years.

What I hate is him being biased. I hate anyone being biased really.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with jacob. Bernie's not only a hack, but a twinkie loving hack.

He has never laced up his shoes for a sport in his life. I have a hard time reading an article by an egomaniac that has never played anything besides tetherball.

He's a master at the skin flute........ Bernie--->:bj:<---Bradford

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he loves the Cards FO and owner. So much he didn't even write the truth on the whole story of ALbert Pujols contract offered by the Birds. It's redonk - Retro's favorite word.

This article isn't bad, but all he's doing is putting himself in position now to say that the Rams might want to consider a QB, just in case his boy Sam doesn't get it done.

One of the big reasons I didn't want Bradford was because of his durability. And the fact our O-line was awful at that point. Seemed ultra stupid. But lets get a #1 WR and a few O-lineman > then we can say, "You gave it your all kid". Or did he?

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernie writes what will get people up in arms and bring attention to his article far too often. He loves to troll fans with non sensical writing and his "Breakfast with Bernie" segments are both weird and awkward. No clue what he said about Bradford but I'm with the anti-Bernie crowd.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even read the article because I'm not a big fan of Bernie. I'm sure it was rambling and long winded like most of his articles. He was even worse when he was on the radio. One thing does come to mind in reading the title though. Of course the Rams need to draft a QB to push Sam. We certainly don't need Bernie to tell us that, LOL.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess thats what i am... a Bradford apologist lol

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess thats what i am... a Bradford apologist lol

If anything you're a Bradford optimist and there is nothing wrong with that. None of us have anything to apologize for. We're here year after year and at times supporting some pretty bad Ram teams. IMO It's time for the Rams to apologize to us. :suds:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about the author of the article. Whether you like him or you don't is IRRELEVANT to the fact that he absolutely correct about Bradford's lack of durability and fragileness as being more concerns going forward. As the saying goes, "Don't kill the messenger" Since you don't like Bernie, just pretend you heard this from your "favorite columnist" instead so you can look past your bias and see things objectively.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the parts he may be correct about (fragile Bradford) don't equal drafting a QB in the first round. First round QBs aren't drafted for depth, they are drafted to start immediately. The only real exception has been Aaron Rodgers, and that's because Favre wouldn't go away lol.

3rd round or later makes sense to draft a QB in my opinion. If you wait after the 4th, there's not much left other than projects. Any sooner and you're sending a message to your team that Bradford is out.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about the author of the article. Whether you like him or you don't is IRRELEVANT to the fact that he absolutely correct about Bradford's lack of durability and fragileness as being more concerns going forward. As the saying goes, "Don't kill the messenger" Since you don't like Bernie, just pretend you heard this from your "favorite columnist" instead so you can look past your bias and see things objectively.

I have no qualms with the guy. I don't really know his work like jacobarch, SJ, or mutigers1fan may. I'm in Ohio, so I rarely hear/read any of his stuff.

That being said... I really do have to question the football acumen of any guy who thinks drafting a backup QB (or, backup anything, for that matter) with the #2 overall pick is a smart idea.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I heard this from my favorite journalist I would bash him till the end of time. As others have said you don't take a QB in the first round for depth. You take a project QB in the 3rd round that has good potential but needs to be taught the right fundamentals and technique. I don't mind the Rams taking a QB in this draft just not one in the first or second round. We have way too many other holes on this roster that need to be filled and QB isn't going to help this team unfortunately. And say we drafted a QB with the second pick who's going to block for him??? We need help on the oline caused from injury or free agency. Look at it this way if we continue to play Fishers style of football, tough running and the PA passing game we don't need to draft a QB right now. Bradford can easily handle a run first-game managing offensive philosophy.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly jacobarch. Besides we have four QBs on our roster and any one of them can be a game manager for next season if we are going the route of Fisher ball.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite journalist wouldn't write something like this because Derrick Goold doesn't write over opinionated articles, he lays out options and the pros and cons of each. That's why I love him. He tries to inform and allow his reader to form their own opinions.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, Bernie likes himself too much and wants everyone else to know just how much he likes himself.