• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals @ Seahawks

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks need to clean a lot of stuff up, especially in our secondary, lack of discipline on some key plays today... It’s amazing how even at this level it still comes down to simple fundamental football.... Lots of game tape to break down in this one ...

And quickly too cause Pittsburgh is going to be pissed off for their home opener.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks need to go get Luke Willson... Seems like Dissly is going to be Prosise 2.0...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So clearly not the performance we were expecting yesterday, but sometimes you get stuff like that in week 1. I won't put too much time going over everything, but I was surprised at how poorly the OL played. Our run D was special, but I thought we would use the LBs to help generate a little more pass rush. Dalton was about as good as I've ever seen him, unfortunately, and it was nearly good enough to pull off a huge upset. DK Metcalf was impressive right out of the box, which was maybe the most positive thing coming out of the game.

Gotta be better from here. On to Pittsburgh!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL was new level of bad, the secondary looks like trash, but somehow we pulled it off.

People are praising dalton, but he had 3 or 4 terrible throws that should have been picked but ended up being caught. In fact, I thought he eas off target on quite a few throws all day.

Ps

Metcalf is an absolute stud, get him the ball.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem to always sputter out of the gate, but the difference yesterday was that usually we lose that game. As ugly as it was we still managed to pull it out which is very promising.

I loved what I saw from Metcalf, he looks legit. I want to see him match up with Sherm, that's going to be fun to watch.

The defense generated five sacks and recovered three fumbles. Do that and you're gonna win more times than lose, but this secondary was god awful. Tedric was horrible and almost cost us that game, but luckily it didn't matter in the end.

The stats don't necessarily show it, but Carson is a filthy runner. This O-line needs to get better, what the hell was that?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall the secondary for sure had a rough day, but I thought Shaquill Griffin actually held up very well.

The O Line play was very surprising and disappointing. That was something out of 2016. I thought we were well past that after the giant strides last season. I hope we look back in a couple months and just chalk it up to week 1.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to watch because I was at work. Maybe that was a good thing. Damn, I hate these slow starts every year. No way we should let Andy freakin Dalton throw it all over the field. Luckily, we can count on a turnover or 2 from him and mostly meaningless stats. Can't be doing that vs. good teams and QB's tho. Glad the boys won but a little upset they didn't dominate a much inferior team at home.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My score prediction is 27-9. I want to think we blow them out worse, but week 1 football is usually a little sloppier than we would like. The offense will be able to bludgeon them with the ground game and wear them out, but it will take a bit for it all to be in sync. I think this is a convincing, no-doubter game though.
OUCH!

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the entire season is over out of the gate in the first quarter if the Hawks start off sputtering as they always do?

Didn't they have shit games early on in their two SB years?

It'll be ok bro. Few deep breaths there.
Nothing has changed, LOL!

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks better close this out because if I get knocked out of my survivor pool in week one because they laid an egg at home................... :mad2:
There's an example of what FF has done to fans in sports. Heh!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem to always sputter out of the gate, but the difference yesterday was that usually we lose that game. As ugly as it was we still managed to pull it out which is very promising.

Exactly... Remember the opener against Denver last year? Keenum threw all over our secondary and we coughed up the ball 3x's while being sacked 6x's and we still barely lost... This year, it was almost as ugly of a game but the difference is that we didn't turn the ball over...

I loved what I saw from Metcalf, he looks legit. I want to see him match up with Sherm, that's going to be fun to watch.

Same here... I love the feisty ness he shows after each catch... He looks to be one of the steals of the draft if he keeps it up...

The defense generated five sacks and recovered three fumbles. Do that and you're gonna win more times than lose, but this secondary was god awful. Tedric was horrible and almost cost us that game, but luckily it didn't matter in the end

Tedric reminds me of Terreal Bierria... He had almost the same exact Blunder as Tedric did yesterday in the game against the Rams in 2004... We were up on the Rams by 17 w/ 6 minutes left and the Rams threw over the to of the coverage 2x's tying the game and sending it into OT... Bierria was just horrible that game...

The stats don't necessarily show it, but Carson is a filthy runner. This O-line needs to get better, what the hell was that?

I was definitely impressed with Carson yesterday...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL was new level of bad, the secondary looks like trash, but somehow we pulled it off.

The clock is ticking on how long it will be before you start calling for Schottenheimer's head...

As Chris Berman would say, "tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick.. tick..."

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game one of typical NFL week one with it's usual angst and overreactions, bottom line is, a W is, even a ugly W is a lot prettier than a L.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And good to see some familiar faces again who go back to the new millennium and CNNSI. Been a long time.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an example of what FF has done to fans in sports. Heh!

Just a survivor pool, I don't play FF, but I have to admit that I did find it distasteful pulling for the Seahawks. Thankfully I can't pick them again this season so I feel better already, LOL

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clock is ticking on how long it will be before you start calling for Schottenheimer's head...

As Chris Berman would say, "tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick.. tick..."

unfortunately we are still playing with cables trash, we SHOULD spend some top end draft capital next year to shore that up. until then, we have ifedi and pocic and even britt getting tossed around by unknown DLmen.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks have always sucked in the opener under Carroll. The Thursday night opener in 2014 is the only time I ever remember them playing well and they raised a Super Bowl banner so they had to be amped. Definitely things to work on as others have said, but I don't believe this game will be indicative of how the entire season will go. The Seahawks always improve as the season progresses and I will sure as hell take the win over a loss.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

D line was a force. CIN didn't run much but when they did we shut it down. Clowney is such a disruptive player and Quentin Jefferson had a great game. Hopefully adding Ansah soon and Reed soon thereafter really shuts down opposing olines.

DK looked great, which is tough for rookie WRs so often. His first catch was also on a design many naysayers said he couldn't run: a quick slant.

Negatives:

Oline was trash. No excuse for that many blown blocks.

Secondary obviously needs work. So many underneath middle of the field completions shows just how badly we miss Kam being the enforcer there and scaring teams from even attempting that stuff.

Play calling did not adapt to the game fast enough. You have to get away from delayed hand offs when the defense is constantly in the backfield. You need to gain the momentum and let Carson punish guys moving forward.