• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben, Brady, Rodgers, Ryan

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, where did he diss Lynch? In fact, half of what you said JDB never said at all.

You're too old to bring that much drama. Save that for when CD turns you down at prom.

Well see he invited me to prom and I said yes but somehow he heard me say no and got mad and stormed off. I guess he didn't want me to say Yes? Maybe he misheard me? Seems to happen every once in a while.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps we don't need a franchise QB if we can get better quality performances from the OL unit. It could be effectively argued that we didn't have that level of QB play during the last SB run.

Better OL play pretty much improves the entire team. That would mean the run game is going leading to more consistency on offense. It also means the pass game should improve with teams having to commit to stop the run giving the QB easier reads and the play action game actually being effective. If the offense gets going then that means less time on the field for the defense. Beyond that it could mean some early leads in games that force teams to throw which plays into the strength of the defense.

So yes OL improvement is maybe the biggest concern/immediate need of this team even before QB. Again why I have been advocating for us not getting Romo. That money could go to getting some top quality OL players like Lang/Leary/Whitworth type players.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps we don't need a franchise QB if we can get better quality performances from the OL unit. It could be effectively argued that we didn't have that level of QB play during the last SB run.

You guys should definitely focus on the Oline. The offense won't improve without it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in the very unpopular camp of thinking that neither Lynch nor Siemian has the complete skillset, mentally and physically, to be 'the guy'...

I am in the same boat as you, but I want to give Lynch a chance too.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%, but if we are taking bets on anyone on our roster as a franchise qb, ill take the neither option and feel pretty confident. I hope I am wrong though

Yeah- Right now errrybody be fighting on who is our QB of the future, Siemian or Lynch... I'm not so sure our QB of the future is on the roster.

But I hope he is. and I am willing to give him that shot. Just not a believer right now. I wasn't high on Lynch during the draft process but once we selected him I have hoped for the best without being a debbie downer.. That being said the fact that he has only had two games and didn't look particular good doesn't really mean a ton to me right now. It's about how much he learns this off-season... I just hope for the best, but it doesn't have me real thrilled right now. I wasn't high on Siemian in the least coming out, but was willing to be patient this year in letting him have his shot.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- Right now errrybody be fighting on who is our QB of the future, Siemian or Lynch... I'm not so sure our QB of the future is on the roster.

But I hope he is. and I am willing to give him that shot. Just not a believer right now. I wasn't high on Lynch during the draft process but once we selected him I have hoped for the best without being a debbie downer.. That being said the fact that he has only had two games and didn't look particular good doesn't really mean a ton to me right now. It's about how much he learns this off-season... I just hope for the best, but it doesn't have me real thrilled right now. I wasn't high on Siemian in the least coming out, but was willing to be patient this year in letting him have his shot.

I've already told Nick that I'm willing to pound the table that Lynch will be good. If I am wrong I owe him and you some drinks whenever we meet up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if he turns out great or even good.. Drinks are on us... and I think the celebration will be more fun if we are celebrating him turning out great or good. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if he turns out great or even good.. Drinks are on us... and I think the celebration will be more fun if we are celebrating him turning out great or good. ;)

Yeah I think we will enjoy those drinks just a bit more. I still have faith in the kid. Plenty to work with and the Broncos really are giving him every chance to succeed in this league. Up to him how great he wants to be.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How smart is Lynch? I heard a comment from him that he hoped the next coach did not change the terminology.

The terminology changes for coach to coach but the general concept of the play is universally the same. a protection, routes , and formation are usually embedded in the play call.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch just came off of his rookie year and played in two and a half games. It is ridiculously too early to be counting him out or labeling him a bust. I'm pretty sure no one was touting Winston, Mariota or Carr as the next saviors in their rookie campaigns that they were able to start in every game. Sometimes I can't believe how fickle fans can be with their expectations that players are superstars right out of the draft.

