• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals @ Seahawks

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of us forgot that this is not the same Cincy team with a new HC and many new coaches. That was a different offense and defense out there and it looked better than what they have normally put on the field. No game tape on this team what so ever so for as far as season openers go, this was a tough one for the Hawks. Zero zilch big fat 0 familiarity out there.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game guys. It is tough to play on the road in Seattle and come away with a win. I expected you to beat us by 14 after last year and this preseason. However, Taylor said he was not showing the league anything in preseason. We have tons of talent on our team, but we were not putting it together. I am glad our OLine held up as good as it did. Our #1 draft pick LT Williams went down, our backup LT Cordy Glenn went down, our starting LG retired due to blood clots, Billy Price our #1 pick two years ago got benched, our RG got suspended for 4 games, and Bobby hart was one of the worst RT in the league last year. So I am happy the rebuilt Oline held up against those monsters you have on your DL.

The strength has been and was expected to be our DL this year, and it showed. Liked seeing the pressure they created.

Seahawks won the game, but we left too many opportunities on the field Sunday. You can't come away with 0 points in 3 red zone trips and settle for a FG and call a safe play on 3rd down and long on goal to goal. Two many crazy mistakes, fumbling the punt, Dalton just losing the ball in the rain and basically handing the ball to your Dlineman.

Sucks we lost, but no one is giving Cincy a chance this year, and I knew we were better than most gave them credit for. The talent was there on this team, question was, would that talent absorb and be able to comprehend the new offensive and defensive playbooks, and would the new coach and coordinators be good enough at calling a game. I think the coaching staff cost us this game, mostly Taylor in this week one with his offensive play calling decisions in the 2nd half in the red zone.

I can't wait to see a healthy Bengals offense with Dalton, Mixon, Greene, Boyd, Ross and Eifert on the field together. Defense looks pretty legit, and getting CB Dennard should help our secondary even more. Glad neither team got too banged up.

Oh yeah, and that patchwork offensive line had no false starts with the 12th man of Seattle going nuts in their home opener. That was the most impressive thing to me I think.

Good win for you, and good luck.