• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take how many 100 millions and then he punks out instead of playing? A lot of businesses that will get you killed and deservedly so.

I once joked I legitimately feared for Carmelo Anthony's life back when he was with OKC because his tax bill was like 100 mil or something insane for one season

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will first say that I am biased because I don’t like him because he couldn’t even list Donovan Mitchell (or anyone else) at second place in the rookie of the year contest. His fragility was so insecure and he couldn’t even say that some of the second place. So that just rubbed me the wrong way. I know that mental health isn’t all about confidence, but if you were confident in yourself, you could still say that someone else in second place. Michael Jordan knows he is first place, but he wouldn’t hesitate to list anyone else as second person whether that be LeBron, Kobe, Wilt, Magic, etc.

But having said that, I am OK with all his mental health issue if after he comes back he doesn’t dismiss it like he’s some tough guy. Use his experience for helping others, raise awareness, charity, don’t shy away from it. Use it for good in some way. But if he comes back and acts arrogant like there’s no issue, that either means that his mental health has not been addressed or it was fake or that he didn’t learn anything in the process, has no sympathy for others, growth, or concern.

Again, he can be confident as hell and he can even be arrogant, but if you use it as an excuse to not play, I think that even after the fact you shouldn’t this message, especially if he wants to be paid.

I don’t mean it has to share everything with the media. There are some private things, especially when they could be used comparatively against him in the future. I’m just talking about not acting like it was nothing.
Ben sat his whole first year so that he could be rookie of the year the next year. It was pathetic. There's nothing about Ben Simmons that isn't pathetic. In the wild, anything that lame gets put down for its own good.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben sat his whole first year so that he could be rookie of the year the next year. It was pathetic. There's nothing about Ben Simmons that isn't pathetic. In the wild, anything that lame gets put down for its own good.

Uh I don’t know how to break it to you, but the sixers were beyond thrilled to let him do that to scoop up another high pick

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh I don’t know how to break it to you, but the sixers were beyond thrilled to let him do that to scoop up another high pick
They were getting the pick anyway. Ben's not a winner.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy.

That is the code all athletes, coaches and organizations have to follow.

Show unconditional support to your guy in public. Have the hard, real conversations in private.

And if he doesn’t do his part, you trade him.

But you never throw him under the bus in public. And when/if the coach and best player do that (no matter how fair the criticism) the organization must follow with a strong show of public support.

Then trade his ass later.

You just can’t have a key player on your roster stewing and feeling unwanted all off-season. Bad business.

This is the angle I agree with. I'm blasting him now because he got what he wanted and he's still sulking like a little bitch. Wearing ridiculous glasses on the sideline looking entirely unenthused to be there.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the angle I agree with. I'm blasting him now because he got what he wanted and he's still sulking like a little bitch. Wearing ridiculous glasses on the sideline looking entirely unenthused to be there.

Having a back that requires major back surgery will do that to you.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a back that requires major back surgery will do that
Stephen A nails it. Just listen to him. He just stops short of saying he's practically inventing an injury whereas I say he is.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windy

"Never heard a single mention of a back injury prior to the trade or during his mental health issue".... he passed a physical.

I'm sorry. Dude is trash. And when you have nba insiders saying the same thing... I feel good on my stance.

This whole Shitshow is over this dude wanting his money. And in the process he's going to fuck up money for everyone else

But hey... par for the course

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A nails it. Just listen to him. He just stops short of saying he's practically inventing an injury whereas I say he is.
Renee Zellweger Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question for me is, what was Simmons doing all of last season? He could have had back surgery earlier, if it is true that this has been a nagging issue for him for several years. In fact it might have been a good excuse for him to not play when he was a Sixer.

It all comes down to the fact that he doesn't love basketball or take seriously the idea of becoming great. He is in it for the money and fame.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question for me is, what was Simmons doing all of last season? He could have had back surgery earlier, if it is true that this has been a nagging issue for him for several years. In fact it might have been a good excuse for him to not play when he was a Sixer.

It all comes down to the fact that he doesn't love basketball or take seriously the idea of becoming great. He is in it for the money and fame.

The second paragraph is probably true

Doesn’t mean the sixers didn’t sandbag him as well

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Careful now, that sounds like you're taking a shot at the process. Them's fighting words in your fanbase...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the back surgery was on the table or deemed necessary at the time, it would've seriously hurt his chances of getting traded and he would still be a Sixer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the back surgery was on the table or deemed necessary at the time, it would've seriously hurt his chances of getting traded and he would still be a Sixer.

Do you think the Nets traded away Harden with even a smidgen that Ben was going to need back surgery?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Nets traded away Harden with even a smidgen that Ben was going to need back surgery?

They knew his past history, but I doubt it was on the table until he re-injured it ramping up to return to the court.