• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Secondary v. Pitt WR's

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Really? So saying "Go (whomever)" is straying from a topic? A comment that doesn't elicit a response? Well either way, someone better go inform Blue.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you did stray from the topic. Your exact post was "Go Steelers". Which has nothing to do with the Bengals secondary.

i probably don't wanna get in the middle of this as there seems to be much more going on than i've seen but since i've never been acknowledged on the bengal boards here when i've tried to make conversation with y'all, here goes

the subject of this thread is "Bengals Secondary v. Pitt WR's" soooo in fact "Go Steelers" is perfectly on topic

ps- I have said ever since the draft that andy dalton is the shit and i am more worried about the steelers secondary vs him

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i probably don't wanna get in the middle of this as there seems to be much more going on than i've seen but since i've never been acknowledged on the bengal boards here when i've tried to make conversation with y'all, here goes

the subject of this thread is "Bengals Secondary v. Pitt WR's" soooo in fact "Go Steelers" is perfectly on topic

ps- I have said ever since the draft that andy dalton is the shit and i am more worried about the steelers secondary vs him

We appreciate your input. It's always nice to hear from an unbiased party.

Go Steelers!

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We welcome Steeler fans that actually want to talk football, as opposed to Steeler trolls on the Disney board. It comes down to the coaching staff letting Dalton play. They tend to lean conservative til they're losing. Eventually, against a good team, this will cost the Bengals.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Touche.......our matchup vs your receivers is bad, we really miss Joseph.....can't believe we couldn't sign him too, as far under the cap as we are.....Hall vs Wallace has me scared to death, and with the emergence of Antonio Brown you now have two deep threats....we've been susceptible to the occasional deep ball....it could become a shootout, as your secondary showed it can be beaten, too.......

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We welcome Steeler fans that actually want to talk football, as opposed to Steeler trolls on the Disney board. It comes down to the coaching staff letting Dalton play. They tend to lean conservative til they're losing. Eventually, against a good team, this will cost the Bengals.

I have noticed this as well. They are pretty conservative in the first half of games, until they have had time to diagnose a defensive plan, then at halftime, we make adjustments and let Dalton start doing more. In many cases our conservativeness has put us behind at halftime, which tends to force us to make Dalton more of a focal point. When he is given a chance to make plays, he has.

I don't want to see them stray too much from protecting Dalton's confidence, but I think you should give him more opportunities in the first half to build some confidence. He was a QB that played in a spread in college, he is obviously very confident in that role in the NFL when he has 4 to 5 WR's available to throw to.

Not saying go spread whole game, but run a stretch of plays every other drive giving him a chance to build a certain comfort level throwing the ball that hopefully mounts as the second half approaches.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touche.......our matchup vs your receivers is bad, we really miss Joseph.....can't believe we couldn't sign him too, as far under the cap as we are.....Hall vs Wallace has me scared to death, and with the emergence of Antonio Brown you now have two deep threats....we've been susceptible to the occasional deep ball....it could become a shootout, as William Gay showed he can be beaten, too.......

fify......i get real tired of watching QB's pick on one corner all game long when we have three more guys that are just plain elite

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well fellas, this thread has really taken on a life of it's own. I'll I got to say is welcome wyosteeler fan...I didnt want anyting to do with Andy Dalton going into the draft (I thought Ryan Mallet was the best QB in the draft...better than Newton, Dalton etc) but I'm glad that I'm not calling the shots and that we drafted Dalton. He's quickly converted me and I think even if I wasnt a Bengals fan Id be a Dalton fan. he's just so damned likeable and seems like a tough, competitive and overall good dude (unlike other QB's which will remain nameless). Other than that, cheer the fuck up, everybody. Three day weekend coming up bitches...

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think the Bengals should just forget the run, either. But teams know we're going to run it early. We run the ball 60% of the time on first down. It's obvious, and teams are keying on it early. If we mix it up early, we can hopefully be more balanced for the whole game.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well fellas, this thread has really taken on a life of it's own. I'll I got to say is welcome wyosteeler fan...I didnt want anyting to do with Andy Dalton going into the draft (I thought Ryan Mallet was the best QB in the draft...better than Newton, Dalton etc) but I'm glad that I'm not calling the shots and that we drafted Dalton. He's quickly converted me and I think even if I wasnt a Bengals fan Id be a Dalton fan. he's just so damned likeable and seems like a tough, competitive and overall good dude (unlike other QB's which will remain nameless). Other than that, cheer the fuck up, everybody. Three day weekend coming up bitches...

He's got all that and a fucking smoking GF.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Somebody needs to work on his Wikipedia page BTW. If you search Andy Dalton, some fucking Rugby player comes up. Even Wikipedia hates the Bengals.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you think they'll play Green? They could always take Chad away with the bump at the line plus the safety over.....I think they'll find AJ doesn't give up as fast as Chad always did.....