• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben, Brady, Rodgers, Ryan

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a question because I thought Dak was just as behind the eight ball as Lynch coming out as far as playing behind center, run option style offense etc. Just curious. How was Daks situation coming into NFL more beneficial to adapting than Lynch's ?. I thought they favored Lynch more as far as scouting goes and that's why Lynch went rd 1 and Dak in 4th ( not to mention that team had Lynch rated higher also) Just wondering what " advantages " exactly.
Never mind. Thought you meant coming out of college. My bad. Yes, having the run game in Dallas was very advantageous

Just a few points on this...

1) Dak played in a different system than what Paxton played in. Paxton was more of a quick screen/deep out route type system from the shot gun. Dak's was more he actually make some reads on the field and have multiple routes being run. So the difference in switching to the NFL was a lot more of a jump than that for Dak.

2) I have no problem saying that some of the QB's taken before and after Paxton were much more refined coming out of college. Paxton's college coaches really did him very few favors. They ran a very simple system and more so than being great mentally it was about being gifted physically to run the system. Doesn't mean that Paxton can't handle more it is he ran what was put before him. This is why in my opinion opinions on Paxton were so varied. Some look at that and say "this kid is too much of a project" where others see that physical ability and say "we can mold this kid into a super star."

3) Part of Dak's fall actually had nothing to do with his work on the field but his problems off of it. He got arrested a couple of days after his pro day for DUI and from what I understand when asked about it teams found him very dismissive and almost hostile. Before the arrest though most had him as a 2nd round pick. Heck Broncos had him next on their QB board so they really did like him as well.

4) Prescott from what I understand was very difficult to get a good read on his game from college. He played behind a terrible OL so most of his throws seemed to be with him running all over the place and just making something happen. This made his mechanics look terrible and teams thought maybe the beating he took would be weighing on him when he got to the pros.