• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Vs Saints IN Game thread

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The staff is gone. I'm telling you. The players have ABSOLUTELY zero interest in playing for the staff. This last week was the final straw. I believe the decision was likely already all but made after the Kromer incident. The front office and management 100% sees that. You can't possibly mistake this as anything else.

I have almost no doubt they are all gone.

After the GB game, which was followed by two wins. If Trestman can weather the storm a bit, the offense gets back on track, and they get to 7-9/8-8. Ending with good performances. I believe Trestman would have saved his job, for at least another year.

But now? Absolutely fucking not. Not a snowballs chance in hell. Nothing.

It's over. Black Monday is coming very soon for this entire staff. Looking forward to the new hunt for a head coach.

I see it too. Emery distancing himself from Tresty in pre-game talk.

My next fear- is they bungle the hirings... If they have made that decision you better be prepared to hire the next guy quickly. They better have a short list and an open wallet. I don't like the typical names we've all seen...
I know there are some rules about talking to playoff teams coaches... set something up, have a solid plan. Don't spend 2 weeks after the season deciding to not keep Tresty. Do it quickly.

Don't hire outside search firms that don't know football- Don't wait 2 months and have multiple interviews... and then when all the OC's and position coaches are snatched up there is nobody left. I hope.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my whole life I've been hearing "cubs are stacked with talent", "got the best farm system", yadda yadda. going on the 109th year already.

When have we had a stacked farm system before? I get there was buzz over Corey Patterson, Felix Pie and the sort, but they weren't on the same planet as Bryant, Baez or Russell. And Wood/Prior were simply due to overworking young arms, not a lack of talent.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I can read just fine. And when I read your posts, they say the same thing. Over and over and over. Hell, you yourself pointed out you've essentially beaten that dead horse back to life again only to kill it once more.

Whatever, man. I can get tiresome, repetitive bullshit that fits a proscribed narrative on DirecTV channel 206 too.

No, clearly, you can't, because I have said repeatedly that he isn't the *only* problem, he is just the *biggest* problem. You do get that there is a difference, right? I am not tired of being the dead horse on him being the only problem, I am tired of beating the dead horse that he is the biggest problem.

Sorry about the repetition. If Cutler wasn't playing like shit, I wouldn't have to say anything. I don't like it either.

C

cubzzzfanincali

my whole life I've been hearing "cubs are stacked with talent", "got the best farm system", yadda yadda. going on the 109th year already.

whoa my friend, I don't know where this is coming from. I have never, in my entire life, heard the Cubs had a promising farm system until now. There was a lot of talk about being stacked with talent in the mid-2000s, because that team was stacked with talent, but it was at the big league level. I've never heard the Cubs farm system described as anything other than crappy, and for the other 95% of my adult life other than mid-2000s no one referred to the Cubs big league team as stacked with talent either.

We'll see. They haven't won anything yet, they have an ocean to cross yet. But I wouldn't lump the current Cubs in with the other 109 years. They have their own, new way to screw up yet to come!

But I think the Cubs are in better shape than the Bears, which is sad. And so...back to the Jay Cutler bashing....

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay is far and away is the biggest problem with the offense.

I agree Noony, Cutler and shitty coaching... Which may be the reason Cutler looks blah this season. And I guess the biggest problem on defense is coaching as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Noony, Cutler and shitty coaching... Which may be the reason Cutler looks blah this season. And I guess the biggest problem on defense is coaching as well.
On a whole the guy responsible for Cutler and the coaches is Emory.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's not funny, but I thought it was... did anyone catch Jon Gruden at the start of the second half... he said "I don't even like the way they came out of the locker room."

C

cubzzzfanincali

Gruden says some inane things sometimes, but he also cracks me up a ton, and can be more dead on than most sometimes. Even his outrageous comments usually make me laugh.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it's always true.

They have had some very good teams, and have been close. Just some bad breaks and the ball doesn't seem to roll their way in October.

What's happened over the past century is rather irrelevant to this Cubs team. And yes, they some very good young talent and should be contending soon. Would not shock me in the least if they won a WS in the next few years. They're definitely positioning themselves for it, which is all you can continue to do. One of these times around, the breaks are bound to fall their way.

- Signed, A Die-Hard White Sox fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's always true.

They have had some very good teams, and have been close. Just some bad breaks and the ball doesn't seem to roll their way in October.

What's happened over the past century is rather irrelevant to this Cubs team. And yes, they some very good young talent and should be contending soon. Would not shock me in the least if they won a WS in the next few years. They're definitely positioning themselves for it, which is all you can continue to do. One of these times around, the breaks are bound to fall their way.

- Signed, A Die-Hard White Sox fan

Maybe a Red Line World Series? Can we dream a little?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a Red Line World Series? Can we dream a little?

I can only imagine the chaos that would erupt in the city.

Calls for a weeks cancelation of schools and workdays. IMO

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine the chaos that would erupt in the city.

Calls for a weeks cancelation of schools and workdays. IMO

methinks the news would get no further than the National Enquirer, nobody would believe it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
methinks the news would get no further than the National Enquirer, nobody would believe it.

"Game 1 of the 2015 World Series, Sale vs Lackey at Wrigley Field! First pitch, 7:10 PM on Friday night!"

… a man can certainly dream. :hope:

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Game 1 of the 2015 World Series, Sale vs Lackey at Wrigley Field! First pitch, 7:10 PM on Friday night!"

… a man can certainly dream. :hope:
Even though we'd be in opposite colors, rich, I'd raise a few with ya on this. :suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we'd be in opposite colors, rich, I'd raise a few with ya on this. :suds:

It's definitely a hair-raising thought. I get goosebumps just envisioning it.

If I'm being 100% honest. I really would enjoy seeing the Cubs win one in my lifetime. Obviously, if it's the White Sox they're facing, than they can go screw. But I just know a few Cubs fans who really live and die with the team. Some close friends, and some family. My attitude towards this changed a bit after 05 when the White Sox won it. My old man was around for the team's 59 world series loss, and was close to tearing up when they won it in 05. He said after the team lost to Baltimore in the 83 ALCS, that he started to think he may not live long enough to see them make it back.

I have Uncle's on the other side who are even older and are Cubs fans. I'd like to see them experience that.

I live relatively close to Wrigley as well. So, there is the chance that I just want to see the utter chaos that would ensue.

:suds:

Last edited by a moderator: