• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This brand is hyped but refuses to sell in markets that criticize it for failure to make easy sales to shoeless shoppers… Ok, a fail by me, trying to make a reference to a passed up dunk.

EDF486C5-AC1E-4C6A-80BD-05A156781859.jpeg

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds he stays free of conflict all year with the Nets?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
animal-house-zero-point-zero.gif

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

About the same odds that Kevin Durant will retire if they don’t trade him. (I do have to say that it was just sources that may not be reliable at all. He of course has not said it. I am talking about if it is true.)

I don’t have anything against Durant, but I think it would be funny if they called his bluff on it. And if they didn’t pay him because he didn’t show up. If there are any contractual obligations to still pay him if he retires, I would would withhold the money until he formally files those papers and then retain the rights to him if he wanted to unretire. Let’s see his chances of winning a championship when not on a team.

I am not upset at players for thinking the system is unfair, etc. Teams can trade players and say it’s just business but the players have no rights/options besides breaking the contract, not signing the contract, etc. but if he wanted to say he’s retired, not file the papers, and still get paid because he hasn’t officially retired, I would not want him to be paid. If it’s a hold out, call it that. But the whole, “I would rather retire“ card is tiring. I think Carson Palmer did that before he went to the Raiders and I am a USC fan. Of course, who wants to play for the Bengals back then. There are a couple other examples where I didn’t believe the player at all and they later get traded because they want to get some value for him.

I personally like the way the Donovan Mitchell is handling it. I don’t see any public demands or threats of playing baseball. Just kidding I don’t know if he plays any other sports.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the same odds that Kevin Durant will retire if they don’t trade him. (I do have to say that it was just sources that may not be reliable at all. He of course has not said it. I am talking about if it is true.)

I don’t have anything against Durant, but I think it would be funny if they called his bluff on it. And if they didn’t pay him because he didn’t show up. If there are any contractual obligations to still pay him if he retires, I would would withhold the money until he formally files those papers and then retain the rights to him if he wanted to unretire. Let’s see his chances of winning a championship when not on a team.

I am not upset at players for thinking the system is unfair, etc. Teams can trade players and say it’s just business but the players have no rights/options besides breaking the contract, not signing the contract, etc. but if he wanted to say he’s retired, not file the papers, and still get paid because he hasn’t officially retired, I would not want him to be paid. If it’s a hold out, call it that. But the whole, “I would rather retire“ card is tiring. I think Carson Palmer did that before he went to the Raiders and I am a USC fan. Of course, who wants to play for the Bengals back then. There are a couple other examples where I didn’t believe the player at all and they later get traded because they want to get some value for him.

I personally like the way the Donovan Mitchell is handling it. I don’t see any public demands or threats of playing baseball. Just kidding I don’t know if he plays any other sports.
Mitchell has been a nonstop malcontent for years. He has been angry and bitching since Gobert touched those microphones. His attitude showed in yhe way he stopped playing defense.

He didn't publicly demand a trade, but he absolutely publicly forced his way out.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell has been a nonstop malcontent for years. He has been angry and bitching since Gobert touched those microphones. His attitude showed in yhe way he stopped playing defense.

He didn't publicly demand a trade, but he absolutely publicly forced his way out.

Which means there were likely issues before the microphone.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, I didn’t mean everything about him. I just thought he could’ve made things worse or pushed for the trade when they were talking. If I am a player, I would want my new team to be giving up the future, but I don’t think that I would also ruin things for my previous team. And I believe he may not be demanding because he knows it’s happening at some point and I don’t know if he will spin it like he never wanted to leave but this is business for the Jazz. I hope he doesn’t. I hope he just makes some statement of appreciation for the fans and the state (whether or not he believes it). I actually like Enes Kanter more now then I did before, but I didn’t like how he left.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which means there were likely issues before the microphone.

And the sad thing is, he may have been the one to give it to Gobert. They say that you may not know you’re positive for a period of 2 to 14 days. But as you guys said, that’s not the only issue, of course.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the sad thing is, he may have been the one to give it to Gobert. They say that you may not know you’re positive for a period of 2 to 14 days. But as you guys said, that’s not the only issue, of course.

Yeah. We will never know really.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow someone kill this mentally ill pussy ass bitch.

He ain't playing November 22

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow someone kill this mentally ill pussy ass bitch.

He ain't playing November 22

Now that he got all up in the Philly money they tried to steal from him, dude gonna lay them out

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that he got all up in the Philly money they tried to steal from him, dude gonna lay them out
Why not just use russian mob to kill him if you are Josh?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Q
Real quick with that first response now you got nothing?

Simmons is a dead man walking gingerly

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just use russian mob to kill him if you are Josh?

Why would he kill him?

Morey got harden

They got what they wanted anyway

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he kill him?

Morey got harden

They got what they wanted anyway
This goes above Morey.

The Ben Simmons mess was always ownership's problem. Morey salvaged the basketball side of it, but there are many more sides to it. Ben shouldn't be safe.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This goes above Morey.

The Ben Simmons mess was always ownership's problem. Morey salvaged the basketball side of it, but there are many more sides to it. Ben shouldn't be safe.
Shouldn't be 'safe' from what?