• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals MVP at this point

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
mine are:

1. Dalton
2. Dunlap
3. Green

I'd actually like to see them draft a guy just like Dunlap with one of their first 3 picks

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rucker easily on D. Easily. Not even close at all. Everyone forgets about the Frostee.

On offense it's Dalton. Easily.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Dalton. Anyone think we'd be 6-3 with Gradkowski? Any of the other rookie qbs?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Gruden

and

Zimmer.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's Dalton. Anyone think we'd be 6-3 with Gradkowski? Any of the other rookie qbs?

I do think we'd be 6-3 or pretty close with Gradkowski. He did afterall win us that Cleveland game.

As for Green vs Dalton, I believe Green has made Dalton look better than Dalton has made Green look. But I could see someone argue it either way.

Skinnyfats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can it not be Dalton? Just imagine if the Bengals did not have him and had to go with someone like Tebow, Orton, etc.

Dunlap has been amazing on defense. But Dalton is tied for 3rd for the fewest sacks and he doesn't make a ton of mistakes like most rookie QB's do.

Dalton has been a huge improvement over Carson Palmer as much as it pains me to admit. I was a Palmer homer for years until last year and I couldn't do it any more.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP = players only :usa2:

I know, I know, but still...

You are in charge of a unit that has a rookie QB and a rookie #1 WR, and you do enough to keep this offense in each game. That is some serious coaching. I don't know many, if any, other coaches in the game that could do what Gruden is doing right now. Giving Dalton just enough of the playbook each week to switch it up, but not so much as to over-load him and the rest of the offense.

Zimmer has been a beast. Taking guys across the DL and rotating them into a massive force. The back-bone of the defense. Taking two cast-off LB's and getting solid play from each, and some serious play from Howard. Doing enough to guise the secondary and the issues they have. It is saying a lot. Getting guys in position and coaching them up. Not to mention surviving a few weeks without Rey and using skuta in place...massive drop off. Having Johnson in at LB for Howard when he was out.

I think the MVP of the offens has been Dalton. True that AJ makes the plays, but the fact that this kid is out there slingin' the ball around (I use that term liberally here) to different targets and keeping the defense from just keying in on AJ...it's been un-real.

I hate to say a collective group for MVP on defense, but as good as Dunlap has been, the key has been ALL of the DL. They are fresh, rotated, and close games out at the end. It's not just one guy getting it done, but all 8 in that rotation.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How can it not be Dalton? Just imagine if the Bengals did not have him and had to go with someone like Tebow, Orton, etc.

Dunlap has been amazing on defense. But Dalton is tied for 3rd for the fewest sacks and he doesn't make a ton of mistakes like most rookie QB's do.

Dalton has been a huge improvement over Carson Palmer as much as it pains me to admit. I was a Palmer homer for years until last year and I couldn't do it any more.

This is most valuable player. Who brings the most value to the team. Not to be confused with most overachieving player which Dalton most definitely is. What he was projected to do before the season or what should be expected of him considering his experience does not have a bearing on the value he brings in comparison to another player.

Dalton right now is at best only a middle of the pack starting QB.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is most valuable player. Who brings the most value to the team. Not to be confused with most overachieving player which Dalton most definitely is. What he was projected to do before the season or what should be expected of him considering his experience does not have a bearing on the value he brings in comparison to another player.

I guess on a good team, you need to have some dispute as to who the MVP is, The colts are so bad this year, I don't even think a healthy Manning would be able to lift them into playoff contention. There has to be more than 1 or 2 chief contributors.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think you need to look past the stats to see the importance that Dalton brings to this team. he brings a sense of command, smarts and toughness that was sorely lacking. In otherwords, he fills a gaping leadership void. Plus, he's been great on the field. No, he's not chucking the ball all over the field or racking up gawdy statistics but he makes good decsisons and has strong command of the huddle. If you watch him pre snap he's constantly getting guys lined in the correct positions and overall seems to be a very strong field general. He's the MVP.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To figure out the MVP is easy..... What player, if removed from the roster and replaced with his back-up, would have the biggest impact on wins and losses? I would argue that it would have to be either Dalton or Green. If Dunlap was hurt we'd probably still win most of the same games we had won. If Dalton was hurt, I don't believe that would be the case. I think he guided us to victory in the Buffalo, Tennessee and Jacksonville games and I don't think his back-up would have done it.

BTW -- This is why I think a quarterback should almost always be the MVP. Look at the Colts this season - Manning has probably been the MVP of the past 10 years.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think you need to look past the stats to see the importance that Dalton brings to this team. he brings a sense of command, smarts and toughness that was sorely lacking. In otherwords, he fills a gaping leadership void. Plus, he's been great on the field. No, he's not chucking the ball all over the field or racking up gawdy statistics but he makes good decsisons and has strong command of the huddle. If you watch him pre snap he's constantly getting guys lined in the correct positions and overall seems to be a very strong field general. He's the MVP.

I agree with most of that. But that isn't to say he isn't replaceable. He's brought a lot of intangibles, but he isn't THE reason we're winning. This team would be winning with or without him, they just wouldn't get the style points to go along with it.

To me the MVP has to be from the defense.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is there isn't one player you can take off that D and say they are making the D go. Dunlap doesn't play against the Steelers and we still have 5 sacks. You can't name an entire unit the MVP, in fact I'd argue our D fell off more when Maualuga was hurt that when Dunlap was. I'd have to go with Dalton or Green.