• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Winning Tradition

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is one dashing fella. His one year he was lights out he got hurt by Pittsburgh. It always seems to be Pittsburgh killing our QB's. Jackoffs.
I have to wonder if Dalton had just put together any kind of play-off run in those years with Marvin if we might have a different opinion of him. Not necessarily winning a championship, just a few solid games and maybe a CG appearance or two. But the one and dones 4 years straight and he didn't play well in any of them is his legacy.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wonder if Dalton had just put together any kind of play-off run in those years with Marvin if we might have a different opinion of him. Not necessarily winning a championship, just a few solid games and maybe a CG appearance or two. But the one and dones 4 years straight and he didn't play well in any of them is his legacy.
Actually 5 years straight....on one and dones. However, he didn't play in the one we were about to win before Hill fumbled to Pitt and then all hell broke loose.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals run D with DJ Reader back is also a very big strength. I think with Reader back, and Awuzie injured, it will be a standard KC attack. Pass-pass-pass. With Reader back last week, Derrick Henry received 17 carries for 38 yards.
I think it still depends a bit on how the Bengals play it. A defense shouldn't line up the same way against the Chiefs and Titans for a number of obvious reasons. If we're just going off PFF grades, Creed Humphrey is a 87.5 and DJ Reader is a 85.6. Aaron Brewer of the Titans was a 54.7.

The thing is: if the Bengals do what they did against the Chiefs in last year's 2nd half playoffs, a team can't pass against that defense. The Bengals were daring the Chiefs to run. I think thats a different scenario. Maybe the Bengals dont try that but after seeing it so successful Id be a little surprised if they didnt.

Although maybe Im overacting to Mahomes having a terrible half.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it still depends a bit on how the Bengals play it. A defense shouldn't line up the same way against the Chiefs and Titans for a number of obvious reasons. If we're just going off PFF grades, Creed Humphrey is a 87.5 and DJ Reader is a 85.6. Aaron Brewer of the Titans was a 54.7.

The thing is: if the Bengals do what they did against the Chiefs in last year's 2nd half playoffs, a team can't pass against that defense. The Bengals were daring the Chiefs to run. I think thats a different scenario. Maybe the Bengals dont try that but after seeing it so successful Id be a little surprised if they didnt.

Although maybe Im overacting to Mahomes having a terrible half.
I think your observation is right, but you are also looking at a secondary that had Awuzie who went one on one with Tyreek Hill most the game when he lined up on his side. We also had a Jesse Bates who was on fire at that time playing for a contract. Apple is now our #1, and we have two rookies trying to help the secondary.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your observation is right, but you are also looking at a secondary that had Awuzie who went one on one with Tyreek Hill most the game when he lined up on his side. We also had a Jesse Bates who was on fire at that time playing for a contract. Apple is now our #1, and we have two rookies trying to

Im still not quite sure KC deserves the benefit of the doubt without Tyreek Hill when matching up in marquee games. The Chiefs are 9-2, two of those wins were against Malik Willis and whatever bum was playing for the Rams. Neither Chargers win was against a team that I would call full strength. Chiefs are favored by about 2 points and it probably should be even odds imo. Home field isnt really a factor with Mahomes.

Chiefs and Bills have great rosters but Bengals and Dolphins both look like they can just line up with their offensive weapons and beat any type of defense which is what the Chiefs used to be. Still, the numbers say the Chiefs offense is still the best but I guess we'll see how that holds up.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit..... It's on!

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the video version:

For old Bengal board friends - "Do you figure Hurst is going to invite Reid to the Dayton Mall?"

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I welcome the trash talk between players. Mahomes seems to get into a compliment war every time he talks about another QB and it just seems wrong.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Reid should probably take a bit more notice of his play before speaking...Justin Reid has allowed 75% of targets into his coverage to be caught for a 114.4 passer rating and his current grade in coverage (60.0) ranks 42nd out of 50 safeties.

Maybe he's thinking he'll lock up Drew Sample?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Reid should probably take a bit more notice of his play before speaking...Justin Reid has allowed 75% of targets into his coverage to be caught for a 114.4 passer rating and his current grade in coverage (60.0) ranks 42nd out of 50 safeties.

Maybe he's thinking he'll lock up Drew Sample?
I watched the video. I think he meant Hayden Hurst. Not Higgins. Only thing he got right was Hurst's jersey number. Don't worry Reid, you will have a good look at Hurst's name on the back of his jersey as you are chasing him down. hahaha

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the video. I think he meant Hayden Hurst. Not Higgins. Only thing he got right was Hurst's jersey number. Don't worry Reid, you will have a good look at Hurst's name on the back of his jersey as you are chasing him down. hahaha
Doesn't matter who he was talking about - his stats say the opposite is likely to happen...LOL

I love a good smack talk, but at least have some idea of what you are actually talking about. Telling anyone you are going to lock them up when you give up 75% of targets in the area to be caught for a 112 QB rating....well, doesn't bode well - and why even poke the bear?

I mean, that's like Pratt or Wilson or Flower talking out lout about how they are going to cover Kelce and shut him down...LOL Not happening. He's going to get his, just limit the damage from everyone else.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, this sticky was removed?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higgins clowning...LOL

May be an image of 5 people, people standing and indoor

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higgins clowning...LOL

May be an image of 5 people, people standing and indoor
Actually, he is not clowning. That actually had nothing to do with Reid. It was a private bet between him and Hurst when Hurst's Gamecocks beat Higgin's Tigers this last weekend. Higgin's was forced to wear Hurst's Gamecock jersey.

However, I bet that would really confuse the F out of Reid more. Higbee, Hurst, Higgins, 88, 81, who?? haha

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28-8 in the orange jersey now, and 10-1 in the orange jersey and black pants combo. I think it is officially a winning tradition in these uni's now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kinda seems like the Chiefs upgrading their worst safety (Sorenson) and losing their best safety (Honey Badger) was a push when it comes to this matchup. That kinda stinks. On the other end Pacheco, MVS and Juju seem to be a push with losing Tyreek Hill (although maybe the Bengals injuries in the secondary more of a reason for the push).

I also get the feeling that the Bengals probably should've won the game by a score of something like 34-27 instead of 27-24. I feel like more these teams see each other the more it benefits the offenses and both teams left a bit on the field.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man! We haven't been very good over the years, let me have this one damn thing will ya?! haha

I love all the Tiger stripes. I like the jersey. Anything that will further distinguish the Bengals from the Browns jersey is a good thing.