• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals or 49ers which is the bigger surprize

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bengals,face it they have just been going thru the paces for the last couple of years,Palmer packs it in they let TO go and Chad is gone,I figured they were toast for the next 3 to 4 years,instead along comes Dalton and GReen and just look at them now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks ghost,the future is real bright for this team to come and i'm just glad it's NOW instead of later.Just think..we have draft picks to look forward too as well! :)

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd say the Bengals...I'm a fan and I'm shocked by how well they're playing. Niners are in the NFCW which is just brutally bad (the Browns would be in contention in that division). That being said, they've had some really strong wins v. the Eagles and the Lions. For all practical purposes they have that divion locked up.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd say Bengals too. The Niners were supposed to be good last year, so last year was a bit surprising. And, as Servo pointed out, the NFCW is a black hole.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd say Bengals too. The Niners were supposed to be good last year, so last year was a bit surprising. And, as Servo pointed out, the NFCW is a black hole.

They have had good wins though. I think they'll be a team that gets a first round bye but doesnt win a playoff game.

RnO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd give it to the Bengals. Niners have a much softer division and many more established veterans on that team. The fact that the Bengals are winning games with several rookies and 2nd year players is impressive.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have had good wins though. I think they'll be a team that gets a first round bye but doesnt win a playoff game.

I don't know...that defense can match up pretty good.

I think it's a tie, really. No one thought either team was going anywhere.

SF has had some really good wins this year, and has played a bit tougher sched than Cincy at this point.

But, what Dalton and Green are doing as rookies is nearly unprecidented. You have to go back to when Otto Graham was QB for the Browns back in the AAFL to match what these two kids are doing.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They do have a good defense. Those LB'ers are making plays all over the place. I will say this though. Hypothetically I would not trade the Bengals roster for the Niners roster. Not buying Alex Smith and I think Gore hits the wall here real soon. They have some decent young talent on the O-line but I like our young D-line, QB and WR corp (Green, Gresh, Simpson and Shipley). Also love having those extra picks to play with (thanks, Carson!)

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have a good defense. Those LB'ers are making plays all over the place. I will say this though. Hypothetically I would not trade the Bengals roster for the Niners roster. Not buying Alex Smith and I think Gore hits the wall here real soon. They have some decent young talent on the O-line but I like our young D-line, QB and WR corp (Green, Gresh, Simpson and Shipley). Also love having those extra picks to play with (thanks, Carson!)

There's no doubt that the Bengals are set up better than the 9ers are.

The Bengals are young across the board on Offense with exception to Williams on the line. Benson is probably going to be gone next year, but other than that...the rest of the offense is in prime position.

Same can be said for the defense. Young enough across the board with exception to maybe Crocker and of course Clements.

Then add in the additional picks the Bengals over the next 2 drafts that will be 1st or 2nd round picks...plus the later picks from the Ocho trade and add in a supplemental pick for JJ leaving....

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bengals.

You aren't winning in the playoffs with Alex Smith.

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bengals, no doubt.

As for Alex Smith, a team has a hell of a better chance at winning a playoff game with him at the helm, opposed to a Qb as putrid as Palmer

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And the obsession continues...

He sleep with your mother? Sister? Wife?

Serious question.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer is gone. Let it go.

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep, Palmer slept with my mom, dad, sister, brother aunt and 2 uncles.

You are hilarious. You fucking cock sucked palmer for year and years. Hundreds of post about how good he is. And now, finally when its proven that he is a worthless sack of shit, you shy away from your long time stance and ask if he banged peoples sisters as a way to divert your stupidity and inaccuracy.

Stupid people

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I never wasted my time with you on the ESPN board, I'm not going to waste it here.

You seem to be in withdrawal right now. I put the over and under at 2 days that you give in and start a thread about Carson.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The topic is:

Bengals or 49ers which is the bigger surprize

My pick is the Bengals.
from 4-12 to 6-2, when everyone was picking them to finish 4th in the division behind the abysmal Cleveland. San Fran, like Cincinnati, started to put some pieces together at the end of last season, but they are seemingly a dominant force in a week division, and similar the the Bengals, have some ghosts to bust.

please stay on topic, and as always, please address your personal comments to people by way of private messages. Thank you in advance.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough comparison. On the one hand, there were plenty of folks this preseason suggesting that the 49ers were launching a 'suck for luck' campaign. I even remember the rumors that they were going to recruit Dante Culpepper to try-out for a spot on the roster. Nothing says 'we are going to suck,' like asking Culpepper to come into town - Unless of course they were simply trying to build morale with a team boat trip. On the other hand, everyone already seemed to believe that Jim Harbaugh was a genius and the prospect du jour of the offseason so I guess some would buy in. The truth is that the 49ers actually have had some talent for years, but they've had lousy coaches. Singletary was an embarrassment to the sideline.

The Bengals were picked by everyone to finish as one of the worst 3 teams of 2011 and many had us last overall. I think the Bengals are the bigger surprise.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, there were some people in the national media saying 0-16 when talking about the bengals pre-season.