• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Roethlisberger

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben 1 refs 1rivers 0....
2-0

Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What coulda ben if only he had the skills to beat tebow..... :behindsofa:
Defense allowed Tebow to drop 29pts on them. One of the worst defeats in the past decade

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no dog in that fight...just another guy on the couch watching the spectacle that was superb owl 40. Steelers took home the hardware. The rest is on the nfl.
Again. In that same game i can point to blatant missed calls the other way. Its just like the saints playoff debacle. Few plays warlier they missed a facemask on goff thag should of given the rams first and goal on the 1. But the saints got robbed. The nfl!!! Blah blah blah. Its a narrow argument.

Rant over. Hope youre well and enjoying your holidays.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he top 10 all time? Hot button topic
If you look at his stats, he's 100% top 10 all-time. However, in the grand conversation of the greatest of all-time, I don't think he'll ever come up in a top 10 discussion and that's got a lot to do with how his career ends (struggling to make the playoffs/exiting the playoffs in the first round) and his INT issues during the later part of his career (one of the things that keeps Favre down on the list). Things that many won't bring up in favor of Ben is that he's won 2 Super Bowls with 2 different coaches, he's in the top 10 in every single major passing category that is tracked and he has never (knock on wood) been the QB of a losing team in his entire career. But the current condition of his play and the fact that the Steelers aren't strong as they used to be will ultimately define where he is in the all-time rankings list. Ben Roethlisberger should 100% be considered one of the 10 greatest QBs to ever play the game of football, but in reality, he might honestly be overlooked by his most recent faliures and setbacks and end up being a societal top 25 of all time QB.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an outsider that (obviously) roots against the Steelers... I think Ben will be the most underrated QB of his generation. As mentioned, he has multiple Super Bowls and Top 5 stats on a team that was a perennial contender for almost two decades. He's also had an absurd number of late game heroics - But, a lot of his success gets dismissed as a product of being on a good franchise, or having a good D, or having a good coach, etc, etc. I think he's very underrated.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an outsider that (obviously) roots against the Steelers... I think Ben will be the most underrated QB of his generation. As mentioned, he has multiple Super Bowls and Top 5 stats on a team that was a perennial contender for almost two decades. He's also had an absurd number of late game heroics - But, a lot of his success gets dismissed as a product of being on a good franchise, or having a good D, or having a good coach, etc, etc. I think he's very underrated.
Agreed. But I do feel that the majority that dismiss him simply despise him. The early career legal trouble will always haunt him, and he was alway a trendy villain topic. Remember how easily everyone threw Ben under the bus after AB & Bell left? Sayin he was a terrible leader that never bonded with his teammates. AB claiming he never brought him to his house blah blah blah. Well then pictures surfaced that proved it wrong. Then several months later everyone sees the truth when those dipshits go off the rails but nobody ever came back around to admit they were wrong about Ben.

Ben did have a tendency to be overly candid in his weekly radio guest appearances. The media did a great job dissecting his quotes to produce drama. Every month they were finding new ways to question his leadership. Other times he simply didn’t mince words, like sayin AB ran the wrong route in a go-ahead attempt that failed against Denver. That was a bush league answer from him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is cutting onions in here

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a hell of a run for #7. First Ballot Hall of Famer, no doubt. The sucky part about it is a nagging question that I'll always have in my head. How many rings would Ben have won had the culture of the locker room not been lost a few years back and had the front office made offseason/draft moves to actually help protect Ben? But, regardless of that, Ben has been a class act for his entire career and he will truly be missed, especially seeing what our QB situation is when he retires.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no one in the sports pub where I hang out that doesn't respect Ben and we all think he's a no brainer hall of famer. Tough sob and took monster hits to keep plays alive. Didn't get the benefit of roughing the passer calls very often either.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't said much here, because I am
Formulating my thoughts. My opinion of ben, may be in line with all of yours, but its significantly higher than outside of pgh. Whats odd is folks are now saying he is a top 10-20 all time qb. Rarely was he ever even given credit of being a top 5 qb in the league at any given time. Maybe a few seasons. But generally no. Now all those folks praise him and say hes top 10-20? How does that work. Maybe im mossing something. Russ wilson is always ahead of him, not in my book..brees also

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't said much here, because I am
Formulating my thoughts. My opinion of ben, may be in line with all of yours, but its significantly higher than outside of pgh. Whats odd is folks are now saying he is a top 10-20 all time qb. Rarely was he ever even given credit of being a top 5 qb in the league at any given time. Maybe a few seasons. But generally no. Now all those folks praise him and say hes top 10-20? How does that work. Maybe im mossing something. Russ wilson is always ahead of him, not in my book..brees also
Funny I was having that same conversation with my son. Like all of a sudden he is great because he is not around anymore. Use the analogy as as soon as some dies everyone talks about how great a person they were and never did anything wrong even if they just murdered 10 people and raped their grandmother.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I was having that same conversation with my son. Like all of a sudden he is great because he is not around anymore. Use the analogy as as soon as some dies everyone talks about how great a person they were and never did anything wrong even if they just murdered 10 people and raped their grandmother.
Yep exactly. The stuff now is what some of us have been saying….