I thought Siemian had a very good first year as the starter and arguably still has upside. We don't even know what Paxton Lynch can become but his physical abilities give him decent odds that he could develop into something special. It's just going to take time, a better offensive line and a running game that can support both of these young QB's. I remain at greater than 50% confidence that either Siemian or Lynch is going to be our starter and going to be pretty damn good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How smart is Lynch? I heard a comment from him that he hoped the next coach did not change the terminology.

The terminology changes for coach to coach but the general concept of the play is universally the same. a protection, routes , and formation are usually embedded in the play call.

That is one question some had. The other big one with him is that he can be a bit spacey as they put it. Where he just kind of goes into his own world. At this point we just don't know. I do know for this upcoming season if they want him to be success they better simplify some things for him. From what I understand Kubiak's playbook it is not so much the plays are complicated but remembering the play call can be. IT might take 15 seconds just to call the play in the huddle. So simplify things where he is having to think about those types of things less and just focus on the field. Mix in some of what he did in college to make him a bit more comfortable and just see what happens.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone was labeling Winston as the next savior coming out. him and luck were by FAR the best on field qb prospects in the last 10 years (that I can think of...) at least from what I saw and heard

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch just came off of his rookie year and played in two and a half games. It is ridiculously too early to be counting him out or labeling him a bust. I'm pretty sure no one was touting Winston, Mariota or Carr as the next saviors in their rookie campaigns that they were able to start in every game. Sometimes I can't believe how fickle fans can be with their expectations that players are superstars right out of the draft.

I thought Siemian had a very good first year as the starter and arguably still has upside. We don't even know what Paxton Lynch can become but his physical abilities give him decent odds that he could develop into something special. It's just going to take time, a better offensive line and a running game that can support both of these young QB's. I remain at greater than 50% confidence that either Siemian or Lynch is going to be our starter and going to be pretty damn good.

I think a lot of people look at players like Dak who have instant success and wonder why our guy can't do that. I would argue that each player offers a different opportunity for a team. Dak I think was/is further along in his development. Also just listening to some people that know the Cowboys better than me they really simplified things this year for him to help him be successful. A lot of plays they would make it where he only had a couple of reads and they would be to the same side of the field. So when you only have that kind of responsibility it makes a young QB much more comfortable and then you can slowly add to the plate as time goes on. I'm hoping some of that happens here with Paxton where they simplify and see what happens.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its not so much that we are giving up on him. He deserves a shake based on investment alone, just DC and I were not crazy on his tape coming out. Poor mechanics (footwork under center was a huge questionmark, only really used in goalline packages, VERY long throwing motion, not asked to make NFL throws in his offense with any consistency and when he was, they were either beautiful or out of bounds). Add to that questions I had heard about work ethic and intelligence (along with an offense that was screen after screen, not asked to diagnose defenses or throw guys open) and I always considered him a guy I wanted to avoid going into the draft.

Just my 2 cents. Too early to give up on him and I REALLY HOPE he turns into a star

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Elway's guy. If Lynch fails you will have to call into question Elway's evaluation of QBs.

Weeden (before Manning very high on him) , Brock (drafted before Wilson and then offered $16MM) , Lynch (traded up)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Elway's guy. If Lynch fails you will have to call into question Elway's evaluation of QBs.

Weeden (before Manning very high on him) , Brock (drafted before Wilson and then offered $16MM) , Lynch (traded up)
Yea and O line. Ironically he has been brilliant drafting defense

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I seen this name ANYWHERE before???????

Great to see you, Pump! Better get your butt out here to ski - all time great conditions at lots of the resorts.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare you come on this board and give Trevor props and totally diss Lynch ! Do you realize that the majority of NFL " qualified " personal including Denver's coaching staff and players have stated that Trevor, with an O line that couldn't pass pro or run block , showed a lot of potential , poise ,toughness,etc despite all that ,and these same people including many fans saw that Lynch has a long way to go to even give Trevor any competition for starting gig next yr by what he has shown so far. Do you actually realize you made a very legitimate observation and post ? What is wrong with you ! Shame on you!
Funny! At least one person got it. It was a fun rub on the Lynch homers and Trevor downers. Sarcasm 101 knuckleheads. :) I love it though