• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Winning Tradition

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kinda seems like the Chiefs upgrading their worst safety (Sorenson) and losing their best safety (Honey Badger) was a push when it comes to this matchup. That kinda stinks. On the other end Pacheco, MVS and Juju seem to be a push with losing Tyreek Hill (although maybe the Bengals injuries in the secondary more of a reason for the push).

I also get the feeling that the Bengals probably should've won the game by a score of something like 34-27 instead of 27-24. I feel like more these teams see each other the more it benefits the offenses and both teams left a bit on the field.
Losing Awuzie at DB really, really hurts. It's one of the positions that the Bengals are not deep at.

With that being said, Apple has raised his game. I'm not a huge fan of his, and I think last year was a bit of flukish for him, but with Awuzie out, he's really had some great plays. The other side is a rookie who, while takes his lumps, has played better each week.

The key is the DC....the way he designs plays and keeps QB's guessing is just amazing coaching. Hard to believe he was the 5th/6th option at DC when 4 or 5 other people turned down the gig in 2020....Lou has been nothing short of a wizard. Dropping 8, but playing a mix of man/zone, rushing 4-5, but dropping DL (like Reader) into coverage....the kind of stuff you do in madden, but not in the NFL because it doesn't conform to the "normals" of play calling....

4th and 1 play hurt and the dropped TD by Boyd hurt...left 2 TD's on the field right there. I know KC will look at film and find their own mistakes, and misses. Two rather evenly matched teams...both left some plays on the field, but the big blow came with the Kelce fumble. When that happened it allowed Cincy to get another score, plus kind of put them in the drivers seat for the clock with how things were trending...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kinda seems like the Chiefs upgrading their worst safety (Sorenson) and losing their best safety (Honey Badger) was a push when it comes to this matchup. That kinda stinks. On the other end Pacheco, MVS and Juju seem to be a push with losing Tyreek Hill (although maybe the Bengals injuries in the secondary more of a reason for the push).

I also get the feeling that the Bengals probably should've won the game by a score of something like 34-27 instead of 27-24. I feel like more these teams see each other the more it benefits the offenses and both teams left a bit on the field.
You made a good call earlier in the week when saying that the Chiefs would run it much better against the Bengals this season. I thought the backs were really hard to contain - I know a lot of that is the commitment to contain Mahomes, but it was an effective strategy for the Chiefs.

I think the Bengals have a more sustainable version of offense this season. Last season, particularly late in the year, they were overly reliant on winning 1-1 matchups outside. Burrow is getting extra time right now which is allowing some innovation in the passing game. They seem less explosive, if only because they aren't completely reliant upon it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made a good call earlier in the week when saying that the Chiefs would run it much better against the Bengals this season. I thought the backs were really hard to contain - I know a lot of that is the commitment to contain Mahomes, but it was an effective strategy for the Chiefs.

I think the Bengals have a more sustainable version of offense this season. Last season, particularly late in the year, they were overly reliant on winning 1-1 matchups outside. Burrow is getting extra time right now which is allowing some innovation in the passing game. They seem less explosive, if only because they aren't completely reliant upon it.
I do think your offense is more sustainable because your oline seems to be better. I strongly suspect that whoever makes it to the SB out of the AFC will have a competent oline. Chiefs, for example, need all of their oline healthy. Thuney, Humphrey, and Trey Smith all play at a high level on the interior but the Chiefs probably also have the worst starting offensive tackle combo on a good team. Im not sure anyone has a great oline but its something to watch.