• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Because it is about safety

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bama has been the premier team for the last 6 seasons or so... Every team gives them their absolute best efforts at 110%. It can make a whole team's season. Heck, a Heisman Trophy can essentially be won by beating Alabama and a bunch a scrubs. Logically, it stands to reason that Alabama players probably take more punishment. Every team that plays them is making it their superbowl the last 6 years or so....

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bama has been the premier team for the last 6 seasons or so... Every team gives them their absolute best efforts at 110%. It can make a whole team's season. Heck, a Heisman Trophy can essentially be won by beating Alabama and a bunch a scrubs. Logically, it stands to reason that Alabama players probably take more punishment. Every team that plays them is making it their superbowl the last 6 years or so....

Voice of reason in a sea of ignorance. Add in that Saban's style of play does tend to wear down the trench workers more than most of your HUHN O and D-line players. Not surprised someone would come up with an article about Saban and injuries, stands to reason.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voice of reason in a sea of ignorance. Add in that Saban's style of play does tend to wear down the trench workers more than most of your HUHN O and D-line players. Not surprised someone would come up with an article about Saban and injuries, stands to reason.

Only a Bama fan would say "teams giving 110%" is the voice of reason

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a Bama fan would say "teams giving 110%" is the voice of reason

So by this I take it that you dont feel that Bama has been the team that gets everyones best in recent years. Thats all I can take from what you said. I thought what Horns said was very well put and spot on, Sorry if this differed from your opinion...or am I.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't get it. No one or team ever gives more than 100% effort. Think about it for a moment of two before you respond.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense why so many Bama players aren't living up to expectations in the NFL.....

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the NFL.
If there's anything left for the NFL, then you didn't get all you could get at the college level.
That's what a head coach is suppose to do.

What are college coaches going to do, apologize for using them up?
Uh, sorry.

I hear what you're saying, but I'm 100% sure that coaches like Saban are telling their recruits that "your chances of playing in the NFL are higher if you come to my program."

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't get it. No one or team ever gives more than 100% effort. Think about it for a moment of two before you respond.

110% is a way of speaking, it speaks to them giving maximum effort or that teams best game. He wasnt speaking in terms of them giving more than they had to give, but you took it literal so you could post something cute with no real substance. Bama has had a target on their backs and does get every teams best game(most times) this is no secret.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you're saying, but I'm 100% sure that coaches like Saban are telling their recruits that "your chances of playing in the NFL are higher if you come to my program."

Sure they are, its no secret that TV exposure, big games and title games will get a recruit looked at in a much brighter light than a kid who plays a Podunk U. This is a recruiting tool used by all the big name school, even Spurrier uses it as a tool.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
110% is a way of speaking, it speaks to them giving maximum effort or that teams best game. He wasnt speaking in terms of them giving more than they had to give, but you took it literal so you could post something cute with no real substance. Bama has had a target on their backs and does get every teams best game(most times) this is no secret.

Don't worry......that target will be gone soon :suds:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry......that target will be gone soon :suds:

Its on your back this year and its not easy dodging bullets every week, we'll see what Malzahn is made of this year.

Saban has a loaded team this year if his QB coming in pans out, the defense got a big shot in the arm with those two CB's and line help. We gone have a defense like the past strong ones, all we need is King Henry to deliver the rock to the endzone like he did in the Oklahoma game and we will be set.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they are, its no secret that TV exposure, big games and title games will get a recruit looked at in a much brighter light than a kid who plays a Podunk U. This is a recruiting tool used by all the big name school, even Spurrier uses it as a tool.

I don't doubt for a second that Spurrier says this to his recruits.

Coaches are one part snake oil salesman; they sit in the kid's house, telling his momma and daddy "I'll get your boy to the pros" when they ought to be saying, "lookit, I don't give a shit WHERE your boy winds up in four years, I'm trying to keep MY job!"

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt for a second that Spurrier says this to his recruits.

Coaches are one part snake oil salesman; they sit in the kid's house, telling his momma and daddy "I'll get your boy to the pros" when they ought to be saying, "lookit, I don't give a shit WHERE your boy winds up in four years, I'm trying to keep MY job!"

Thats a bit too honest, but it would probably work for a select few, they would still go no matter what.:lol:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's been a saying in sports forever! You ever play? :rollseyes:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's been a saying in sports forever! You ever play? :rollseyes:

Just because it's been said for years doesn't mean it's right and it's a stupid saying that can't be true. My favorite bar bet is to state that the sun will not rise in the morning and I so enjoy it if some dummy bets that the sun will rise in the morning. After they put the money on the table, I take it and explain the science of how the earth rotates bringing the sun into view.

I played several sports, the best I ever did was give my best, which was 100%. No one can ever give more than 100% effort.:nod:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maximum effort is 100%. It can't be exceeded and that's what codaxx was referencing. It is irrational to state that 110% effort was given. Get it?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what you're saying is the Bama style football is less safe than the HUNH?