• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Because it is about safety

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maximum effort is 100%. It can't be exceeded and that's what codaxx was referencing. It is irrational to state that 110% effort was given. Get it?

Apparently you nor Codaxx have ever played ball. My ball coaches always spoke of giving 110%, this meant play your best game every time you stepped on the field. Glad you guys live in such a literal world, but you should lighten up with the 110% reference, its a figure of speech, you know, like dumber than a box of rocks.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For his next proposal Saban will ask that opposing OC's must tell him what play they intend to run next so he can adjust his defensive personnel accordingly. Wait, isn't that what this proposal is anyway in a roundabout way...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is the Bama style football is less safe than the HUNH?

At some positions it probably is and thats why it needs to be looked at, which is all Saban is asking for.

Realistically though, if you have 12 games a year plus a CCG, and a bowl game and you play an average of 85 plays per game, thats 1190 plays. If you have an average of 65 plays per game, thats 910 plays. That averages out to almost 3.3 games more worth of plays per year and over 280 plays more worth of chances to get hurt, its simple mathematics. Not to mention the wear and tear on these kids bodies who hope to have a possible long career in the NFL(for those lucky enough to make it).

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some positions it probably is and thats why it needs to be looked at, which is all Saban is asking for.

Realistically though, if you have 12 games a year plus a CCG, and a bowl game and you play an average of 85 plays per game, thats 1190 plays. If you have an average of 65 plays per game, thats 910 plays. That averages out to almost 3.3 games more worth of plays per year and over 280 plays more worth of chances to get hurt, its simple mathematics. Not to mention the wear and tear on these kids bodies who hope to have a possible long career in the NFL(for those lucky enough to make it).

Got news for you Saban doesn't want his "style" evaluated he wants others to be. Want kids to be healthy don't put 50 to 60 lbs on them in only 3 months and try to keep your players under 300lbs. Very few bodies can take the strain of 300+ lbs not to mention the joint, obesity and diabetes risks these players face later in life.

You got it right Saban's "trench style" football does subject players to much more impact and possible injury. We probably should ban it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got news for you Saban doesn't want his "style" evaluated he wants others to be. Want kids to be healthy don't put 50 to 60 lbs on them in only 3 months and try to keep your players under 300lbs. Very few bodies can take the strain of 300+ lbs not to mention the joint, obesity and diabetes risks these players face later in life.

You got it right Saban's "trench style" football does subject players to much more impact and possible injury. We probably should ban it.

He knows that if they look at one style, they will use another as a measuring stick, dont think he's that blind to how it works.

Many of these kids come with the weight already on them, the schools just turn it from fat into muscle(in many cases). All these coaches can do is use what they have and try to mold them into prototype players for a certain position. They also try to help the kids reach their potential for the NFL style players at their position. I dont care one way or another if they institute a rule or not, in the end its not like Bama has been losing to HUHN teams every time they play them and this years defense was not nearly on par with what Bama has had in years past.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you nor Codaxx have ever played ball. My ball coaches always spoke of giving 110%, this meant play your best game every time you stepped on the field. Glad you guys live in such a literal world, but you should lighten up with the 110% reference, its a figure of speech, you know, like dumber than a box of rocks.

... and your coaches didn't know what they were talking about, probably because they took too many hits to the head.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and your coaches didn't know what they were talking about, probably because they took too many hits to the head.

Let me help you understand better, apparently you dont know as much as you think you do about life and the use of the English language.

Figure of speech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll keep using that phrase as it gets my message across to my employees and has gotten me where I am today. Good luck with your tiny 100% effort

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help you understand better, apparently you dont know as much as you think you do about life and the use of the English language.

Figure of speech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll keep using that phrase as it gets my message across to my employees and has gotten me where I am today. Good luck with your tiny 100% effort

Writing about English while making an error by using "dont" instead of "don't" is just too funny :lame:

If I was your employee, I would have explained to you that you are being unrealistic, just before I quit and got a better job and boss.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
110% is a way of speaking, it speaks to them giving maximum effort or that teams best game. He wasnt speaking in terms of them giving more than they had to give, but you took it literal so you could post something cute with no real substance. Bama has had a target on their backs and does get every teams best game(most times) this is no secret.

