• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals/Bears game thread

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd wager that if a team had a -2 TO ratio even with Brady or Rodgers playing QB that there is a decent chance they lose. Just because the QB plays well doesnt mean the rest of the team does. That is a horrible argument.

Fine. This game aside. We're going into his 3rd season and I am still struggling to think of a marquee win or performance that I can sit back and say "Yes. He is more than just a game manager"

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone putting any blame today on Dalton is an idiot. Both INT's were on green. the guy is 6'5 and if he cant block out peanut on the first one then maybe he is not as good as you think and the second one was 100% his fault. You could have added a fumble on him to had Jennings not kicked it out of bounds. Your loss today is put on 2 wide receivers and a coaching staff it is as simple as that

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Luck won because Pryor didn't come through in the end. It wasn't because he "willed" them there.

Conveniently forgetting about all of them from last year, or what?

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate you taking the time to come over and be civil, even if you would not have if you lost more than likely.

I agree you played a better game today and deserved to win, but I completely disagree with you being a better team. Good luck in the NFC North.

well we got 15 more weeks to hash that out:suds:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone putting any blame today on Dalton is an idiot. Both INT's were on green. the guy is 6'5 and if he cant block out peanut on the first one then maybe he is not as good as you think and the second one was 100% his fault. You could have added a fumble on him to had Jennings not kicked it out of bounds. Your loss today is put on 2 wide receivers and a coaching staff it is as simple as that

The narrative before the year was if the Bengals lose it's Dalton's fault. I doubt Cowherd watched the game

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine. This game aside. We're going into his 3rd season and I am still struggling to think of a marquee win or performance that I can sit back and say "Yes. He is more than just a game manager"

You're the dick that called me out to defend him only 5 minutes into the game. Perhaps you should have just watched the fucking game and seen how it turned out before running your flap. Just a thought. Premature ejaculation on your part.

Granted, we still lost, but how is the game if Green doesn't give Tillman that INT when t he offense was hot as hell? How about Sanu fumbling the ball when it looked like we were going to move into the endzone to send it back up by 11?

Andy made all the throws today. Tight coverage, hit open receivers, hit a couple deep balls and had a QB completion percentage around 80%. There is not a fucking thing you can say negative about Andy today so you just have to keep giving the same old tired bullshit you have been preaching all off season as your "evidence" that Dalton is nothing more than a game manager.

Also, yeah, I give AJ credit for making Dalton better, same as any good players can be said to have done for their QB's. Stafford is up and down with Megatron and they are not always in te playoffs, and Fitgerald has been a gold standard at WR, and he has yet to go to the playoffs I think. So while yes, I agree Green helps Dalton be a better player, AJ Green doesn't completly "make" Dalton who he is. Dalton has to have talent to keep things together. #2 WR slot took a crap again today. TE's looked awesome. Running game was doing okay, but didn't seem to get used much.

Dalton is what keptthe Bars from killing our asses today. So you should appreciate that a litle so you do not have to feel like the Raven fans this week.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that is fine, but without the stupid mistakes bu Green, Sanu, Kirkpatrick and Marv we win this game by 14+ and everyone is talking about Dalton getting his first big win and how well he played and how he might have turned a corner.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is fine, but without the stupid mistakes bu Green, Sanu, Kirkpatrick and Marv we win this game by 14+ and everyone is talking about Dalton getting his first big win and how well he played and how he might have turned a corner.

Forget it Tubbs. You are not going to change his mind, he is a 'hater' plain and simple. A true fan can bitch a little about their team losing but usually look for a silver lining to carry them though the week until the next game. It takes a special ass hat to just hate on everything at all time and Hokie and Kramer are in that category. Hell even Flaming has somethign positive to say once in a while.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see better than I hear.

8 wins. Tops.

That may win this division, though.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you are going to try and score really try, don't run on 1st down then throw a 3 yard pass. If you aren't going to try and score run 3 times. It's that fucking simple. You just want to blame Dalton somehow don't you.

Where did I blame Dalton? The receiver dropped the ball.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Marvin: What's my job description?
Mikey: timeouts and challenges.
Marvin: got it. meals and plane resevations

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Case in point regarding Dalton: Just look at his last throw of the game on 3rd down. He makes his first read and then just fires. He had no idea the LB was closing in on the passing lane. It was a poor decision to attempt that pass. The better QB's in the league see that and go elsewhere. Those are the little things people like Crash willingly choose not to grasp.

There are a lot of issues with Dalton that Gruden and Green are able to cover up.

And I do not recall a single pass into tight coverage by Dalton. Heck, there were a number of passes Cutler not only attempted but completed that while watching I thought there's no way Dalton can do it.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton was rated the 19th best QB in the league by Clayton and Jaws. I'd say they were being kind.

19th rated QB along with one of the worst running games = shit.

Last season was an aberration. This team will not make the playoffs. It's funny how everyone just assumes they will. Based on what? Certainly not facts. Not talent. Not coaching. And certainly not the brutal schedule. Other than all that we're golden, though.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case in point regarding Dalton: Just look at his last throw of the game on 3rd down. He makes his first read and then just fires. He had no idea the LB was closing in on the passing lane. It was a poor decision to attempt that pass. The better QB's in the league see that and go elsewhere. Those are the little things people like Crash willingly choose not to grasp.

There are a lot of issues with Dalton that Gruden and Green are able to cover up.

And I do not recall a single pass into tight coverage by Dalton. Heck, there were a number of passes Cutler not only attempted but completed that while watching I thought there's no way Dalton can do it.

The out route to Green was over a defenders hand and in front of another. The one that Green dropped for an INT was in a window. Brady had some bad throws today too ya know, against Buffalo's average defense.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The deep out to Green was a really good throw into a tight window. But you're right about Cutler. He's much better. If he had the Bengals' pass protection he would put up monstrous numbers.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deep out to Green was a really good throw into a tight window. But you're right about Cutler. He's much better. If he had the Bengals' pass protection he would put up monstrous numbers.

I'd say the pass protection he has looked damn good. How many times was he on the ground? 3?

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to be fine guys. Most of us thought we'd lose this one anyway. The protection held up well with Collins at LT. I'm no Dalton supporter but I thought he played well today. Good enough to win. The turnovers killed us as usual. Somebody needs to give Marv a ball of yarn to play with on the sideline, and let Gruden or Zim manage the game. The misused timeouts are unacceptable.

That said, we better wax the Steelers next Monday.