• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben, Brady, Rodgers, Ryan

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people look at players like Dak who have instant success and wonder why our guy can't do that. I would argue that each player offers a different opportunity for a team. Dak I think was/is further along in his development. Also just listening to some people that know the Cowboys better than me they really simplified things this year for him to help him be successful. A lot of plays they would make it where he only had a couple of reads and they would be to the same side of the field. So when you only have that kind of responsibility it makes a young QB much more comfortable and then you can slowly add to the plate as time goes on. I'm hoping some of that happens here with Paxton where they simplify and see what happens.

AND having the best offensive line and running game in the NFL didn't hurt. That sometimes is forgotten when looking at Dak Prescott's rookie season.

I know that Paxton Lynch may not work out but it's not like John Elway is only one to see upside. He was projected to be a 1st or 2nd round QB pick and there were several teams that were hoping to land him. Too many people were pretty high on Lynch for it to just be a complete fluke and Elway operating in a vacuum. Of course, only time will tell.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND having the best offensive line and running game in the NFL didn't hurt. That sometimes is forgotten when looking at Dak Prescott's rookie season.

I know that Paxton Lynch may not work out but it's not like John Elway is only one to see upside. He was projected to be a 1st or 2nd round QB pick and there were several teams that were hoping to land him. Too many people were pretty high on Lynch for it to just be a complete fluke and Elway operating in a vacuum. Of course, only time will tell.

Agreed. Yeah Dak had a lot of advantages that most rookie QB's do not get. It was a situation set up for him to have success and kudos to him for taking advantage.

And you are right other teams saw Paxton as a future high quality starting QB in this league. He was a controversial player though as some had him as a top-10 prospect (like the Broncos) and others had him around 3rd round type prospect. So he has plenty of high upside but also a very low floor.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well see he invited me to prom and I said yes but somehow he heard me say no and got mad and stormed off. I guess he didn't want me to say Yes? Maybe he misheard me? Seems to happen every once in a while.
That's not exactly how it happened. I did ask him and he said no because after he had time to analyze and look at previous "prom film " where I apparently didn't follow his prom playbook to his satisfaction. I think DC ended up going with him. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not exactly how it happened. I did ask him and he said no because after he had time to analyze and look at previous "prom film " where I apparently didn't follow his prom playbook to his satisfaction. I think DC ended up going with him. :)

And DC and I had a very lovely time. He was a complete gentleman and nobody on this board has the dance moves of DC.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Yeah Dak had a lot of advantages that most rookie QB's do not get. It was a situation set up for him to have success and kudos to him for taking advantage.

And you are right other teams saw Paxton as a future high quality starting QB in this league. He was a controversial player though as some had him as a top-10 prospect (like the Broncos) and others had him around 3rd round type prospect. So he has plenty of high upside but also a very low floor.
This is just a question because I thought Dak was just as behind the eight ball as Lynch coming out as far as playing behind center, run option style offense etc. Just curious. How was Daks situation coming into NFL more beneficial to adapting than Lynch's ?. I thought they favored Lynch more as far as scouting goes and that's why Lynch went rd 1 and Dak in 4th ( not to mention that team had Lynch rated higher also) Just wondering what " advantages " exactly.
Never mind. Thought you meant coming out of college. My bad. Yes, having the run game in Dallas was very advantageous

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the only thing that's certain now is that it looks like the Cowboys have their quarterback of the future and the Broncos just don't know yet. Although I would like to see Lynch become the man, I still think it could be Siemian. If Siemian can build on what he did this past season, he may very well be the starter for some time to come. I'm actually in the camp that I appreciate we may have two young options.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the only thing that's certain now is that it looks like the Cowboys have their quarterback of the future and the Broncos just don't know yet. Although I would like to see Lynch become the man, I still think it could be Siemian. If Siemian can build on what he did this past season, he may very well be the starter for some time to come. I'm actually in the camp that I appreciate we may have two young options.
Yeah. I would like to see what he would do with a o line and run game and I've never ever said Lynch can't or won't end up being a quality starter. I just think he needs more time and if Denver were to really improve that O line this season, Trevor would still beat him out. This season. 2018 could be totally different. And I certainly don't see any logic trading Trevor before that considering the options out there and the need to get a running game to really gauge Trevor and Lynch's potential going forward.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny! At least one person got it. It was a fun rub on the Lynch homers and Trevor downers. Sarcasm 101 knuckleheads. :) I love it though

I know sarcasm. Sarcasm is a friend of mine. You sir, are not sarcastic. Just caustic.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, nice to see you PUMPER!!!!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have Lynch homers and Siemian downers, what about Siemian homers?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I seen this name ANYWHERE before???????

Great to see you, Pump! Better get your butt out here to ski - all time great conditions at lots of the resorts.

Great to see you, too, Mr. Springstein. I found you guys by googling "Springstein, Draft Crazy, LGM, Mingo and Ed Reeeeeed". I had returned to KFFL some time ago to find a smoldering ruin of Broncos knowledge and it just occurred to me to use google to see if I could catch up with you all.

Epic snow in CO! Have you been able to take advantage of it? I may make a spring appearance. Pun intended. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see you, too, Mr. Springstein. I found you guys by googling "Springstein, Draft Crazy, LGM, Mingo and Ed Reeeeeed". I had returned to KFFL some time ago to find a smoldering ruin of Broncos knowledge and it just occurred to me to use google to see if I could catch up with you all.

Epic snow in CO! Have you been able to take advantage of it? I may make a spring appearance. Pun intended. :)

Well Welcome to the Hoop. This has become a place for lost fans. We have some from CBS, ESPN, and KFFL that had their boards just destroyed. Great place to come though and talk to some great Bronco fans. Best board I have ever been a part of by far.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This proves - there is a God! Great to see you Pumpfake.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, pumpfakes are cool. Big ben has a killer one.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pump is a great guy.

Just 100% undependable! ;)