• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Because we need another Cousins thread

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the talk of a trade heating up - what would it take for you to feel comfortable trading Kirk?

Would you be ok with swapping #17 for #2?
Would you need 5 1sts?
Whats your price on Kirk if youre calling the shots?

Note: Not what you think we can/will get but what it would actually take for you to make the deal if you were running things.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take no less than 1st and 2nd this year, plus a 1st next year.

We are going to need a QB, which means either over drafting one this year, or trying to trade up for Darnold next year which is going to be expensive.

I wouldnt be OK with Swapping the #2 for the #17 because odds are we are either going to ignore the defense until later in the draft or we would plan to start McCoy or a retread if we ended up losing the #17

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has set the standard for compensation at two 1sts. To me that's the bottom line, I'm asking for and accepting no less than 2 1sts. I would be open to negotiating one of them (likely the 2018 ) in exchange for a boatload of others (a 2,3 and 4). I'm set at QB with another conditional trade and looking at minimum one win in the playoffs.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has set the standard for compensation at two 1sts. To me that's the bottom line, I'm asking for and accepting no less than 2 1sts. I would be open to negotiating one of them (likely the 2018 ) in exchange for a boatload of others (a 2,3 and 4). I'm set at QB with another conditional trade and looking at minimum one win in the playoffs.

Then you turn off your Xbox & are faced w/ reality.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No trades are happening

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tagged twice. Should have just paid him

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take no less than 1st and 2nd this year, plus a 1st next year.

We are going to need a QB, which means either over drafting one this year, or trying to trade up for Darnold next year which is going to be expensive.

I wouldnt be OK with Swapping the #2 for the #17 because odds are we are either going to ignore the defense until later in the draft or we would plan to start McCoy or a retread if we ended up losing the #17

What if I was GM (I know you'd love that :D) and promised you Grudens job was safe next year. AKA we'd be less desperate to force a qb solution. Does that change anything?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if I was GM (I know you'd love that :D) and promised you Grudens job was safe next year. AKA we'd be less desperate to force a qb solution. Does that change anything?

The only way to promise Grudens job would be to extend him. And that wouldnt change my minimum acceptable, because we would still need a QB. So Im going to need the resources to get one.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well fellas i have said all along he would be franchised tagged which he now has been to the exclusive one

next KC will sign that tender because it is in his best interest to do so

this will also happen

the skins will be forced to negotiate a real deal , which they will

if not we slap the transition tag on him in 18

you heard it from me first

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way to promise Grudens job would be to extend him. And that wouldnt change my minimum acceptable, because we would still need a QB. So Im going to need the resources to get one.

Fair enough. I'm not saying what you'd want is wrong either cuz I'm not really sure what I'd need for him. But if I'm running the team Grudens pretty safe.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well fellas i have said all along he would be franchised tagged which he now has been to the exclusive one

next KC will sign that tender because it is in his best interest to do so

this will also happen

the skins will be forced to negotiate a real deal , which they will

if not we slap the transition tag on him in 18

you heard it from me first

Not to steal your thunder but aside from the transition tag bit several of us have been expecting all this for a while now I believe.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to steal your thunder but aside from the transition tag bit several of us have been expecting all this for a while now I believe.
well based on the kazillion threads i think people forgot :D and besides let the blowhard moderator toot his own horn

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the question is literally what would it take for you to do it not what will happen.

Don't worry about it man, this is a one way personal thing with this guy. Hopefully, in time he learns that there's more than one way to be a fan/follower of this team.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the question is literally what would it take for you to do it not what will happen.

Was responding to the basic predication that this team would improve without Cousins by picking up some backup from another team & winning at least one playoff game next season. I suppose that anything is possible. Sorry - didn't mean to go in a tangent.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was responding to the basic predication that this team would improve without Cousins by picking up some backup from another team & winning at least one playoff game next season. I suppose that anything is possible. Sorry - didn't mean to go in a tangent.

Thing is, I know that they will improve with the guy that I suggested they get. Just because you don't buy it doesn't make it any less so from my perspective. All I've asked is that others here do as I have and take an objective look. Hell, I even did the homework for everyone. This is all dependent upon Kirk not being here of course, and that is not team hating, not being a "Real fan" or loving/ hating some former player. Not wanting to deal with the idea that we could have another QB behind center because of trade, injury, poor performance, or refusal to play here is just shortsighted.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, I know that they will improve with the guy that I suggested they get. Just because you don't buy it doesn't make it any less so from my perspective. All I've asked is that others here do as I have and take an objective look. Hell, I even did the homework for everyone. This is all dependent upon Kirk not being here of course, and that is not team hating, not being a "Real fan" or loving/ hating some former player. Not wanting to deal with the idea that we could have another QB behind center because of trade, injury, poor performance, or refusal to play here is just shortsighted.
nothing on film i have seen makes me believe he will