• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals at Browns

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Battle of Ohio I...more importantly, continue to #Blow4Joe

I'm also rooting for my prop bets to hit. Who-Dey!

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andy buying into #Blow4Joe with the gift pick 6.

Time to put Finley back in...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good day to be a Bengal fan.... The Bengals lose and stay in front of the Joe Burrow sweepstakes.

We also caught a nice glimpse of a Browns team that despite all the preseason bluster, still really fucking blows. I mean, congrats to them for winning a game and all, but giving up almost 500 yards to the Bengal offense is embarrassing. And Baker Mayfield is a bum.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
credit where credit is due....nice loss

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good day to be a Bengal fan.... The Bengals lose and stay in front of the Joe Burrow sweepstakes.

We also caught a nice glimpse of a Browns team that despite all the preseason bluster, still really fucking blows. I mean, congrats to them for winning a game and all, but giving up almost 500 yards to the Bengal offense is embarrassing. And Baker Mayfield is a bum.

This Bengals offense should be really good if the line was a bit better and guys healthy.

Consider:

Mixon
Bernard
Green
Ross
Boyd
Tate
Eifert

That is a lot of talent. Granted, Green has been missing, Ross is just now coming back and Dalton is coming off his benching. They should have been better in the redzone, but Ross makes a difference in opening guys up with that speed. He may not have been in the game plan that much, but guys could stack the box on Mixon and look at the day he had due to some running room. Start running the ball, it starts opening up the play action for the passing game at some point.

Our offense SHOULD be pretty good with the pieces it has. The defense, well, the entire core of the defense is non-existent, the LB'ers. Dennard is obviously a much better player than we give him credit for. Since he came back and Kirkpatrick went down, our secondary has actually been better. The dline could be dominate, but they are getting older, at least the stars are (Atkins and Dunlap). We need "Young" blood in there to keep it moving forward instead of getting weaker and weaker.

I hope we keep losing, but improving. Then we draft Chase Young. I know we will go QB, but I think Young makes the biggest impact, with another offseason draft, healthier players, key free agents, and a franchise tag on Green that we could pull another SF. Go from #2 pick with Bosa to 11-2. Not saying we would go 11-2, but I think we could still compete for a season before we have to draft QB and let Green walk.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Perhaps one of the most important games in NFL history? This story is insane. Verified ESPN reporter btw

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bengals were confused because they didn't know that you were allowed to have advanced scouts.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in all honesty..... This story IS insane.

Too many commenters are being lazy about this. Asking why would Bill B. cheat to beat the Bengals of all teams? But he's a winner.... He'll take every advantage and not take any opponent lightly. That's what makes him a winner (and maybe a cheater too). It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he was taping our coaching staff... This is a big week for the Pats. They need to win.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But in all honesty..... This story IS insane.

Too many commenters are being lazy about this. Asking why would Bill B. cheat to beat the Bengals of all teams? But he's a winner.... He'll take every advantage and not take any opponent lightly. That's what makes him a winner (and maybe a cheater too). It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he was taping our coaching staff... This is a big week for the Pats. They need to win.

Yeah it's a week to week league. Washington gave GB all they could handle in GB this week. The idea "the Bengals aren't good enough to cheat against" is ridiculous unless its just an excuse to troll the Bengals.

Again, thats the twitter account of a verified ESPN reporter. That doesn't make the story necessarily true but it does mean it was provided to her by a legitimate source. According to that source...

The Bengals caught the Pats illegally taping their sideline. The Bengals confiscated the tape as evidence. The Bengals then taped the Pats cameraman asking for the evidence to be destroyed. The Bengals kept the original sideline footage as proof and sent a copy to the leauge.

Can that possibly be true? If it is I have no clue where the leauge goes from here.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's a week to week league. Washington gave GB all they could handle in GB this week. The idea "the Bengals aren't good enough to cheat against" is ridiculous unless its just an excuse to troll the Bengals.

Again, thats the twitter account of a verified ESPN reporter. That doesn't make the story necessarily true but it does mean it was provided to her by a legitimate source. According to that source...

The Bengals caught the Pats illegally taping their sideline. The Bengals confiscated the tape as evidence. The Bengals then taped the Pats cameraman asking for the evidence to be destroyed. The Bengals kept the original sideline footage as proof and sent a copy to the leauge.

Can that possibly be true? If it is I have no clue where the leauge goes from here.

Belicheck has already started his defense.... His story is (and will likely continue to be) that these are members of the organization that have nothing to do with football operations. The coaching staff does not interact with or receive any copies of any footage they shoot for their fluffer pieces on the team.

It's almost like the guy has taped teams before, got caught, wanted to continue the practice, and came up with a reasonable front to do it. No way Bill would do something like that, right? Lol.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots admit video crew violated league policy, say it was unintentional

The Patriots are already putting out their official defense. It's obvious that they know the video looks bad....The question now is how bad is it? I mean, does the videographer just take a few shots from the Bengal sideline in the course of showing the field, or is he actually taking long segments? It will be hard to explain how a story about an advanced scout contains 20 minutes of footage from the other team's sideline. And I can't imagine the Patriots getting the benefit of the doubt (at least in the public's eye).

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals are not allowed to win.

All is forgiven, it's part of the plan. If the NFL supports the Patriots, the news stations should follow suit, it's the NFL's business and they'll let the Patriots do as much cheating as they want to keep them dollar bills flowing.

What the Bengals need, is for more people to come here and buy tickets and rent hotels to see the Patriots, not to make the Patriots look bad by playing the victim.

The Bengals should be playing this game in London or Las Vegas or anywhere that would sell out. hell, they should just forfeit the right to playing at home. Just remove the "Cincinnati" from the name while we're at it, it's an embarrassment.