• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Winning Tradition

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans of other teams may hate this jersey combo, saying it is ugly, but there is no denying the Bengals win when wearing this jersey.

PS..Jersey combo against Chiefs again this week.

Bengals would be set if this was their home jersey every week, and the all white with white helmets on the road.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know of any other team that has that large of a discrepancy in wins/losses in their alternate jersey's?

What is the list of teams they have beaten in this jersey? Why not wear it more often (other than the induced headaches)?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes' Road record is 30-8 so thats pretty similar.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True - but 1 of those 8 L's...well... :)
Oh, Im sure the Chiefs had 4 games circled on their calendar this year: Tampa Bay, the 2 Chargers games, and this game. Honestly, Im not even sure they trade away Tyreek Hill if they beat the Bengals last year but the Chiefs brass obviously thought the defense needs more.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the list of teams they have beaten in this jersey? Why not wear it more often (other than the induced headaches)?
Because they are classified as alternate jersey's. The same as the Bengals all white jersey. I can't recall the Bengals record in the all white jersey (pre and post white helmet) but I think they are either undefeated or have one loss. Not 100% sure on that, just trying to remember back, and I will be honest, my memory is not what it used to be. The Bengals just play better in those alternate jersey's. It is almost like the stink of their past failures are washed away because they feel like a different team. haha

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Im sure the Chiefs had 4 games circled on their calendar this year: Tampa Bay, the 2 Chargers games, and this game. Honestly, Im not even sure they trade away Tyreek Hill if they beat the Bengals last year but the Chiefs brass obviously thought the defense needs more.
I think the Chiefs team looks better this year than it did last year. The Chiefs are the team to beat in the NFL. It is the Chiefs and everyone else gunning for them. I can see improvement in the Bengals as well from last year, but losing our #1 CB in Awuzie who is terribly underestimated by the league is a massive blow. He basically locks down an entire side of the field so we can give Apple help who is not very good. All rookies and Apple, minus Hilton of course who is a good slot CB.

Should be a good game. We will see what shape Chase is in coming back this week. He has to be on fire again for the Bengals to have a chance. Probably going to be a 30+ point shootout for each team on Sunday.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood the hate the fans (even their own fans) often give them for their uniforms. I always thought they were cool (especially with the white pants) and I've always loved their helmets with the Tiger stripes. If they ever ditch that then I'll flush em' down the toilet.

They are often rated horribly, but I have always had a thing for them. "But Halloween colors!" Me: "Huh? Sorry I don't think of Halloween when I look at a tiger." Yah if they put a fuckin' pumpkin on their helmet, then fine.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a great game, and maybe even another AFCC game preview...

I'm a big UC guy, so I love watching TK tear it up. Love that he still throws up the U-C sign after some of his scores.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Chiefs team looks better this year than it did last year. The Chiefs are the team to beat in the NFL. It is the Chiefs and everyone else gunning for them. I can see improvement in the Bengals as well from last year, but losing our #1 CB in Awuzie who is terribly underestimated by the league is a massive blow. He basically locks down an entire side of the field so we can give Apple help who is not very good. All rookies and Apple, minus Hilton of course who is a good slot CB.

Should be a good game. We will see what shape Chase is in coming back this week. He has to be on fire again for the Bengals to have a chance. Probably going to be a 30+ point shootout for each team on Sunday.
Chiefs are way deeper this year. That said, there is a talent dropoff after Mahomes, Kelce, and Chris Jones. Im not sure they've played a team with 2 top WRs. (edit - the Bills. I think they count. )

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs are way deeper this year. That said, there is a talent dropoff after Mahomes, Kelce, and Chris Jones. Im not sure they've played a team with 2 top WRs. (edit - the Bills. I think they count. )

Is Gabe Davis considered a top WR?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say he is top 30 but probably 2nd tier.

He certainly demolished the Chiefs last year

Very hit and miss in terms of production. Wish they would work Shakir into the mix more, but that is a discussion for a different thread lol.

Bengals/Chiefs should be entertaining for sure. Nice to have something interesting to watch on Sunday with the Bills on Thursday (again) and the Rams starting so many 2nd/3rd team players lately.