• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beltran would consider coming back if the Giants improve the offense

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Beltran wasn't lobbying for someone such as Prince Fielder or Albert Pujols to protect him in the lineup. He'd rather see the Giants acquire a catalyst like Jose Reyes, his former Mets teammate."

I think we can all agree on this. Leadoff hitter priority numero uno this offseason.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reyes is going to get around 20 mill per right? so we'd be adding 35 mill between the two. i dont see this happening.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reyes is going to get around 20 mill per right? so we'd be adding 35 mill between the two. i dont see this happening.

Agreed. Beltran and Reyes have both been discussed here a lot. Most of us are opposed to both, mainly because of injury history and the amount of years they'd want. Reyes will probably command between 15-18 million.

If they both came in at a discount, hell yeah! But that just doesn't happen these days.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they'll want to do a Lebron/Wade/Bosh thing and take a discount. highly doubtful.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They each took like a $2 million discount. BIG DEAL! ;)

Lebron(Reyes in this) could have gotten way more than he did.

Wade too actually.

Now we just need David Wright to come over and complete the trifecta

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reyes-SS
Franchez-2B
Pujols-1B
Beltran-LF
Pablo-3B
Posey-C
Nate-RF
Ross/Torres-CF

yes please

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Reyes has missed around 200 games in the last three years....Not the guy I would throw 9 figures at.

Don't think we have a shot, but someone is going to pick LoMo up for cheap this off season. Supposedly, Stubbs is going to be shopped as well

Personally, I want the ever so elusive "Big Bat", but I'm a fan, so of course I want it all!!!
But, if Posey, Huff, and Panda all come back strong next year, then that middle of the order should be fine.

Our top priority this off-season as far as acquisitions go, needs to be CF and SS. Then worry about the rest. Hopefully we can get Ramirez and Casilla on friendly arb deals and flip them while their stock is high.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reyes has missed around 200 games in the last three years....Not the guy I would throw 9 figures at.

Don't think we have a shot, but someone is going to pick LoMo up for cheap this off season. Supposedly, Stubbs is going to be shopped as well

Personally, I want the ever so elusive "Big Bat", but I'm a fan, so of course I want it all!!!
But, if Posey, Huff, and Panda all come back strong next year, then that middle of the order should be fine.

Our top priority this off-season as far as acquisitions go, needs to be CF and SS. Then worry about the rest. Hopefully we can get Ramirez and Casilla on friendly arb deals and flip them while their stock is high.

You've seen our replacements in the Pen, do you want those guys given key roles in the 7th/8th inning?

LoMo would be a good guy to target though, similar to the Rasmus situation (and the Cards gave him away). We would need to find a position for him, he's a firstbase men playing LF. We already have 2 capable ones. Stubbs isn't that good.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However unrealistic, I want Beltran.

He was brought in to improve the offense but who could carry a lineup with 5/6 automatic outs every night?

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You've seen our replacements in the Pen, do you want those guys given key roles in the 7th/8th inning?

LoMo would be a good guy to target though, similar to the Rasmus situation (and the Cards gave him away). We would need to find a position for him, he's a firstbase men playing LF. We already have 2 capable ones. Stubbs isn't that good.

They're not this good, look at their numbers before they got here. Relievers are as chaotic as they come. If you can get two that had a history of sucking ass to throw up 2 good seasons in a row, you cash in. Doesn't really matter though, they'll both decline arb and get a decent pay day. Our pen is about to get hit like the Rays did last year, because what they'll earn in arb > actual value.

LoMos' fielding percentage in LF is .978, which is around average for the position. Plus, it was his position in college and high school.

Only problem is, he ripped Sabean really badly after his Scott Cousins comments. Dunno if Sabes will be willing to suck up his pride and get the deal done.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I live in NY I have seen Beltran quite a bit before the trade. He struggled when he arrived here but the man can rake. His career stats confirm that. As SFAnthem stated how was he supposed to save this team when everything around him didn't produce either. When he arrived we hit a stretch of games where we had problems getting more than 4 hits in a game. Even if he goes 3-4 (without a HR) in those games it's questionable if we score. Reyes on the other hand always seems to be injuried at some point in any season, but he represents exactly what we need (when healthy). He addresses our two biggest flaws. A SS and a lead-off man.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No way does the team acquire both Beltran and Reyes. I'm not 100% that the Giants will make any real effort to sign a big bat...period. I can see management thinking that with Posey back...Sandoval hitting...Sanchez back...Belt developing....and Huff bouncing back the offense will be good enough with our pitching.

Unfortunately, I can see this case being made...