• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Been a way for a week

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it breaks a bunch of hearts on here but I was on vacation and missed out on some things. I didn't get to see the entire NYG game but I did catch most of the last quarter. Here are some things I noticed:

1) RG3 played a nice game against NY. Just by looking at the last possession, we had three drops. That's insane. RG3 did what he had to in order to win the game but his "playmakers" let him down. We can't blame the refs because Garcon caught that pass to make it a first down and we still had plenty of time to win the game.

2) Maybe I'm wrong but it's not that our OL is continually being overpowered but it has a huge communication problem. We can't pick up a five man rush because they can't figure out who is supposed to block who. God forbid the other team brings pressure through an inside blitz, particularly between Montgomery and Chester. They can't even figure out who blocks who on a simple stunt.

3) RAK had the best game he's had in a couple of years. Kerrigan seems hurt and Jenkins should get a few more snaps because of it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it breaks a bunch of hearts on here but I was on vacation and missed out on some things. I didn't get to see the entire NYG game but I did catch most of the last quarter. Here are some things I noticed:

1) RG3 played a nice game against NY. Just by looking at the last possession, we had three drops. That's insane. RG3 did what he had to in order to win the game but his "playmakers" let him down. We can't blame the refs because Garcon caught that pass to make it a first down and we still had plenty of time to win the game.

2) Maybe I'm wrong but it's not that our OL is continually being overpowered but it has a huge communication problem. We can't pick up a five man rush because they can't figure out who is supposed to block who. God forbid the other team brings pressure through an inside blitz, particularly between Montgomery and Chester. They can't even figure out who blocks who on a simple stunt.

3) RAK had the best game he's had in a couple of years. Kerrigan seems hurt and Jenkins should get a few more snaps because of it.

Good observations. My take - 1.) Yep - I would not blame refs & who really cares at this pt - a loss may be better in the long run since it underlies the need for change. RG3 did well for the most part & yes there were too many drops.

2.) I would agree there were communications problems in some cases (particularly one play where someone forgot to pickup Tuck on a blocking switch). Points to yet another coaching failure. However - I still believe that they need a new RT since Polumbus just does not appear to be capable of playing against the better pass rushers in the NFL.

3.) Agree. Just makes me think that if next season they pickup just one additional pass rusher the pass rush could be effective provided that they switch out the defensive coaching staff (to ensure that players are being used correctly for the entire game). Would also be nice if the stupid refs would call holding every once in a while!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got to wonder if Rak's best performance sunday was partially due to Baker being in there and not Bowen. Bowen has been a disappointment this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got to wonder if Rak's best performance sunday was partially due to Baker being in there and not Bowen. Bowen has been a disappointment this year.

in bowens defense he was toughing out a knee injury all year long however it was disappointing

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought the same thing j_y and that left tackle was swiss cheese. He also gave up a sack to Jackson. Cofield got good pressure also. Still if the tackle sucks you are supposed to take advantage of it so kudos to Orakpo.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are the way

the truth

and the life

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off