I dont believe that. That is BS. Players play. I actually bet it works both ways. People get down a score and quit. I think things like this and words like "clutch" and "moxie" are sports mysticism that only serve to cloud the truth

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I played until I graduated from college. I heard the saying. I just realized it was stupid and should never be repeated.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Writing about English while making an error by using "dont" instead of "don't" is just too funny :lame:

If I was your employee, I would have explained to you that you are being unrealistic, just before I quit and got a better job and boss.

Seriously? Did you just write this? This tells us so much (a)bout you it's chilling. You are one anal person! Then again I have read your posts so I should already know these things. I wanted to, kind of-sort of, just write "bout" as a quick shorthand on a message board but wasn't sure how you would take it so I included the (a) with emphasis! :suds:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So posting with a tablet affords me the opportunity to not use punctuation sometimes, apparently it didn't do it for me. My speaking about English was as a figure of speech, not the grammar end of it...again with the literal.

As for you ever being able to be my employee, this would never happen, you couldn't pass the interview in the first place and secondly I don't hire quitters. Besides why would you want to be in the top 20% in the country as far as pay is concerned. http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...e-america-even-more-broke-than-you-think.html

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So posting with a tablet affords me the opportunity to not use punctuation sometimes, apparently it didn't do it for me. My speaking about English was as a figure of speech, not the grammar end of it...again with the literal.

As for you ever being able to be my employee, this would never happen, you couldn't pass the interview in the first place and secondly I don't hire quitters. Besides why would you want to be in the top 20% in the country as far as pay is concerned. http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...e-america-even-more-broke-than-you-think.html

Where do I send my resume?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do I send my resume?

More than likely you wouldn't pass the interview either, not saying you're not smart, but what I do is highly specialized and requires multiple computer certifications that require many years of time on the job to get. Some of my guys are in the top 10% or better in pay.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than likely you wouldn't pass the interview either, not saying you're not smart, but what I do is highly specialized and requires multiple computer certifications that require many years of time on the job to get. Some of my guys are in the top 10% or better in pay.

I take it that is YOUR elephant sucking water out of YOUR pool in the avi Bo?

IS that an NSA qualified job Bo? IF SO...I'm a sneaky lil' shit....:laugh3:

NICE!
:suds:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No more than likely about it. No way would I pass. It's all I can do to turn on my computer and get online.:lol:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more than likely about it. No way would I pass. It's all I can do to turn on my computer and get online.:lol:

What I do is not for everyone and finding applicants can be hard sometimes. I am the guy that can get into your computer from my house, lock you out and take everything you own....but on the ethical side so I would never use it for gain like that. I specialize in Network Security and secure/private network access.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it that is YOUR elephant sucking water out of YOUR pool in the avi Bo?

IS that an NSA qualified job Bo? IF SO...I'm a sneaky lil' shit....:laugh3:

NICE!
:suds:

I wish, but its against the law to own an Elephant or to paint an Elephant Crimson, so i cant have one in my state.

I lost a couple of guys recently to the NSA, bastards came in and offered them better benefits(not better pay) but the retirement I cant touch. I knew I shouldn't have done that government contract.:doh:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I do is not for everyone and finding applicants can be hard sometimes. I am the guy that can get into your computer from my house, lock you out and take everything you own....but on the ethical side so I would never use it for gain like that. I specialize in Network Security and secure/private network access.

:shocked:

Seriously though, that's pretty cool. I find computers fascinating, but just haven't had the time to really learn much other than surfing the net, etc.

One day, I'm sure that I'll break down and learn a good deal more (even if it means taking classes), just to satisfy my curiosity if nothing else.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shocked:

Seriously though, that's pretty cool. I find computers fascinating, but just haven't had the time to really learn much other than surfing the net, etc.

One day, I'm sure that I'll break down and learn a good deal more (even if it means taking classes), just to satisfy my curiosity if nothing else.

You can learn all you want from Youtube videos if all you want is basics. If you want more than Chrome has apps that teach code writing and programming languages. You can learn all you want without paying for classes if all you want is to learn how they work and to use them better, maybe how to remove your own viruses and stuff like that. Its all at your fingertips on the internet. I got my first computer in high school An old Texas instruments that hooked up to a TV, that got me started and from there it took off.