• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'Beast Quake' aftershocks still felt

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Beast Quake' aftershocks still felt

Many of those who were on the field that day swear they remember the ground quaking beneath their feet when Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch went "Beast Mode" on the New Orleans Saints.

And technically, they're not exaggerating. Seismic activity was actually recorded outside the Seahawks' home stadium during Lynch's stunning 67-yard touchdown run that clinched a 41-36 playoff victory over the reigning Super Bowl champions on Jan. 8, 2011.

In truth, it was Seattle's raucous "12th Man" crowd that shook the stands enough to produce those vibrations in the ground. But the way that run is remembered, it's almost as though Lynch was shaking the earth himself with each thunderous step -- like he was Paul Bunyan in football pads -- while he tossed aside a series of Saints defenders on his way into the end zone.

"Best run I've ever seen in my life," Seahawks left tackle Russell Okung, one of Lynch's linemen that day, said last week. "It was very exhilarating. I kind of stopped and watched at one point, just in awe. I was amazed."

Like any good modern-day tall tale, the video has become a YouTube sensation. And you'll see the highlight countless times Monday, leading up to the rematch between the Seahawks (10-1) and Saints (9-2) on ESPN's "Monday Night Football."

You'll see Lynch emerging from a scrum at the line of scrimmage, bouncing free from his first broken tackle. Then you'll see him gain momentum as he bursts through a series of hapless defenders, hopelessly trying to bring him down with an arm tackle or a leg grab. Then you'll see the stiff-arm -- or was it a left hook? -- that sent cornerback Tracy Porter reeling and cemented Lynch's run as one of the all-time classics.

But if you weren't there to experience it firsthand, well, then, you'll just have to settle for the legend.

"If you wasn't in this stadium to see it and to hear it, I feel that you're bein' shortchanged by watching the video. It was that damn loud," Lynch said recently when he opened up to ESPN's "E:60" for a rare interview. "That was Beast Mode."

Rest at link and another vid,,,,Epic run by Marshawn Lynch still reverberates for Seattle Seahawks and New Orleans Saints - ESPN

Last edited by a moderator:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, it was cool, but get over it. It was over 2 years ago now

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot how horrific the "tackling" was on that play.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, it was cool, but get over it. It was over 2 years ago now

That is my thought too.... It was a cool run but the Saints Defense is not nearly as soft now as it was then.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my thought too.... It was a cool run but the Saints Defense is not nearly as soft now as it was then.

Yah Lynch is just an average RB and it was just soft tackles,,,Thanks for the trade by the way.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:Like SB Trophy's?

Does this have anything to do with anything that's been discussed in this thread? Stick to the topic at hand clown.

You act like that was a SB winning run, which it wasn't it was a wild-card game. But hey, if that's al lyour striving for then kudos

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this have anything to do with anything that's been discussed in this thread? Stick to the topic at hand clown.

You act like that was a SB winning run, which it wasn't it was a wild-card game. But hey, if that's al lyour striving for then kudos

Hmm i detect some anger,my SB trophy reference has to do with the many times us Hawk fans have to hear that,you know that so don't act like that is new or you didnt know where i was going.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't honestly think about that, I try to steer clear of Seahawks/Niner arguments . It was just a comment out of left field to me

Last edited by a moderator:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was probably the single greatest run in playoff history. This is a sports forum. Don't want to talk about it? See yourself out.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot how horrific the "tackling" was on that play.
Watching Lynch run week in and week out, it's interesting how suddenly the tackling gets so horrific everytime he touches the ball

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was probably the single greatest run in playoff history. This is a sports forum. Don't want to talk about it? See yourself out.

Exactly a 7-9 team and i remember well all the talking heads stating that the Hawks had no chance and people even starting a petition to change the rules on teams being allowed to go the playoffs,,,,

What happened? the SB champs came to Seattle and got beat,it just wasnt this run the emergence of LOB was coming and the passing of Hasselback and questions about the Hawks,,then there was the "Beastquake" of course.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOu don't got to explain it to me, I seen Tebow beat the no. 1 dfense in the playoffs. I know all about great playoff experiences, but you don't see Broncos fans talking about that play every other day

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Lynch run week in and week out, it's interesting how suddenly the tackling gets so horrific everytime he touches the ball

Let's not get carried away.

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was two years ago, just how long are people supposed to talk about past history. Because if talking about past history is all that important we can talk about Dwight Clarks amazing catch, in the endzone, against the Cowboys.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah Lynch is just an average RB and it was just soft tackles,,,Thanks for the trade by the way.

Never said he was Avg I admitted when the Bills traded him they were making a dumb trade and ill admit it now. But the Saints defense has been totally revamped since then.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame ESPN.:laugh3:

I didn't realize doublejive was an espn bot

Obviously he still holds it on some pedestal or else he wouldn't have posted this here

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously he still holds it on some pedestal or else he wouldn't have posted this here

You have always been free to just ignore this thread....

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is term known as "ignored" if you don't like it. It's an NFL general board and everyone is free to post, just like you're free to not click on a thread and read it. :10::lol: