• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Secondary v. Pitt WR's

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think this is just a brutal matchup for the Bengals...Mike Wallace is exactly the type of WR that Hall struggles with (lightining fast, shifty). Also think that Antonio Brown is way more that Clements can handle and will be an X factor in this game. IMO Brown is one of the better kept secrets in the league. I think for the Bengals to have a fighting chance they have to get good and consistent pressure on Ben. If not, if he has time to throw and the CB's have to stay on those WR's for any prolonged amount of time we're in trouble (we know they aint getting safety help w crocker and Nelson...they were just terrible last game). Heath Miller also presents a problem although I have more faith in covering the TE if Howard is 100% but I think the quickness and speed of those WR's presents the biggest issue this week.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will be a good game

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have safeties? criminey, I thought we were playing with 9 people on defense. That's good to know.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see where a lot of cover 3 will be used to prevent the WR's from beating them deep, but that is going to open up the underneath stuff.

It's not a good matchup at all. The Bengals have to play ball control offense and keep Ben and Co off the field.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IIRC, Hall as played Wallace pretty well in the past, but with his recent struggles, I don't have any confidence.

Looks like Harrison will also be available.

Our pass rush has had success against them in the past, so if they can stay in their lanes, we may be able to do just enough. Ben will take a lot of sacks if there is a rush, so that could be the game-breaker.

Looking at the flip side, I'll be interested to see how they play Green. In the past against Chad they've played a lot of man-man jamming at the LOS with safety help over the top and LB help below. I kind of expect a similar defense against Green.

As I said in another thread, the Steelers have dug themselves a hole with an 0-2 division start, they'll be looking to avoid 0-3 by any means. We do have mismatches on offense, but look for them to disguise a lot of coverages to try to confuse Dalton. Surpringly, our o-line has had some success against their pass rush, so hopefully they can buy Dalton the time he needs.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IIRC, Hall as played Wallace pretty well in the past, but with his recent struggles, I don't have any confidence.

Looks like Harrison will also be available.

Our pass rush has had success against them in the past, so if they can stay in their lanes, we may be able to do just enough. Ben will take a lot of sacks if there is a rush, so that could be the game-breaker.

Looking at the flip side, I'll be interested to see how they play Green. In the past against Chad they've played a lot of man-man jamming at the LOS with safety help over the top and LB help below. I kind of expect a similar defense against Green.

As I said in another thread, the Steelers have dug themselves a hole with an 0-2 division start, they'll be looking to avoid 0-3 by any means. We do have mismatches on offense, but look for them to disguise a lot of coverages to try to confuse Dalton. Surpringly, our o-line has had some success against their pass rush, so hopefully they can buy Dalton the time he needs.

I wonder if that was JJ keeping Wallace in check (seems to be much better suited to play Wallace while Hall was a good fit for Ward). I think this game in particular the JJ for Clements swap is really going to show up. Agree that the success in the game will be all about getting to the QB (us getting to Ben and the O-line keeping their front 7 off of Dalton). Polomalu v. Dalton is also a bad match up. I think it will be a good measuring stick game for the Bengals but just cant see them coming out of this week with the W.

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pac Man is going to be huge in this game. They will need him on probably 60% of the plays

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac Man is going to be huge in this game. They will need him on probably 60% of the plays

rain12.gif

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone heard anything about the status Dunlap's hammy? We could really use him this week.....

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Please stop making every thread about you.
thank you in advance.

If you could get your head out of your ass, you could see:

1) I never strayed from the topic
2) Crash made it about me.

Seems like your gripe should be with someone else. But considering your obsession with me, this doesn't surprise me.

You're welcome. :)

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, and you need to watch your language with the "head out of ass" I did not insult you personally, I addressed your behavior.

and...
ok, sure, it's tubbs fault, it's crash's fault, it's dan's fault, it's bip's fault, it's whoever's fault.

The common denominator is always flamingrey, over and over.

quit taking everything personally.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree, and you need to watch your language with the "head out of ass" I did not insult you personally, I addressed your behavior.

and...
ok, sure, it's tubbs fault, it's crash's fault, it's dan's fault, it's bip's fault, it's whoever's fault.

The common denominator is always flamingrey, over and over.

quit taking everything personally.

You're right, I am the common denominator. Because your little group of minions love making it about me. You can't see otherwise because your head is shoved so far up your ass.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, on twitter, someone posted that it was just a cramp. I posted a link, but I don't remember where it is.

Knowing our top notch medical staff, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the IR is on the horizon soon......

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually, you did stray from the topic. Your exact post was "Go Steelers". Which has nothing to do with the Bengals secondary.